Quantcast

>>>Friderp <<<

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you look at the quiver, I think most are small:
Strider, 12, 16, 20, 24, xs 26" frame. Then my roadie, Enduro, 26" beater HT, and 4x. DJ and Tri are on their way out. Wifey has her 26" mtb.
i'm just giving you shit. 3 kids bikes here, stride (that i need to sell), 16" kids bike, 24" Giant STP (son's current bike), my wife has a bike, and all my bikes. DH, Enduro, trail/xc, cx, bmx, trials. i have a slalom frame (i just need a 1-1/8" external headset to built it), my old yeti ARC hardtail frame, and a second partial DH frame.

the crazy part is, by the time my son is old enough for an FS bike, he'll likely be large enough to ride one of my bikes. He's 6 and already on 24" wheels. at this point i'm keeping all my old 26" bikes for him.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Super happy to get hold of a replacement wheelset today only to discover that the front hub is boost. I clearly told the fucker I bought it from it should not be boost. I was wondering why the rear was not as wide as the front which of course is because its some old OEM stock Canyon got hold off. Would have been nice with a 30mm rim up front. At least I got through a ride without a broken spoke.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i'm just giving you shit. 3 kids bikes here, stride (that i need to sell), 16" kids bike, 24" Giant STP (son's current bike), my wife has a bike, and all my bikes. DH, Enduro, trail/xc, cx, bmx, trials. i have a slalom frame (i just need a 1-1/8" external headset to built it), my old yeti ARC hardtail frame, and a second partial DH frame.

the crazy part is, by the time my son is old enough for an FS bike, he'll likely be large enough to ride one of my bikes. He's 6 and already on 24" wheels. at this point i'm keeping all my old 26" bikes for him.
I could get Haley onto a 26" if I really wanted to, but I'm trying to hold off. I want to keep her on a small bike as long as possible - lighter and easier to ride/control smaller bikes (see 4x vs. Enduro).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We got a baker’s dozen from a dude that comes around to my wife’s office, they are goddamn amazing.
Yeah, I usually go local but we saw them and thought "why not". The ones I got at Grocery Outlet were actually pretty good. Put enough crap on em and it works.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Was gonna ride today but shit weather is shit; we had rain not in the forecast overnight so it’s really really wet again, and it is southerly so extra chilly. Feels like this has been an exceptionally wet start of winter this year and it has been humid despite the cold and not that windy on top of everything so stuff is staying wet. :rant:Plants are happy I suppose.

May ride anyway cos I haven’t been for a couple of weeks now and I neeeed it, but let’s see. There’s a couple of workshop projects I am doing so maybe they get some time instead.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Told my director that I'm moving to the mountains today, and it went really well. We are fully remote right now, but the company as a whole is expected to return to "in person office" at some point, probably. It's a global brand with offices all over the world, but the office here in the Denver area is known as being pretty rogue. So the people who run the show in our office (my director being one of them) have no interest in ever returning to the office. And Salida is only a few hours down the road, so if I need to be in the office for a workshop or important meeting, it's not a big deal. Big sigh of relief here, even though I mostly knew that's how the convo would go down. Now... just need to get them to bring me on as an FTE.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Super happy to get hold of a replacement wheelset today only to discover that the front hub is boost. I clearly told the fucker I bought it from it should not be boost. I was wondering why the rear was not as wide as the front which of course is because its some old OEM stock Canyon got hold off. Would have been nice with a 30mm rim up front. At least I got through a ride without a broken spoke.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Interesting read:

Epic.

Basically: the fucking egg came first. Anxiety/depression leads to greater amounts of envious and voyeuristic social media usage. The more eggs you’ve got rattling around in your head, the more likely you are to sit there and gawk at the latest, greatest narcissistic fuckwit posting their beach selfies on your feed.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just went to the hardware store to get some plumbing bits I need and they had the bench grinder with sanding bar I’ve had my eye on for ages on super-spesh. Ch-Ching!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The aerospace museum in Mcminnville is TITTIES. Need to go back when my kids are big or without them. Easily could spend all day looking at airplanes, helicopters, nd space craft.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The aerospace museum in Mcminnville is TITTIES. Need to go back when my kids are big or without them. Easily could spend all day looking at airplanes, helicopters, nd space craft.

God forbid you ever end up in Dayton Ohio, but if you do, the Air Force Museum is an amazing place.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
God forbid you ever end up in Dayton Ohio, but if you do, the Air Force Museum is an amazing place.
Thanks for the heads up. I felt like I was in a US government treasure chest today. So much priceless and crazy stuff. They had that SR-71 and an A-10 plus all the space stuff.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you haven't already been, the Museum of Flight in Seattle is small but still interesting. Not worth making a trip to see, but certainly worth it if you have head into the city. Haven't been to the warbirds museum in Everett yet.

This was cool though:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If you haven't already been, the Museum of Flight in Seattle is small but still interesting. Not worth making a trip to see, but certainly worth it if you have head into the city. Haven't been to the warbirds museum in Everett yet.

This was cool though:

It's been a long time since I was at the Museum of Flight. Is there a museum in Mukilteo at Boeing? Is that the warbirds museum?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That place is great! When living in Corvallis I was often making a day trip to visit it and then end the day with shopping at Woodburn.
If you make it to London, the RAF Museum there is amazing as well. The museums in Munich and Sinsheim in Germany have cool airplane collections as well.

Interesting read:

I couldn't get through it yesterday, but read the whole thing this morning. I understand the premise, but the writing manages to be muddy and self-promotional enough that it would require another reading to see with what I might or might not agree.