Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Take the high line to the left or the right. Bunnyhop from one to another like a boss for extra street cred.
I've done that on trails with smaller ruts in Pisgah. Some of those steep ruts have a pretty big pucker factor being on a ridge line with little room for error.

@jstuhlman I'm thinking about heading up the hill Sunday to ride Yancey. Pretty safe bet it won't be crowded. Just hope I can find it after all these years. Do you ever run into any other riders while solo in the Other Pisgah ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When idly looking over my bike while practicing trumpet in the garage I saw that my rear rim is noticeably off center towards the right chain/seatstays. At first I assumed GBS dished the wheel wrong but then I felt the spokes. Probably half of the left side flange spokes are palpably loose.

I think I did this banging down Lenawee. To GBS it shall go after the Sabbath, as I think they'll true wheels they built for free.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I've done that on trails with smaller ruts in Pisgah. Some of those steep ruts have a pretty big pucker factor being on a ridge line with little room for error.

@jstuhlman I'm thinking about heading up the hill Sunday to ride Yancey. Pretty safe bet it won't be crowded. Just hope I can find it after all these years. Do you ever run into any other riders while solo in the Other Pisgah ?
I hit Yancey last week. Other than the fire road in being incredibly overgrown (so much so that it's hard to miss the place where Yancey forks off to the left) it's in great shape. If you want to make sure you get on Yancey (you'll just miss the first bit of the trail), take the first fire road to the right after you crest Roseboro Rd., not the second one further down). The first one T's directly into Yancey (hang a right to get on it going the correct way). I'd suggest the Avenza app so you can check where you are if necessary.

Other than passing people camping, or the occasional hiker, I don't usually see anyone out there, especially bikers, once on the trail. Maybe a bit more people on the weekends...