Quantcast

##Friderp it is GMT##

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Boss says we can get off at 1:00 today to go shopping! We are playing in a golf tournament on Monday, and THIS girl has never even swung a club, or however you golfing-types say that, and don't think I can get away with running/biking clothes for a posh Real Estate event! This outta be good... I'll try to get a pic of us for you, you'll like the boss, she looks like Barbie ;)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm here in the hospital (Aurora), working. A tornado warning affecting us just went out overhead. Everyone is advised to stay in the building for now. Lovely.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
could you label what views are what....did they even try to get a shot with your back straight...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today, my oldest had a PD day... so I took the day off, and we went for our first mountain bike ride...

it was so. freakin. awesome. He was pumped, I was pumped, it went well, I can't wait to do it again.

He was pretty eager, and as soon as we headed down the trail, he gave it all he had, sprinting down the trail. It took all of 30 seconds for him to hit a patch of roots and promptly get ejected from his bike! I thought it was all over, but after a few tears and some consoling he got back on. He walked the more technical sections at first, but eventually we got to some smoother singletrack, and from then on, it was game on. He got his groove back and it was clear sailing. I may have to get a lower gear for him for mountain biking caus' he was having trouble pedalling up small inclines, but still, he was pretty stoked.

To say I was proud would be an understatement. It was also cool to be out in the woods with him, just the two of us.

Have a good weekend everyone

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i understand angrym'smith's grumblings about people dumbing down trails..but what pisses me off even more is when i go out to do trailwork and end up spending half my time rebuilding jumps that a-holes have torn down or made easier (and that have ride-arounds already) because they can't roll them. wtf is wrong with people?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i understand angrym'smith's grumblings about people dumbing down trails..but what pisses me off even more is when i go out to do trailwork and end up spending half my time rebuilding jumps that a-holes have torn down or made easier (and that have ride-arounds already) because they can't roll them. wtf is wrong with people?
Different generation of rider, I guess. When I was learning to ride it never occurred to us to alter the trail to suit our lack of skill. We just kept trying, and progressing. Now riders are more interested in exercising their sense of entitlement than improving their skill.