Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Winter Park was done. Haley got better today. A lot better. Couple pedal strikes that normally would have taken her down were recovered quickly. Quick lesson to always ride with level pedals, which she is doing now without my prompting. Standing, always. And jumping, which is new, a lot of. We went from green to blue, and going fast on blue (Shy Ann and Long Trail). She doesn't want to ride green anymore.
IMG_20210924_180543.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My PCR test came back negative. Took less than 8 hours to result from collection. Not bad turnaround at all!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Rode my bike. Dirt was amazing, speeds were ludicrous, things got a little bit out of hand. That's living right there.
i need more time in the chunk in the hills. i noticed today i was having trouble "seeing" the trail at speed. did not like. maybe partly because it was very bright so the sun/shadow contrast was super strong.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i need more time in the chunk in the hills. i noticed today i was having trouble "seeing" the trail at speed. did not like. maybe partly because it was very bright so the sun/shadow contrast was super strong.
It's was almost two weeks since my last ride was getting a bit grumpy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Put a no entry/one way sign on the trail? Don’t most trails have this anyway?
no. of the dozen or so local trail networks where I live, only two of them have trails that are designated one way, and even then those only represent a fraction of the trail segments in those particular trail network. these trails are also the only ones designated bikes only. everything else is multi-use.

should also note the trails and public lands here where I live are much different due to the population density. all the trails are on public land - state parks or nature reserves - which have specific laws about what can and cannot be done on the land. also, with the exception of certain spots of only one of these trail networks, you're never more than a 5-10 minute walk from a road. many of the local trails are run within 50 feet of residential properties.

edit - I should also add that there is a non-trivial number of riders in my region who are on a mission to ensure that all mtb trails are rideable in both directions by riders of all abilities. so not only is there conflict with other use groups, there's also conflict over trail building within the mtb community itself.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
no. of the dozen or so local trail networks where I live, only two of them have trails that are designated one way, and even then those only represent a fraction of the trail segments in those particular trail network. these trails are also the only ones designated bikes only. everything else is multi-use.

should also note the trails and public lands here where I live are much different due to the population density. all the trails are on public land - state parks or nature reserves - which have specific laws about what can and cannot be done on the land. also, with the exception of certain spots of only one of these trail networks, you're never more than a 5-10 minute walk from a road. many of the local trails are run within 50 feet of residential properties.

edit - I should also add that there is a non-trivial number of riders in my region who are on a mission to ensure that all mtb trails are rideable in both directions by riders of all abilities. so not only is there conflict with other use groups, there's also conflict over trail building within the mtb community itself.
Wow that’s kinda crazy, and sounds actually dangerous. Surely at least one group needs to be established as ‘the authority’ over a given set of trails or it’s just chaos. Sorry to see that once again everyone demanding everything exactly how they want makes things worse for everyone.