Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Had to cancel our baby shower tomorrow; losing the venue was the death knell for that whole plan. My MIL offered up her church, but neither of us are church people, so that didn't feel right.

Guess I'll do car maintenance instead. Haven't had a chance to get any of that done.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Howdy do neighborinos

slept through my alarm again. Boo. Slept well though

spousal unit picked a fight then got mad that we were fighting.That’s been fun

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Having a coffee on the porch, enjoying the clearest morning in a while, and hoping the smoke clears even a little bit more throughout the day. Future wife is heading to Crested Butte today after work to do wedding planning stuff with her sister, and she’s taking the dogs. I foresee much high country bicycle riding for me this weekend. And also some wedding preparation tasks, as we’re 23 days from our impending nuptials.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Another hot and humid day on tap here. The heat wasn't quite so bad for my 10 mile run this morning, but the humidity was awful. I finished my run dripping wet. I had the track to myself for nine miles before somebody else showed up, which is unusual...there are usually at least a few other hobby joggers and/or walkers there and I kind of like having company.

Wife took Psycho Dog to work today. lololol what's the worst that could happen.......

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Went to a fundraiser at the local brewery.
I won a nice set of t- handle hex wrenches (!) but oof, 3 beers has me foggy this morning. I too need a nap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

finished reading Children of Dune last night. Shall check out another book today on my reading-heavy vacation

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
'Round here (CO) everybody all gettin' their panties in a bunch 'cause it's $3/gal. Should be $7/gal, IMO. :mad:
Driving back from the Collegiates/Elbert last weekend I needed a few gallons to give me some safety in case of traffic. Didn't stop in LV as I thought the station near I-70 and Copper would be cheaper. I think it was $5.10/gal for 87...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one of the kittens has been getting lethargic and wasn't eating as much. changed his food, which helped and he started to perk up and be more active, but today he was back to being lethargic, and my wife checked his gums and they weren't fully pink like his brothers (not a good sign). she's on the way to the vet with him now. ugh.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
one of the kittens has been getting lethargic and wasn't eating as much. changed his food, which helped and he started to perk up and be more active, but today he was back to being lethargic, and my wife checked his gums and they weren't fully pink like his brothers (not a good sign). she's on the way to the vet with him now. ugh.
:thumbsdown:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Took the kids to one of those trampoline places where everything is made of trampoline yesterday. Had a good bash myself, was lots of fun. A little sore though this morning, but can still do a full twisting front amazingly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
FIP. Shit.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
So I finally caved and ordered new brakes. I’ve been going round and round on this. There is objectively nothing wrong with my Code RS (200 rotors), but they are just ‘meh’. They have no personality, and I hate that they use dot and not mineral. I’ve moved to using full resins to make them feel (IMO) nicer but still…
I rode a couple of bikes with new Shimano XT recently and I really like them. I got out my old hardtail which has old XT 4 pots with resins on too, and I like those better too. On the basis of this I started googling around for the new XT 4 pots. However they are hens teeth atm.

So then I found Magura MT5 eStops on super special. These are basically slightly beefier 5s with metal levers, rather than the CF levers people seem to hate. Trigger pulled. I might make them into XT levered Shiguras which lots of people seem to love. I’ll put Goodridge hose on them and stuff too. Also ordered the super performance pads, which were $$, we shall see.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bought a set of E4 pads at the bike shop. Didn't think to look any closer. Got home, took them out. It was actually one V4 pad and one E4 pad? WTF. Had to go through the gauntlet of speed-traps that were on the highway today twice.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
arrived at snowshoe by 12:30 with the old man crew. checked into house. went to village. bough lift tix. waited out thunder delay until 1:45. got in 6 laps before next thunder shutdown. one wreck that pulled down my kneepad and attacked my knee. drank beers. drank tequila out of giant rubbermaid pitchers. heckled people walking/riding by. out for dinner and more beers. shot the shit with the fucking legend missy giove while walking home. back to the casa for more beers and heckling passers by. sleepytime...
1628914041841.jpeg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What a nice Friday. Did a bunch of job networking, had an unexpected first round interview, helped My Love pack to visit her sister for the weekend, knocked out a nice little ride, ate a burrito, hung out with friends that were playing an online word-guessing game with some other friends, and now I’m home in my p’jams #porchdrinking and all this without getting in a car.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
arrived at snowshoe by 12:30 with the old man crew. checked into house. went to village. bough lift tix. waited out thunder delay until 1:45. got in 6 laps before next thunder shutdown. one wreck that pulled down my kneepad and attacked my knee. drank beers. drank tequila out of giant rubbermaid pitchers. heckled people walking/riding by. out for dinner and more beers. shot the shit with the fucking legend missy giove while walking home. back to the casa for more beers and heckling passers by. sleepytime...
View attachment 163436

I don’t say this lightly… I want to party with you, cowboy.