Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow, so I'm hoping to ride. I pulled an ab muscle on Monday and it's still bothering me, but as long as it doesn't get any worse I should be OK to ride.

Anyone else?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Took my road bike and rollers over to Gee Spot and Mtbkngrl's house last night and had a good workout. Training has officially started! Actually a few weeks ago :D

I believe the quote from Gee Spot as she was pounding the pedals was "I am NOT going to be slower than the girl on the West coast team!"

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Gonna take my latest iteration of a 'cross bike out for a spin around campus tonite, then got a 'cross race in Greene, NY this Sunday.

"Latest iteration" = all 'cross parts except for the frame, which is a Jamis MTB frame. Fixed gear, brakeless. Should be interesting this Sunday. :help:

Oh yeah, going to a RIT hockey game tonight. Nothing like a bunch of frustrated, drunk engineers at a hockey game to make for an interesting evening.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nate at RIT said:
"Latest iteration" = all 'cross parts except for the frame, which is a Jamis MTB frame. Fixed gear, brakeless. Should be interesting this Sunday. :help:
hey... I know a few people doing that race. Good luck with it!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Took my road bike and rollers over to Gee Spot and Mtbkngrl's house last night and had a good workout. Training has officially started! Actually a few weeks ago :D

I believe the quote from Gee Spot as she was pounding the pedals was "I am NOT going to be slower than the girl on the West coast team!"

:D if we get a ringer for spot # 5 I just might be the slow guy on the team! :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:

Man I need to step up my training. I haven't had the motivation to go to the gym so I have been running a little bit, no more than 2 miles at a time. I have to build up the mileage slowly or my joints kill me.

Weather looks good here for the weekend. I'll be riding Saturday and Sunday.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Man I need to step up my training. I haven't had the motivation to go to the gym so I have been running a little bit, no more than 2 miles at a time. I have to build up the mileage slowly or my joints kill me.

Weather looks good here for the weekend. I'll be riding Saturday and Sunday.
how fast can you run a 5k?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
No riding for me on Saturday. That's going to be my wife's "day off". I've agreed to take the little girl for the entire day so she can go out and get a manicure, shop for a new dress for my upcoming company holiday party, go to lunch with friends, etc.

But I'm definitely riding Sunday morning. Meeting up with a few friends at White Ranch for some much needed singletrack goodness.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
how fast can you run a 5k?
I don't think I can run a 5k right now and never timed myself when I could. I am a really bad runner. My feet naturally point outwards so when I run I end up pushing off with all my weight on my big toe. If I run too much i get stress fractures in my first metatarsal. This is why I started riding when i was 16.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I hope to ride a little bit this weekend and I too have started running a bit more ( dating a woman who runs has a tendency to motivate someone who isn't thrilled about running). I am like Westy too I need to build up to longer mileage very very slowly.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Nepaug is calling and we must heed her call.

I'm checking on Liam's game time for Sunday bro. It'll have to be cheeta time at Nepaug then as I need to start to tear down the Belair to get it ready to send north!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
I hope to ride a little bit this weekend and I too have started running a bit more ( dating a woman who runs has a tendency to motivate someone who isn't thrilled about running). I am like Westy too I need to build up to longer mileage very very slowly.
I need some motivation like that.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
I need some motivation like that.
I'm hoping my motivation to run more will also serve to motivate Laura to hit the trails down the road.

She likes to ride bikes and has a Hybrid - but hopefully in time we'll get her on a MTB.
:dancing:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
I'm hoping my motivation to run more will also serve to motivate Laura to hit the trails down the road.

She likes to ride bikes and has a Hybrid - but hopefully in time we'll get her on a MTB.
:dancing:
How tall is Laura? She could always try out my Spice or Randee's Rockhopper.