Quantcast

@@@ Friderp@@@

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yeah... and it's not just Boomers. Us Gen-X'ers had that fried egg shit *burned* into our brains in the 80's.

I still blame Nancy Reagan. :mad:
When I was on furlough, it was a shockingly nerve wracking experience to walk into a dispensary, show my government issue ID, pay money, and receive a receipt, for weed. Like cold sweats and butterfly's in the stomach, panic inducing. Couldn't help but feel like the place was going to get raided any second. Everybody wearing masks didn't help in the slightest. :rofl:

Such an odd time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
lol my wife made us stop at one on the way home from maine. kids were on screens in the back and didn't even notice where we were when "mom ran in to use the bathroom" :rofl:

kinda working, kinda helping the 11yo paint his room, kinda having a lunchbeer.

have a great day @Adventurous! hope it dries out soon so you can ride!

Last edited:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Busy day ahead, HMFBD @Adventurous , Keep cool out there everyone, heat wave continues here too....

Hope parts show up for drag car today, and scored a free lift for the Impreza Wagoon and some bigger tires, free-fitty.

Maine is legal for recreational. unfortunately could not make a trip to the dispensary due to presence of kids and extended family.
Strange stigma still eh? Fine to stop at the beer store, but the weed store is uncomfortable with kids/fam around...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I was on furlough, it was a shockingly nerve wracking experience to walk into a dispensary, show my government issue ID, pay money, and receive a receipt, for weed. Like cold sweats and butterfly's in the stomach, panic inducing. Couldn't help but feel like the place was going to get raided any second. Everybody wearing masks didn't help in the slightest. :rofl:

Such an odd time.
it's almost like cheating.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Is this "Loki" worth watching if you have no interest in the "greater" Thor/Loki Marvel nonsense?
you probably won't understand as much of what's going on.
Yeah, I don't think it'd be worthwhile. Too many flashback scenes and characters that wouldn't make sense to you.

Although it's not as good of a show overall I think Falcon and the Winter Soldier would stand alone better.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Going to look at a couple of ramshackle bungalows that need piles of maintenance, yet are still listed for half a million dollars, later this afternoon.

Buy a house, they said...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today, during business hours, they decide that its a good time to cut the power in the office area. They informed everyone yesterday afternoon.

So we roll around to today and before the scheduled cutoff time, I shut all of the IT equipment off.

They cut the power and the lights don't go out. okay...

Get a phone call after saying "yeah so we don't know where the power is coming from, but you can your thing now and turn everything back on".

:rofl: :banghead: What a mess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today, during business hours, they decide that its a good time to cut the power in the office area. They informed everyone yesterday afternoon.

So we roll around to today and before the scheduled cutoff time, I shut all of the IT equipment off.

They cut the power and the lights don't go out. okay...

Get a phone call after saying "yeah so we don't know where the power is coming from, but you can your thing now and turn everything back on".

:rofl: :banghead: What a mess.
fucking electrons

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
as a "late" breeder, I've had the advantage of witnessing a variety of my college friends approaches to drugs/alcohol education and their kids...

I find it curious that more than a handful of them have "exorcised" their deviant (college) ways from their narrative history, in hopes that their children avoid black out drinking / experimentation.

On the contrary my kids know what kind of beer I like, and I am sure oldest probably has a good idea what's going on re: that skunky smell, tho' vaping minimizes that to some degree.

I tend to think that a harms reduction approach makes the most sense, as not all drugs are created equally -- caffeine has more severe (physical) withdrawal affects than the devil's cabbage.... Huffing paint isn't a long term drug of choice

On the other end of the continuum, I have a psychiatrist hippy friend who takes Ketamine with his patients and whose eldest (a junior at CSU, I believe) kept his "fancy" RooR bong behind the TV in their family room (and once found / took the parent stash of XTC when he thought it was a different drug*) so YMMV

*Teach your children to identify pills on the internet BEFORE taking them.

ETA: Threads like this make me feel like an outlier, where are my fellow deviants (@TN)

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>

I tend to think that a harms reduction approach makes the most sense,
Yup. We chose to demystify booze with our kids... which seems to have worked, 'cause they are definitely more responsible as college-aged dudes than I am currently. :D

And the youngest, we like to (sorta) joke, is the *most* responsible person in our family.

My wife doesn't want weed around while there are kids in the house (also an 80's fried-egg child), so I keep that on the way-down-low. :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
as a "late" breeder, I've had the advantage of witnessing a variety of my college friends approaches to drugs/alcohol education and their kids...

I find it curious that more than a handful of them have "exorcised" their deviant (college) ways from their narrative history, in hopes that their children avoid black out drinking / experimentation.

On the contrary my kids know what kind of beer I like, and I am sure oldest probably has a good idea what's going on re: that skunky smell, tho' vaping minimizes that to some degree.

I tend to think that a harms reduction approach makes the most sense, as not all drugs are created equally -- caffeine has more severe (physical) withdrawal affects than the devil's cabbage.... Huffing paint isn't a long term drug of choice

On the other end of the continuum, I have a psychiatrist hippy friend who takes Ketamine with his patients and whose eldest (a junior at CSU, I believe) kept his "fancy" RooR bong behind the TV in their family room (and once found / took the parent stash of XTC when he thought it was a different drug*) so YMMV

*Teach your children to identify pills on the internet BEFORE taking them.

ETA: Threads like this make me feel like an outlier, where are my fellow deviants (@TN)
overall i agree with the approach of awareness and education. my kids just aren't old enough to comprehend it yet. but they do know that daddy likes beer and mommy likes wine.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
no sump pump?
Two sump pumps actually, one of which is disconnected. The working sump is doing its best, but cycling every 20 seconds at the moment. The disconnected sump feeds into a cistern in the backyard, which also has a pump, which is also disconnected, cause it has a habit of tripping and the whole thing backs up into the basement.

It'd a haphazard, poorly designed system that fails frequently and will require a good amount of work to fix. My FIL for some reason has time to fuck with it endlessly, but never time to work on a permanent fix.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Isn't it kinda odd that we think nothing of popping into the liquor store to get a 6-pack and a couple bottles of wine, but....
As a European I also think this is odd. Well, the Swedes do it too, but they are also a little crazy. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
As a European I also think this is odd. Well, the Swedes do it too, but they are also a little crazy. :D
Yeah - this is a state thing 'round these parts. We in Colorado are within the Sphere of Mormon (though far enough away that is weakened) so we have stupid beer/wine/liquor rules. Not as dumb as some *other* states, but... still pretty dumb.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Washington got rid of liquor stores. Then grocery stores found out people liked stealing liquor so now it is all locked up and a bigger pain in the ass than having to go to a liquor store.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had my annual "US currency is failing, CPI is a political fraud, we should move everything to hard assets' BIL. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of PE firms using leverage to buy houses to rent, as they are being treated effectively as buying bonds using leverage, but at incredibly low rates. Instead it's all buying hard assets' to protect against the eventual market and currency collapse. :banghead: :banghead: Fucking hell...