Quantcast

||| Friday |||

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Rims finally surfaced, after sitting idle at the port of Los Angeles since the beginning of the month. Estimated delivery, next Wednesday, and I can't wait.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Steamy, getting out of dodge for a weekend on the water.
New bike is entirely assembled less rear shock, which might arrive today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yo

currently employing a babysitter to watch the kids so we can work. she's here 3 days a week right now and we all want her to be here 5 days a week....but I have no idea what to pay her. We made an offer that I thought was reasonable but the response was lukewarm...she's getting a fantastic deal right now between unemployment and us overpaying her...not sure what protocol here is.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
yo

currently employing a babysitter to watch the kids so we can work. she's here 3 days a week right now and we all want her to be here 5 days a week....but I have no idea what to pay her. We made an offer that I thought was reasonable but the response was lukewarm...she's getting a fantastic deal right now between unemployment and us overpaying her...not sure what protocol here is.
What are you paying her?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What are you paying her?
we offered her 2200. We've been paying her 20/hr for 8-1 three days, and we want her/she wants us full time. The kids go down for a break for like an hour and a half of "quiet time" (thank you based amazon fire), so it's between 6.5 and 8 hours a day depending on whether you think that 1.5hr should be paid or not. That comes out to 13.5 (paid) and 17 (unpaid) time. She suggested 15-20 an hour, so I suppose we're on the low end, but if she wants to bug out during quiet time I'm cool with that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
we offered her 2200. We've been paying her 20/hr for 8-1 three days, and we want her/she wants us full time. The kids go down for a break for like an hour and a half of "quiet time" (thank you based amazon fire), so it's between 6.5 and 8 hours a day depending on whether you think that 1.5hr should be paid or not. That comes out to 13.5 (paid) and 17 (unpaid) time. She suggested 15-20 an hour, so I suppose we're on the low end, but if she wants to bug out during quiet time I'm cool with that.
For reference, my wife works as a nanny, and $20/hr is about the going rate for this area.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
IIRC correctly, it's been 8yrs or so, we paid our childcare person $20/hr.
It's hard to find people you trust with your kids imo.
Given the double dip with unemployment what you're offering is fair.
Tell her $25/hr and you'll 1099 her, that's probably in line with reality and you can write it off then.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, peanuts! Currently on a Skype meeting with 39 other people on a topic that doesn't really affect me. Needless to say, my focus on this meeting is sketchy at best. Two weeks into the new job and it going very well. They seem to like me and I have already made some great contributions. I got a paper direct deposit statement in the mail yesterday and my first thought was "Ok, this shit needs to stop." ADP is charging these guys for something that is not necessary.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Tell her $25/hr and you'll 1099 her, that's probably in line with reality and you can write it off then.
I think that's the part a lot of people fail to realize. Your nanny, especially during these times, is helping educate your children during some of their most formative and impressionable years. Is it really worth haggling over a couple of dollars an hour?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
'Morning, peanuts! Currently on a Skype meeting with 39 other people on a topic that doesn't really affect me. Needless to say, my focus on this meeting is sketchy at best. Two weeks into the new job and it going very well. They seem to like me and I have already made some great contributions. I got a paper direct deposit statement in the mail yesterday and my first thought was "Ok, this shit needs to stop." ADP is charging these guys for something that is not necessary.
Have them send those checks to me and you'll never have to worry about those pesky paper deposit mailers again.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
For reference, my wife works as a nanny, and $20/hr is about the going rate for this area.

thanks, that's helpful. I think she'll lose unemployment if she full times for us, as she was a daycare teacher and if she says she's not coming back, then she misses out. So maybe I'll up the amount. $20 for 6.5 hours is like 2600, 20 for 8 is 3200, maybe 2800? that's like 17.5 an hour for 8hr or 22 for 6.5. I don't really know what's reasonable in all honesty

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

I and my brain do not like this gray, Seattle-type weather.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Out at 7 for a really short spin. The doggos were slow and had a much better time at the lake.

This heat is making me thirsty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Trying to get as much table and mitre saw work done before rain as possible. I have a large eave, but want to keep out of the rain if possible.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
:wave:

Friday you say? I should take out the trash.
And don’t talk back.

Had a fever two weeks ago, but it went away after a few days. Decided I felt up to drive for a COVID test, after a couple of weeks of coincidental back pain. Results came back negative. Good peace of mind since I’ve got two doctor visits scheduled next week. Not sure what I had that caused the fever.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i was paid that to watch dogs.....half the time sitting on my ass watching tv and giving the dogs a turn in the house being spoiled....

two years of it tax free....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think that's the part a lot of people fail to realize. Your nanny, especially during these times, is helping educate your children during some of their most formative and impressionable years. Is it really worth haggling over a couple of dollars an hour?
you do realize who you're talking to, right?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
yo

You do know what would help with that, right? :brows:

:wave:

Friday you say? I should take out the trash.
What's funny is I found the Denver weather to be kind of exhausting. So. Much. Sun.

I need those cold, grey, miserable days to recharge.
I was just saying to the wife that it'd be nice to get a couple cool, rainy days like this every couple weeks. Garden is looking quite happy this morning.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning, cupcakes. I'm doing things, and stuff. Camping in WY this weekend with the financé and the doggos. Riding bikes. Gonna drink beer and maybe have a campfire. It's gon' be great.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy fuckshit is this one factory hot. Went up on a mezzanine while wearing my face mask and it was next to impossible to breath with the humidity.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
G'morning, cupcakes. I'm doing things, and stuff. Camping in WY this weekend with the financé and the doggos. Riding bikes. Gonna drink beer and maybe have a campfire. It's gon' be great.
Whereabouts are you decamping to, to camp?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just hoping @Sandwich isn't beyond applying logic to the situation. If my wife's experience with well to do families is any indication, just buy the kid one less Vineyard Vines t-shirt that they'll grow out of in 2 weeks and give that $60 to the nanny.

Though this is a perfect example of how we in the US treat teachers and those in charge of the welfare of our children. Low ball them on their pay and benefits, then act all surprised when they get upset about trying to do arguably the most important job outside of parenting.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Busted my ass on some wet boulders yesterday. Only my third hike on this pair of shoes, but third pair of the same model. I’ve never had a traction issue with them before. Wondering if the rubber compound is on the old side like when sticky rubber tires get old and the knobs get stiff. This pair was bought on close out for less than half price. So maybe...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you're a dick.
I'll cheap out on bike parts, but not on the important stuff. Buying the 18th axle standard that SRAM came up with this week is stupid- we always overpay and tip our babysitters and continued to pay our house cleaners when they didn't show up due to covid.

Just hoping @Sandwich isn't beyond applying logic to the situation. If my wife's experience with well to do families is any indication, just buy the kid one less Vineyard Vines t-shirt that they'll grow out of in 2 weeks and give that $60 to the nanny.

Though this is a perfect example of how we in the US treat teachers and those in charge of the welfare of our children. Low ball them on their pay and benefits, then act all surprised when they get upset about trying to do arguably the most important job outside of parenting.
we aren't vineyard vines wealthy, but the goal was to pay a little less than we would compared to the combination of daycare and summer camp, which is a shit ton. she didn't offer up any requests when I asked her to think about wage. She suggested 15-20 an hour, which is simple, but how many hours is she working if the kids are on their tablets for an hour and a half but she's here for 8 hours in total? is that 8 hours or 6.5? what if we allow her to leave for that time and then come back after- is she still paid? one of the kids is 3, but the other is older and capable of wiping her own ass...does that qualify for a discount? what if the older one goes to summer camp for a week, does she deserve the full wage even though she's only watching one kid?

I don't know the answer to any of these questions, and she isn't giving us a "I'd like to get X per week and work these hours" so I'm making it up as I go along. I offered her more based on this conversation, after realizing I was probably underpaying, so don't be a dickhead.