Quantcast

~~~Friday's GMT~~~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Got lots of raking leaves and picking up debris from the crazy weather earlier this week. Don't forget to turn your clocks back this weekend.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Crashed on a rocky descent because of a stupid horse owner who waved me past so he could take his time, then couldn't control his horse. I love horses. I'm learning to hate people.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sometimes my high pain tolerance is a burden. I figured I'd just "tweaked" something but the MRI revealed a tear in the disc between L2&3 and a bulge between L3&4 of my lower back. WTF? To make that worse, my new frame arrived the other day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The sun is out and while wet, it looks like it might be a nice day. Haven't looked at the weekend forecast, but those are 50/50 anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sometimes my high pain tolerance is a burden. I figured I'd just "tweaked" something but the MRI revealed a tear in the disc between L2&3 and a bulge between L3&4 of my lower back. WTF? To make that worse, my new frame arrived the other day.
Sorry about the back, heal up.

We require deets on the new frame.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dayum. Good luck with the back. Find a good spine doc if you don't already have one. I had a complex herniation back in July... got surgery in August - feeling pretty good but rehab is ongoing and pretty slow...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Baby woke up early. I'm tired. At work with my ridiculously far right colleagues trying to catch me in something to froth around for a while. I managed to hold them off with a simple question: "why has Rmoney not answered a single press question in 22 days?" I'm letting them chew on that for a while.

No other plans than to try and make some money today.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Rode into the office today after several Hurricane-related WFH days. Rode past the blocks-long lines of people waiting for shuttle buses between BK and Manhattan, over the Brooklyn Bridge which was somewhat orderly with pedestrians and cyclists, through still-powerless lower Manhattan where the streets were relatively clear and almost all intersections had cops directing traffic. Hit the Terminal Power Point around 23rd Street where traffic lights were working again. Grabbed a coffee and donut being handed out to cyclists by Transportation Alternatives. By 34th, it felt like regular old crowded Manhattan, nearly doored twice, cellphone zombies wandering into the street, etc. Got to work in 1/2 hr, which is less time that it takes by subway. That crane still dangles flaccidly from the side of the zillion dollar apartment hi-rise, like a blind guy in the woman's unmentionables section of JC Penny.

Reminded me a lot of the days after 9/11 -- just a different stench in the air.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds good Andrew I am getting ready to bike to work Monday as we should have power by then. Crazy all the people waiting for the bus when they could just walk over the bridge.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Crazy all the people waiting for the bus when they could just walk over the bridge.

Yah, seems weird too me that people wouldn't grab a bike and would rather sit in traffic for hours. I live in a different world though so my crazy ideas don't make sense to everyone. :)

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Dayum. Good luck with the back. Find a good spine doc if you don't already have one. I had a complex herniation back in July... got surgery in August - feeling pretty good but rehab is ongoing and pretty slow...

Going to be able to get out for ski season? We need someone to supply us pics of blower days at steamboat and elsewhere out west, for us on the east coast.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rode into the office today after several Hurricane-related WFH days. Rode past the blocks-long lines of people waiting for shuttle buses between BK and Manhattan, over the Brooklyn Bridge which was somewhat orderly with pedestrians and cyclists, through still-powerless lower Manhattan where the streets were relatively clear and almost all intersections had cops directing traffic. Hit the Terminal Power Point around 23rd Street where traffic lights were working again. Grabbed a coffee and donut being handed out to cyclists by Transportation Alternatives. By 34th, it felt like regular old crowded Manhattan, nearly doored twice, cellphone zombies wandering into the street, etc. Got to work in 1/2 hr, which is less time that it takes by subway. That crane still dangles flaccidly from the side of the zillion dollar apartment hi-rise, like a blind guy in the woman's unmentionables section of JC Penny.

Reminded me a lot of the days after 9/11 -- just a different stench in the air.
for the marathon...pelt them with rocks and garbage as they pass...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yah, seems weird too me that people wouldn't grab a bike and would rather sit in traffic for hours. I live in a different world though so my crazy ideas don't make sense to everyone. :)
This is the city where they have crazy people have tried to sue the city because they put in bike lane. It right here where I live and its been brilliant both for bikers and to slow down speeding cars:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/nyregion/effort-to-remove-prospect-park-west-bike-lane-is-rejected.html

Also the walk from where they take the buses is amazing going over the Brooklyn Bridge. Well Heidi I am the crazy Euro who grew up riding my bike or taking public transportation so I am with you.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm thinking spray them with water from Gowanus. Can't ****ing believe the marathon is happening.
if all the people who are scrounging for gas/food/shelter gave chase.....real life escape from new york......televised...