Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, I was the only one that showed up for the "group" ride. Rode anyways. Sadly no braless hiker chicks like last week. Beer stop in the way home yielded Lawson's hopzilla and Sierra narwhal.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well, I was the only one that showed up for the "group" ride. Rode anyways. Sadly no braless hiker chicks like last week. Beer stop in the way home yielded Lawson's hopzilla and Sierra narwhal.
Hopzilla's decent.

Rode this evening solo as well. The leaf surfing season is here, the Minion SS in the rear is now past its grip limits. Ride was uneventful except for that one time I stopped to remove a dead leaf from the bike, tripped over my shade, fell backwards and (hopefully) almost broke my elbow on a rock. Now icing it and cursing my stupidity while sipping Sip of Sunshine.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Emoji or reaction button? We have this guy ---> :(
reaction button

@stoney in case you're not all over what @Pesqueeb was sayin' there, go through Costco Auto Program. You are a well documented Executive Member. Put that to use.
Leaf is $1k less due to Costco.

If nothing else, use the costco price to leverage another dealer you might like better. Also, be sure to check Boulder. Those hippies move a lot of Leaf's (leaves?) so you might get a better deal there.
God damned hippies. I might take this back to my local one to see what they say. Lisa has been very helpful and spent the time driving around with me and answering my questions (I'm in sales, yo!); Costco guy wrote up an estimate in 15min.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Welp, didn't ride Pine Hill Park in Rutland, but that's because we enjoyed Otis Mountain so much, we did extra laps. What a cool little place.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Did you do the range math re Leaf vs Leaf Plus? If only an around town vehicle then 40 kWh may well be enough. We got by with our 24 kWh Leaf and inefficient "41.8" kWh (really 35 kWh by the end) RAV4 EV.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did you do the range math re Leaf vs Leaf Plus? If only an around town vehicle then 40 kWh may well be enough. We got by with our 24 kWh Leaf and inefficient "41.8" kWh (really 35 kWh by the end) RAV4 EV.
I drove 110 miles yesterday. The standard Leaf is pushing my luck often enough.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I drove 110 miles yesterday. The standard Leaf is pushing my luck often enough.
Fair enough. You also compared to a hypothetical off-books Standard Range Model 3, RWD, 220 miles or so? That's $37k including Autopilot, $1,875 Fed until Dec 31, $5k CO, and 70% of the fun that mine is.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fair enough. You also compared to a hypothetical off-books Standard Range Model 3, RWD, 220 miles or so? That's $37k including Autopilot, $1,875 Fed until Dec 31, $5k CO, and 70% of the fun that mine is.
Adtl $2500 xcel, $1000 nissan, and full $7500 federal. Bolt is out there because Chevy is offering $7920 up-front off, before the state and fed. However I can't confirm it qualifies for state $5k off.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
FYI whatever channel "the CW" is where you are currently has a show called Peaking on in Mountain time zones. Episode now is about Kelly McGarry, next up is Carson Storch. Unusual for MTB shows back-to-back on a main prime time channel on Friday evening.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Adtl $2500 xcel, $1000 nissan, and full $7500 federal. Bolt is out there because Chevy is offering $7920 up-front off, before the state and fed. However I can't confirm it qualifies for state $5k off.
Chevy is very close to losing its Federal Tax Credits entirely, FYI. State credits start tapering next year IIRC.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Chevy is very close to losing its Federal Tax Credits entirely, FYI. State credits start tapering next year IIRC.
Same as Tesla - $1875. Not sure if the Bolt qualifies. I can't find anything to confirm, but I'm pretty sure because it's EV.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Bolt will qualify for the CO EV credit. All that's required is BEV or PHEV, 4 wheels, highway capable.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bolt will qualify for the CO EV credit. All that's required is BEV or PHEV, 4 wheels, highway capable.
Buddy introduced the Kia Niro too, but apparently they are impossible to get. Golf-e is the right size, but range is abysmal