Quantcast

Fridays ride thread....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode the usual trails. Kind of treacherous seeing as we had powder on ice. Took it slow and easy to start. But then someone had to pickup the pace until we were going stupid fast. I started to blow up and was hoping for someone to complain to slow us down. Then someone crashed and that daisy chained into a cluster phuck of crashes. I went down hard and got a butt charlie horse on a piece of ice as I was sliding down a hill. We all reigned it in after that. Did 2 runs down cobbs hill and only made one climb. The traction we had the day before was gone on the climbs. No hill repeats either. The last couple of laps were real slow and when someone said they wanted to head back we just went straight back to the cars. I felt like crap and I am really tired today. I am going to take the day off today.......jdcamb

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had cold but dry weather all week. Things were just getting dry enough that a trail ride would be possible this weekend. Of course the forcast now calls for snow/rain all weekend so not even a cold ass road ride is in order.:mumble: :mumble:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
It's gonna be 65+ today, so I brought the roady to lunch. Cherry Creek resevoir is a mile from work, so I go over there and do a couple loops. I usually do about 17 miles over lunch. WOOOHOOO! Lunch Ride!!! :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
rode the bike @ the gym

I thought this was cool: after Sunday's spin class I told the instructor (she also owns the gym) how we did at old pueblo, yesterday she told me she's been telling the people at her other spin classes about how well we (me) did

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
WOOHOOO! Lunch ride! I only have about 60 miles in for the year so far. (not counting spin classes, those aren't 'real' miles) But, it's a start. I felt better today than I did last week so the legs must be remembering how to pedal again. It was warm enough today for just shorts & a jersey.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
my "ride" today was driving from seattle to portland to seattle. that's 175 miles each way, and i made it down in 2:35, which works out to ~67 mph. that's not bad considering there was traffic and that the speed limit is 60 mph for about 75 of those miles :D

(thank you, valentine 1)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
johnbryanpeters said:
Didn't ride, walked, sussing out a couple of new short trails.
Sometimes you gotta do that too. In a couple of weeks when all this snow melts. We will be neither walking or riding. Ahhh the mud season....