Quantcast

$$$Friderp GMT$$$

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Perhaps I can shed some light on the situation then.

I submitted receipts this morning to the insurance company for the purchase price of the bicycle plus the tires I swapped on, pedals that were not included in the purchase price, handlebar I swapped out, and stem that I had in my parts bin. The total for all of that at retail pricing (what I paid, I have no hook ups) is $5,200.

My policy does cover replacement cost, so I'm looking at $3,200 after the deductible. If I were to purchase things at full retail once again to achieve the same configuration I will indeed be out the full $2K.

I have made a plea to the bike shop to come back and see what they can do for me. I spoke with the folks at Yeti this morning and to their credit they said they will speak to the bike shop as well about seeing what they can do. In the mean time Yeti has offered me a demo bike for the duration of the weekend so I can get some saddle time in. Huge props to them for both offering up a demo bike and speaking to the shop on my behalf.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Most aren't going to look into whether you can buy the bike built that way. They're going to look at what the bike shop tells them it will cost to replace.
yea, because bikes can easily be "'custom" or for stuff no longer available, they often times go by what it could cost to replace with something comparable.

like, if you had a bike from a company that no longer makes bikes, or no longer makes something similar.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, I will be receiving video footage of the incident shortly and will most definitely be sharing for informational purposes. With any luck someone will recognize this shitgibbon and his life choices will catch up to him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Perhaps I can shed some light on the situation then.

I submitted receipts this morning to the insurance company for the purchase price of the bicycle plus the tires I swapped on, pedals that were not included in the purchase price, handlebar I swapped out, and stem that I had in my parts bin. The total for all of that at retail pricing is $5,200.

My policy does cover replacement cost, so I'm looking at $3,200 after the deductible. If I were to purchase things at full retail once again to achieve the same configuration I will indeed be out the full $2K.

I have made a plea to the bike shop to come back and see what they can do for me. I spoke with the folks at Yeti this morning and to their credit they said they will speak to the bike shop as well about seeing what they can do. In the mean time Yeti has offered me a demo bike for the duration of the weekend so I can get some saddle time in. Huge props to them for both offering up a demo bike and speaking to the shop on my behalf.

you know we just like to argue about stuff right?

we're all hoping that your original bike turns up unharmed and the jizztrumpet who stole it gets a felony

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
If you let me sleep on your couch and drink your beer, I will try to channel my inner Liam Neeson on said shitgibbon.

And also ride bikes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It all depends on how nice/cool they are about it. From a strictly moral standpoint, splitting the extra would be the most fair to both parties, as the shop would have already helped Tim by redoing the quote at a part level (borderline fraudish), and in turn Tim is giving them money (again) by buying the bike there.

Of course $500 means more to Tim than the shop, but depending on the size of the shop, losing out on that potential $500 after already doing Tim a favor probably isn't something they're going to be all for. Then again, if they are a standup place and empathetic about the situation, I'm sure they will. Either way, both parties win.
If you're planning on buying the replacement bike from me, I'll bend the numbers for sure. That's just something that needs to be discussed before proceeding forward. I never asked somebody to split that buffer amount with me. I always just asked them to buy their replacement bike through me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'd be surprised if Yeti can't get them down to cost range. For the shop it's a lifetime supporter, for Yeti it's this kind of positive chatter and a lifer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuuuuuck. Sorry to hear that. I hope the shop can help you out.
looks like somewhere along the St Lawrence... Possibly between Montreal and Quebec city?

Happy Canada day!

There's a neighbourhood party outside my place now, at least 40 kids and a bouncy castle. I predict vomit.

Thinking of taking my oldest to find Dory this afternoon to cool off a bit in a dark, air conditionned space.
It was right before the Quebec/New Brunswick border. Came over the ridge and had one of the best views, the fog/clouds over the water topped it off.

Now I'm in Nova Scotia, on the ocean sorta. I'm beyond tired, need to find a bong shed spot away from the kids and chalets here. Luckily having the bike should make quick work of that...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Adventurous, long shot but once you get it hosted you could always try and send links to the local news outlets of the video via tweeter and bookface etc.

What kind of lock did you have it secured to the truck with?
Working on it! I have the video in my possession and am trying to figure out how to best circulate it. It provides a clear picture of who this degenerate cumfunnel is.

It was locked on my Thule T2 using their integrated lock. Considering this episode it would appear I need to re-evaluate how I transport my bicycle.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That didn't take long
What pushed me over the edge was that they had/have a sale on the 5010: $1300 off my build plus they took my two demo fees off the price as well. It'll be a tight few months to come but it beats picking up and paying for a demo bike (or riding your wife's small XC bike) for the many weekends still left this summer.

Working on it! I have the video in my possession and am trying to figure out how to best circulate it. It provides a clear picture of who this degenerate cumfunnel is.

It was locked on my Thule T2 using their integrated lock. Considering this episode it would appear I need to re-evaluate how I transport my bicycle.
Did they cut the cable or just force the tiny lock mechanism? Ultimately the whole rack itself could be taken apart with allen keys and a socket set…

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Did they cut the cable or just force the tiny lock mechanism? Ultimately the whole rack itself could be taken apart with allen keys and a socket set…
He did it through brute force. It almost appears that the locking head jumped a few ratchet spots, so I would imagine that took quite the tug.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
He did it through brute force. It almost appears that the locking head jumped a few ratchet spots, so I would imagine that took quite the tug.
Daisy chained u-locks or a New York chain if you are leaving it on the back. Or, just put it into the bed.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Share it here, on your FB, give it to the police, offer it to the news, and have someone pull a good still image of the thief that can be make into wanted posters. The thief well may live close to your parking lot. Start plastering.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I had an interesting job interview this afternoon. Working with rocket scientists (literally) and ex-airforce personnel sounds compelling but the Hell freezes over before I show any sympathies towards moving to the DC. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Adventurous cool to hear both the shop and Yeti seem to be in your corner. You got it at GBS, or elsewhere? Lemme know, if I know someone at the shop you bought 'er at maybe I can put in a word. No promises, but maybe. If it is GBS I would be surprised if they didn't do something for ya, those dudes are solid.

In #funemployment news, I had my fork overhauled today and replaced a pair of crabon bars that had a deep gouge from a crash. The shop had a pair of aluminum Easton Havoc bars that had been on the floor a while, so they let them go at a great price. Now eating an apple down by the river, contemplating a ride in between thunderstorms.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
7 more minutes then I'm out of here.

I've been in my office for, uh, a few hours. I've sent some work-related emails… that counts as being productive, right? One was to ask to spend my academic funds, typically reserved for society dues and conference travel, on a shiny new Apple laptop. It'd be owned by the university but I'd be fine with that.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Wife went to Seattle for training this week so I told her to bring me back an ounce of Blue Dream in her ass and she's being super uptight about it. All "I'm a public education administrator" this and "federal charges" that. Yeesh

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@Adventurous Hell yeah, catch that fucker !

Gallery Hop tonight, three hours of smiling and being civil.

Finally replaced the batteries in the bathroom scale and discovered that even though my shorts are loose.I have gained two pounds. :think:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Wife went to Seattle for training this week so I told her to bring me back an ounce of Blue Dream in her ass and she's being super uptight about it. All "I'm a public education administrator" this and "federal charges" that. Yeesh
Blue Dream ? You can do way better than that. Girls Scout Cookies is where it's at, or so I hear.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The local news station is coming to interview me in a few minutes. Be prepared.
Which channel? If it's Fox they'll somehow blame you for the theft with an obscure graph/diagram proving that your Yeti was responsible for Russia annexing Crimea.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Bug that became stuck in my ear was a Ant and not a brain eating Earwig. 3.5 hours of absolute terror. Qtip covered in Honey did the trick. It was still alive as I pulled it out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Which channel? If it's Fox they'll somehow blame you for the theft with an obscure graph/diagram proving that your Yeti was responsible for Russia annexing Crimea.
It's totally Fox. Thinking it'll be on the 9 o'clock news at some point. Another station is interested too, I'll see if they want a shot as well. :D

Semi-ironic that the police finally called me back in the middle of the interview.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Jeebus are the freaks out tonight.

One guy looked at my collection wedding bands and asked if they were earrings or finger rings. :think:

And I'm pretty sure some cartoon characters have come to life and are now walking among us.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's totally Fox. Thinking it'll be on the 9 o'clock news at some point. Another station is interested too, I'll see if they want a shot as well. :D

Semi-ironic that the police finally called me back in the middle of the interview.
Your Yeti purchase caused the Brexit :mad: