Quantcast

^-^ FriDerp GMT -^-

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i might actually get out for a ride this weekend. Yay!

Found a buyer for the evil. Yay!

Paid to have it professionally packed (too lazy, not enough time, it was cheap) and they finished with it early. Yay!

Good start to the weekend.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm going to pretend to work hard for the next 35 minutes, then settle back onto the sofa for France vs Uruguay.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had a one hour run workout to do yesterday afternoon, but with a 102 heat index, I said screw the workout and I just ran for as long as I could tolerate the heat. I got through 53 minutes and 7 miles before I had enough. I usually run a pretty steady pace no matter how far I run, but each mile got slower yesterday. I could have opted for the treadmill but I figured I may need to race in that heat, so SIUP. 4000 yard swim done before work this morning too. 12 weeks until my second Ironman and training is in full swing. 15 hours of training this week if you are scoring at home. coolstorybro.

Man, the office is freakin quiet and dead today. This is awesome.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
CPA buddy came over last night for dinner with his kids. While they played with Haley, we hammered through MIL's conversion to retirement finances and put a plan in place. Still some details to work on, but the backbone for the major pieces are in place.

Getting ready to go camping this weekend with Haley.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Man, the office is freakin quiet and dead today. This is awesome.
Yesterday was near record slowness at work. May that continue.

(Of course, people aren't getting cancer any less. They're just putting off getting their restaging scans until the week after the 4th.)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Heat wave gone. Will ride tonight, looks like it will be a solo loop. Will take my 5 yo biking tomorrow with a little buddy. Will ride on Sunday morning. good riddance heatwave, I have a lot of catching up to do!

dragging ass this morning. gonna be a 4-coffee kind of day. ugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i might actually get out for a ride this weekend. Yay!

Found a buyer for the evil. Yay!

Paid to have it professionally packed (too lazy, not enough time, it was cheap) and they finished with it early. Yay!

Good start to the weekend.
i rode tuesday AND wednesday this week. what's going on?!?!

i think i went a little too heavy on the hot sauce with breakfast.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
About to commute to work on the gravel bike, considering a short mountain bike ride after work. High country ride tomorrow, then maybably riding with @Toshi on Sunday. He wants to use an eBike though, so I might shame him by bailing on riding with him in favor of secret shuttle trail riding. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for anyone following my power washer repair, finally got the unloader valve removed last night. @kazlx thanks for the recommendation for acetone. i used that, and tried a different approach with the hammer and boom, out it came. the housing is currently soaking in vinegar to remove mineral deposits (which were substantial enough it make the removal difficult). i figure i'll probably pull the rest of the pump casing and give that a good cleaning while i'm at it, and pull the carburetor for a cleaning as well since it only runs with the choke open.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
today is just a buffer before the weekend.
parents are in town. first time they get to meet my girl.
gonna be fun.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Stopped by the local Honda dealer yesterday to check out a Grom and a Ruckus. Kinda thinking having a scooter or small bike with us on the trip might not be the worst idea.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Crazy lightning show last night. Saw some huuuuge bolts. Luckily as @slyfink mentioned, the soul sucking and ball destroying heat is now gone. Temperature outside is just about perfect right now, with a strong breeze.

Spent last night with some buddies building up a bike out of spare stuff, for our friend who had his Pivot trail bike stolen a few weeks ago. He's been crushing it on his fat bike ever since, dude is an animal. It was also his 62nd birthday yesterday, so he was pretty damn stoked to have a real squish bike to ride again. Now he just has to wait for his new Norco to show up.

Turned out pretty sweet for being made of spare stuff. Just had to buy a new chain and cassette. He has my old XT brakes on there, I did tell him its not my fault if they suddenly stop working on a descent. :rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i don't know why, but The Aristocrats! is the first thing that came to mind
Sounds like you've been to a few of our family functions.
Its quite the freak show, mom making dirty sanchez jokes, Dad calling me a fluffer, me & my brother typically smoking & drinking until it all seems normal.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
109 fredum units today. Probably just stay inside most of the day except for maybe a splash in the pool.