Quantcast

>>Friderp GeeEmTee<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Things that go bump in the night... 65 pound dog rolled over and fell of the bed at 2am. he wasn't hurt and I fell back asleep for another hour.

Little bit of rain yesterday looks like clear and mid 70s today with an easy schedule...works for me

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
interesting....someone from high school i thought would be dead by now actually lives in australia.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Level of stupid was exceptional at the Detroit airport this morning. A special award goes to the Chinese couple trying to fly with a duffle bag full of cats. I think animal control was called.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Level of stupid was exceptional at the Detroit airport this morning. A special award goes to the Chinese couple trying to fly with a duffle bag full of cats. I think animal control was called.
they couldn't understand why the TSA wanted to take their snacks

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
they couldn't understand why the TSA wanted to take their snacks
From what I have seen, when people from cultures that do not typically have pets come to the US and get pets, said pets are not not treated the way we would expect.

Helped steal a dog from a Korean friend when in college.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

I see lots of yard work in my future this weekend. Putting in a couple new bushes in the backyard to help mask my neighbor's neglected yard. Wifey also wants to do a small flower garden in the front of our house. I guess it's kind of a Mother's day gift for her. At least I can drink beer during all of this so I'm fine with it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went for a ride last night. conditions were awesome but I felt like a sack shit. I can't understand why either, as both boys have been sleeping well for the past week. anyways, when we were done the ride, my fucking Pike blew it's air-side dust seal again. this new one lasted all of 4 rides. the one before it lasted 3 rides. the goddam fork has been in for service more times than I've ridden it I think. Last year it was warrantied twice by the distributor, one time replacing both the air spring and the damper cartridge. The thing worked so well the first season I had it (July to November 2013) then has been nothing but a pain in my ass. I'm not sure what to do now. All aftermarket kits for it seem to focus on the damper side, not the air side, which is where I'm having problems. gah.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning.

I see lots of yard work in my future this weekend. Putting in a couple new bushes in the backyard to help mask my neighbor's neglected yard. Wifey also wants to do a small flower garden in the front of our house. I guess it's kind of a Mother's day gift for her. At least I can drink beer during all of this so I'm fine with it.
Ironic, deflowering is the more traditional part of motherhood.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mother F'n Friday. It was hard to get up this morning for gym time with rain. It poured here last night and bed was comfy. I know a bunch of people were pissed because Snow Summit bike park opening day is today, except it was snowing and they were turning people away without chains.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
that would be some pretty epic riding at SS.
I agree. One of the best riding days I had was when it snowed overnight at Northstar. I was very close to taking the day off today to hit opening weekend, but we have a big crew scheduled for next weekend, so I decided to pass today. Wish I had just gone up. Not sure why people wouldn't just head back down the mountain a bit to Wal-Mart or something and get chains. I wouldn't let that stop me from an epic park day. The dirt up there is so good when it's damp.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree. One of the best riding days I had was when it snowed overnight at Northstar. I was very close to taking the day off today to hit opening weekend, but we have a big crew scheduled for next weekend, so I decided to pass today. Wish I had just gone up. Not sure why people wouldn't just head back down the mountain a bit to Wal-Mart or something and get chains. I wouldn't let that stop me from an epic park day. The dirt up there is so good when it's damp.
not to mention the hilarity of socalbrocal dh'ers trying to ride in snow.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
not to mention the hilarity of socalbrocal dh'ers trying to ride/drive in snow.
FTFY. Last surprise snow up there, I came up behind someone at least a few miles past the snow line doing like 35 on the freeway. Went to pass and realize they still had chains on their car...it had only been rain for the past 5 miles or so...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
FTFY. Last surprise snow up there, I came up behind someone at least a few miles past the snow line doing like 35 on the freeway. Went to pass and realize they still had chains on their car...it had only been rain for the past 5 miles or so...
to be fair, i've seen socal drivers that would probably benefit from chains in the rain

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i remember the one time i went to N* it snowed on our way up, they actually closed Saturday due to snow but opened sunday, so we rode some local Tahoe trails

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It was just enough overnight to make it 100% awesome. Stopped early enough to open the park. We rode first tracks down most of the runs.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
they were turning people away without chains.
Neko Mullaly haz a sad.

In other news, discovered that the f'n birds that had built a nest in the eaves of the little porch by our front door seem to have brought an infestation of mites to the front of our house. WTF? kill ALL the things!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I dropped off the older kid at preschool this morning in the LEAF, which she likes more than the RAV4 EV. I asked her why, and it's apparently because she thinks the people on the radio talk more in the RAV4 (and play less music) than in the other car. Go figure.

For the rest of the day I'm on academic time. No tie needed. I'm grading liver cancer cases, gathering data about breast nodules on CT, writing a bit, hassling a bank to get a $100 promotion applied, and waiting for SolarCity to call back so that I can get the solar package on the new house upsized.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its almost 90F in one of my server rooms. :banghead::panic::panic::panic::panic::banghead:

Need beer. Now.

Also, just purchased a new Kuat NV bike rack. Sweet.