((*)) Friderp a derp, derp ((*))

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Dude, @mandown you live in a spicy neighborhood! Must be fun on 4th of July.

Since the new gas stove was installed - no other heat source has been necessary to keep my house at temp. I wonder how much LP I am burning. We bought a Lopi and it's radical.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
A dipshit friend of mine in college walked into a frat party shitfaced claiming to be a cop. About $10,000, a good lawyer and white priviledge are the only things that kept him out of the pokey.
One of my cousins and one of my hometown's local dumbasses (who was the son of a sheriff's deputy) did a little time for impersonating an officer. Also for stealing firearms and radio equipment, IIRC. That same cousin also did a little time for stealing an ultralight. Go big or go home, right? Just stellar choices.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No. My car. It was stolen and recovered. It was parked on the curb and scheduled for repairs next week. Now it’s gone again.
If you get it back or when you get a new one I would definitely install a remote cutoff switch to something like the fuel pump. Non standard install as they probably know how to defeat alarms.

Or just get a manual transmission.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of my cousins and one of my hometown's local dumbasses (who was the son of a sheriff's deputy) did a little time for impersonating an officer. Also for stealing firearms and radio equipment, IIRC. That same cousin also did a little time for stealing an ultralight. Go big or go home, right? Just stellar choices.

This dumbass friend did dumb shit that would get him into trouble that could never benefit him in any way. The only possible victim of his crimes was himself. He once got arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct for walking into the police station and telling the cops they were fascists.

No it wasn't @kidwoo

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This dumbass friend did dumb shit that would get him into trouble that could never benefit him in any way. The only possible victim of his crimes was himself. He once got arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct for walking into the police station and telling the cops they were fascists.

No it wasn't @kidwoo
Sad they felt the need to arrest him, that's pretty benign and shouldn't warrant much more than taking him home to sleep it off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sad they felt the need to arrest him, that's pretty benign and shouldn't warrant much more than taking him home to sleep it off.

As I understand it he was asked to leave multiple times and given plenty of opportunity to do so. When he refused was arrested and locked up for the night to sleep it off. Charges were dropped in the morning. Considering how annoying this person could be I honestly think he got off easy. There were a few times where I had to threaten him with violence to get him out of my face after he became obsessed with discussing some odd issue that I didn't want to engage with a rational person about let alone a ranting lunatic.

Still not @kidwoo

For the past two years I have been getting texts from him about wanting to discuss a "college of bricks". I have no idea what he is talking about and not interested in finding out.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuckin' wireless router decided to go haywire late yesterday afternoon... won't maintain a connection on *any* wifi-connected device. Wired connections are fine.

Occasionally it will act *almost* normal for 10-15 minutes, but then it goes back to acting all wonky. I guess I should get out into the wide world and source a new router. :disgust:
Who's your cable provider? I've never felt the need for anything beyond the wifi that's built into our xfinity cable modem.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dr's appt as i'm changing PCP to one that's closer. ran some errands after that, got steak rolls and cheesecake from corropolese, flowers for my wife's b-day, and some tasty beers.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Except you are a sucker for renting the Xfinity cable modem. And so am I for that matter.
We went with Xfinity after we moved into our current place, and I bought a Nighthawk router instead. I don't remember what the monthly fee was for renting their router, but I remember thinking it wouldn't take terribly long for the router to pay for itself.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Who's your cable provider? I've never felt the need for anything beyond the wifi that's built into our xfinity cable modem.
We have Comcast as well, but have our own cable modem and separate wireless router. I won't pay them their "rental" fee on their equipment, though...

ETA: Yeah, if it was expensed, I'd go the Xfinity modem/router route...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like an investment opportunity!

Mail him some lithium. (the pills not the water boom)

You probably aren't that far off. He probably has some schizophrenic tendencies. His younger brother died in a freak accident, the kind that ends up in Darwin Award stories. He couldn't avoid see news articles or radio stations mocking his brothers death, I think that trauma kind of sent him over the edge.

The town he grew up in is also famous for its chromium pollution, so there is that.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fuckin' wireless router decided to go haywire late yesterday afternoon... won't maintain a connection on *any* wifi-connected device. Wired connections are fine.

Occasionally it will act *almost* normal for 10-15 minutes, but then it goes back to acting all wonky. I guess I should get out into the wide world and source a new router. :disgust:
Sounds like you need to go back to the office, boomer. :D

Having a 3PM beer while WFH, it's that kind of day. Weather is lacking an appeal, too - 1" of slimey slush on the ground and cold snot keeps falling from the sky.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
dr's appt as i'm changing PCP to one that's closer. ran some errands after that, got steak rolls and cheesecake from corropolese, flowers for my wife's b-day, and some tasty beers.
It is my wife’s B Day as well. Is she a Pistol?

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
it literally takes no time. get warm water, proof yeast; add a bit of oil, salt, and flour. mix for a few minutes, let rise for 1hr. every friday yo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it literally takes no time. get warm water, proof yeast; add a bit of oil, salt, and flour. mix for a few minutes, let rise for 1hr. every friday yo.
just an hour? lolwut. when I make dough I proof it overnight.

regardless, this was the dough from the pizza shop:

PXL_20230120_233431348.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My older daughter is also a pretty great pizza dough maker and baker. I don’t think she proves it that long either. Main success factors seem to be good/correct flour and baking on a stone to get that perfect base.