Quantcast

~~ Friday thread. Wake up, Greyhound. ~~

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
We have snow. It should last approximately 3.429hrs.

The wife will be returning from Florida tommorrow evening.:monkeydance: I have no idea how single parents do it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It is supposed to pour tonight and tomorrow. Figures. I was thinking of maybe taking the road bike out tomorrow to start working the winter cobwebs out of my legs.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning Monkeys,

Sitting at my desk enjoying a tosted bagel with some peanut butter.

Calling for rain all weekend down in PA as well. Looks like it will be a nice weekend to start packing for my move.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Gonna be a busy Friday for me. Gotta roll out MS security updates and upgrade software. Yippee. :rolleyes: On a good note, LOST kicked much ass yet again last night. I Love Juliet!! :cupidarrow: Also, our DH team mgr. is having a bunch of people over to his place tomorrow night to chill, so that should be fun. :thumb:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Late day at work yesterday, didn't get home until after 6. Today I'm stuck in the office all day, but I've got paperwork to get done, so I'm here posting on the monkey.

Tonight, I have to replace 3 valves in my bathroom so I can finish the remodel.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. I have no clue what's on tap for this weekend but it had better be relaxing. Today I have to hold an emergency meeting on the importance of clearly labeling the Pre and Post test in the field. And I think that I will have to burn 50-100 surveys already given out because the pre and the post test were not marked. I have stepped into a researchers nightmare seriously.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Worked in the shop rebuilding my road bike. Finally got the cranks off. I started to put the bike back together when I realized it was 10min until Lost started. Again, awesome episode.

Hopefully I can finish putting the road bike back together tonight. I was hoping to get a XC ride in tomorrow morning, but we are supposed to get 16" of snow by the end of the day tomorrow. Back to the trainer...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hello. Hit the LBS last night for a little frame tear down. Helped out the mechs and manned the register, where I jib jabbed for a hour with 4 local huckers...man, now I know why bike shop people get tired...1 hour of bike parts yacking exhausted me...

Hoping to head up with Tigg Sat and chill with the team tomorrow, but it's looking like babyland instead - Ewan is raring to go nowadays with all 4 limbs in constant motion, so we really, really need to set up that play area we've been talking about (hardwood floors are not conducive to taking spills!). Little bugger gained almost 5 lbs. in one and a half months!

I hope to wrap up my Gruitr build this weekend as well, can't wait!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. I went to see a band last night and my ears are ringing like a mutha today. Friend coming in from New Yawk this afternoon for the weekend so I'll be carting her around for a few days. Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about homeless people pulling rickshaws? Thats what I need.

Daylight savings time rolls in Sunday am. WooHoo! Bring on Spring already.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
....something just dawned on me.
"Nick" did you used to have a different username? Been here since 01, I have no idea who you are.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin monkeys. I found out yesterday afternoon that I had the day off today and my first thought was, "I bet it's gonna be cold and rainy." We had great weather yesterday but of course I was stuck in class all day. So here I sit in a small gray room studying.... Why? Because it's FARKING COLD AND RAINING:disgust1::plthumbsdown::disgust1: I hate weather.

Have a good'n monos.
or at least a better one than me....:disgust:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good morning. I have no clue what's on tap for this weekend but it had better be relaxing. Today I have to hold an emergency meeting on the importance of clearly labeling the Pre and Post test in the field. And I think that I will have to burn 50-100 surveys already given out because the pre and the post test were not marked. I have stepped into a researchers nightmare seriously.
Make sure to set up a pre-meeting to prepare for the meeting along with a post meeting meeting to make sure the meeting met the set goals.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good night last night.

found a free parking spot? check.
ate good indian food? check.
had a couple of good beers w/ a friend? check.
saw a good music performance? check.

jonathan richman is an underrated national treasure. most people may only know him from _There's Something About Mary_ (he did the music and had a couple of cameos), but the first Modern Lovers record is essential in all ways.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - wow antihistamines and cold medicine can really make ya whacky!

My head feels weird this a.m. and I've been having nutty crazy dreams the last two nights.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Nice night at home last night after running a bunch of errands and an emergency lesson (student has solo competition next week and is freaking out as she isn't prepared due to her lack of consistent practice). Ordered calzones for dinner and Syd at half of mine...she's a little piggy!!! TGIF!!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
good night last night.

found a free parking spot? check.
ate good indian food? check.
had a couple of good beers w/ a friend? check.
saw a good music performance? check.

jonathan richman is an underrated national treasure. most people may only know him from _There's Something About Mary_ (he did the music and had a couple of cameos), but the first Modern Lovers record is essential in all ways.

Great god, he looks like a sad Bruce Sprinsteen nowadays...totally dig the Modern Lovers.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Great god, he looks like a sad Bruce Sprinsteen nowadays...totally dig the Modern Lovers.
the guy looks great for 57, i think. voice was in fine shape, direct audience interaction (i was *directly* in front of him and it was a bit disconcerting for a performer to lock eyes for the duration he did), and a flair which was really fun.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Ordered calzones for dinner and Syd at half of mine...she's a little piggy!!! TGIF!!!
My boy is a pig too. He'll eat a whole baked potato, half a chicken breast, and a huge pile of broccoli. I calculate by weight, if I were to eat that much, I'd be eating almost 8 potatos, 4 chicken breasts, and more broccoli than I care to imagine. It must be hard work being a toddler.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My boy is a pig too. He'll eat a whole baked potato, half a chicken breast, and a huge pile of broccoli. I calculate by weight, if I were to eat that much, I'd be eating almost 8 potatos, 4 chicken breasts, and more broccoli than I care to imagine. It must be hard work being a toddler.
LOL....sounds like he & Syd would be good friends as that's one of her favorite meals as well. She regularly eats more than me. One of the teachers at school asked me how I was loosing weight this time of year and I replied "I'm on the toddler diet". She looked confused so I told her that my toddler cleans my plate for me :busted:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

***Greyhound trots into the middle of the room and shakes vigorously--showering everyone with rainwater****

Whew! .....It's quite the rainy morning today. I've been outside in the pouring rain loading trusses for a big job we've got to get delivered rain or shine. I've already had to go back to the house and change clothes once this morning. My jeans were soaked and it was 40 degrees, so at the risk of trying to avoid a life-ending case of pneumonia, I decided to grab my raingear as well. We weren't expecting the rain until later today, so I was totally unprepared this morning for the downpour that greeted me.

"Lost" was awesome last night.....Juilette rocks my socks. Great bikini scene with her and Goodwin at the beach. Even my wife was like "Damn...hottie." Makes me want to go rent "Gia" again........meow!!

WIth all of the rain we're having, the trails will be a mess..... so I guess I'll be doing hip sprints all weekend. :imstupid:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
My interview yesterday went really well and I should know the outcome early next week. Seems like a very cool team to work for, they were all on the call and it was very comfortable from the beginning.

I'm hoping to get some riding in this weekend, but who knows. I was gone most of the week for work and I don't really know what's going on this weekend.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Ugh...if moil is a word than that's what's in my stomach. Blues jam last night took alot out of me. I think I'm supposed to have my picture taken today for someones blog too. I guess I forever be remembered as the kid who looks a little-worse-for-wear.

But I did get my proto shifter parts today and I'm super happy to see my design works.

Now I need to find coffee that won't hurt my stomach, but provide headache free energy.