Quantcast

##Friderp it is GMT##

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its still dark out here. Twas pissing buckets of rain on the way to work, but once I got to the city there wasn't a drop to be seen. Hopefully this poop clears up, I want to BBQ tonight.

Happy Friday to yawl, except for the one dude that has the awkward shift. :brows:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why do you guys not ride in the rain :(

I've had some of the most amazing/fun rides in the rain and slop. As long as you don't ride past a radio tower, just as it gets struck by lightning. The one time I was glad my shorts were already brown with mud...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Squeezed in a short ride last night.
Wicked storm rolled through last night. I watched the lightning for an hour before falling asleep, there are spots in Denver with a FOOT of hail on the ground this morning, a few tornadoes up north torn shit up good. We're set up for a repeat this evening.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I've had some of the most amazing/fun rides in the rain and slop. As long as you don't ride past a radio tower, just as it gets struck by lightning. The one time I was glad my shorts were already brown with mud...
Many trails here are fine when wet, many other's are unrideable and I'm not big on damaging trail. And we've had a VERY rainy Spring so far. Where the go-to trail by my house tops out you're totally exposed to lightning and hail too.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Because (this spring being abnormal) normally we don't have to. You bastids are used to $hitty weather. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
good year to be in dent removal....
My cars emerged unscathed despite some 1.25-1.5" diameter hail (as per the weather service in my 'hood--I didn't witness it as I was inside trying to sleep). My neighbor's car not 50 feet away on the street has some nice dents in its hood, though. I'm not sure if those were preexisting or if Suzuki uses pot metal. Maybe both?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Here's hail this morning elsewhere in Denver:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Thanks to global warming, no ski season (well, a month), and our current drought, we are enjoying unusually warm and sunny days here in the greater Seattle area... Looks like blue skies and 80's here through the weekend! There will be running, biking, and soccer games at a minimum! This is making it extremely difficult to get the bathroom remod done though! :)

Tomorrow a ski resort less than an hour from me opens for DH trails are kinda lame but mcbp, blue mountain, platty, windahm are all 4 hours from me so life is good
Nice! Ours (Steven's Pass) opened Memorial weekend and we took the 8 year old up the chair for the first time. Only a few trails, but they were amazing!! Have fun!!

:wave:

My motivation level is pretty much in the basement right now.
Basement? Or bong shed?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Some people at work hate me right now because I will not sign-off on a system service pack that has a known problem.

IT: "Just sign-off! You are holding up a million other projects!"
Me: "No. Fix or remove the bug."

Sure, let me sign-off on this, and then when someone bitches about the problem after go-live, IT can throw me under the bus and say "Well, he signed off on it." I KNOW HOW THIS SHIT WORKS.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
got my x-rays.

@Toshi can you identify a herniated disc? or other assorted spine problems?
Literally x-rays/plain radiographs? Or MRI? Can't see much of anything on x-rays, but MRIs can certainly show a herniated disc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't even need to see them. your back is lacking enough shimz and is also crawling with ebolaidsars. the prescription is a healthy dose of htfu and beer.
i took a quick look and there's a set of vertebrae that have notably less space between them than the others

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can't wait to get out of work today...:banana:. Heading down to San Diego.

For JBP:

How did you find that? I have been scoping out craigslist but find nothing but junk.

In other news, just sat through 5 hours of meetings through my lunch. My only means of getting in calories was a few beers. Sometimes you have to sacrifice.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
How did you find that? I have been scoping out craigslist but find nothing but junk.

In other news, just sat through 5 hours of meetings through my lunch. My only means of getting in calories was a few beers. Sometimes you have to sacrifice.
I found it on CL. I had the notifications set so I get an email when ads with keywords get posted. Called the guy about 10 minutes after he posted, struck a deal and set up a time to get it,