Quantcast

###Friderp GMT###

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
a friend from college lost her father that day.
Portfolio manager I used to work with lost his son who was at Cantor-Fitzgerald. Was on the phone with him when the building went down. Incredible man, but apparently he was comparatively hollow from before, according to folks who knew him prior.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
on a meeting with my new boss, first thing he said is "i have some slides"

:stosh:

i should note, i've been at my job almost 8 years, and this is boss #5.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Portfolio manager I used to work with lost his son who was at Cantor-Fitzgerald. Was on the phone with him when the building went down. Incredible man, but apparently he was comparatively hollow from before, according to folks who knew him prior.
my friend was a wreck for years. at one point she was seeing her shrink on a near daily basis.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
on a meeting with my new boss, first thing he said is "i have some slides"

:stosh:

i should note, i've been at my job almost 8 years, and this is boss #5.
I just gained a new boss, probably also #5 or 6 in the last 7 years and he keeps asking questions...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fucking christ... Has anybody been following OR fires? They're talking about evacuating parts of Portland-metro now!?

@jimmydean any updates dude?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fucking christ... Has anybody been following OR fires? They're talking about evacuating parts of Portland-metro now!?

where's TrumpISIS now? there's a lot of property that needs protecting from the fires. they sure seem awfully concerned about property damage.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

It's a shit show. The fair grounds by our place is packed with animals and folks evacuated. My bro in law has had to move 3 times now.

Shits bad when you evacuate the evacuation area, twice.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I see you'd rather fly right now? Good on you.
Was mostly laughing 'cause you have to go to TN. :D

And fuck flying. :panic:

Tomorrow I will go on the yearly trip with my old high school buddies. This time it's Faroe Islands with some full on adventure time, good food and boozing.
Goddam that's some amazing country... but isn't it light for like 3 hours this time of year? :confused: :p

Last edited:

This is the beginning of the new normal.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
some good news, MRI showed no major damage to my shoulder, just time to heal. And pain. Will reevaluate in a month.
I'm 3 weeks post crash this weekend, down to 1-2 shitty ribs and the scapula, also known as the "FU, searing pain, don't move bone" still bothering me.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Welcome to the area for the past 30 days. we can see about a mile, it's raining ash. I had flames within a mile of my house ten days ago. Every state and national forest in California is now closed to entry. We have 3 big fires burning one thats over 700,000 Acres heading towards Oroville

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
where's TrumpISIS now? there's a lot of property that needs protecting from the fires. they sure seem awfully concerned about property damage.
Guess where they all live. (hint, it's not actually in PDX)
Residents of Estacada, Molalla and Colton are under Level 3 “Go Now!” evacuation advisories as of Friday evening; Oregon City, Canby, Sandy and Mount Hood are Level 2,

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Cough cough hack hack

Yep AQI in Livermore is 196. you can taste the smoke. Visibility is less than a mile at the airport

AQIAir Pollution LevelHealth ImplicationsCautionary Statement (for PM2.5)0 - 50GoodAir quality is considered satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no riskNone
51 -100ModerateAir quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants there may be a moderate health concern for a very small number of people who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion.
101-150Unhealthy for Sensitive GroupsMembers of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is not likely to be affected.Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion.
151-200Unhealthy Everyone may begin to experience health effects; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effectsActive children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor exertion; everyone else, especially children, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion
201-300Very UnhealthyHealth warnings of emergency conditions. The entire population is more likely to be affected.Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should avoid all outdoor exertion; everyone else, especially children, should limit outdoor exertion.300+HazardousHealth alert: everyone may experience more serious health effectsEveryone should avoid all outdoor exertion

119196080_3861923877157927_4873279142810701691_o.jpg

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
One good thing about Covid. I have my NIOSH Respirator to deal with the the constant ashfall from the big fires to our north and south. Air Quality is the major suck right now AQI of 156
AQI here is 453 right now. Supposed to be nearly 2000 this weekend.

I am pretty sure that mother nature wants humans out of Oregon.

Last edited: