Quantcast

$$$ FRIDERP $$$

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hanging with visiting colleagues; tour + luncheon; schlepping kids around; two more tours. tomorrow is just an afternoon discussion. le phew!

weathermonkeydorcom says cloudy and 80s today, rainy and 80s tomorrow. maybe ride on sunday?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Happy Friday to me, get a machine ready to send back Monday morning, pop the bonnet to check the levels and see ice, fuck!
Remove hoses, try to work out where the blockage is, pop a hose off and use a radiator pressure to bang 10Psi in to the system with a hose off, no flow. Rip shit apart, play with acetone, meths, compressed air and I get covered in acetone and glitter from some headgasket in a bottle shit.
Gonna jam the pressure washer up it tomorrow to see if I can clear the blockage.
IMG_20220909_214329.jpg

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday, friends! I swam 3000 yards non-stop this morning...took me 62 minutes (I am slow). Got a half marathon tomorrow and as of right now I don't know how hard I want to run it. I guess I'll see how my legs feel in the morning and decide then.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. Hannah crawled into bed with us last night. Haley has orchestra today, so up early. Should be down to 70's today and tomorrow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

One corner done on the truck last night. Caliper bracket bolts call for 275 ft*lbs, but got a healthy dose of ugga duggas instead. Some day I'll add 3/4" drive stuff to my kit for such occasions.

No idea what happened with this rotor, but the dark sections looked like material had spalled off. Rotor (areas of missing material not withstanding) was well within thickness specs. :confused:

20220908_174044_copy_1008x477.jpg

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
:wave:

One corner done on the truck last night. Caliper bracket bolts call for 275 ft*lbs, but got a healthy dose of ugga duggas instead. Some day I'll add 3/4" drive stuff to my kit for such occasions.

No idea what happened with this rotor, but the dark sections looked like material had spalled off. Rotor (areas of missing material not withstanding) was well within thickness specs. :confused:

View attachment 181719
We have some of the cheap 3/4" sets at work and aside from the ratchets they are really good, they pop up used all the time.
I stupidly bought a 19-65mm deep impact set, it's stupidly heavy, would have to be 80+Lb but it was the only decent one I could find with stamped sizes on the sockets.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We have some of the cheap 3/4" sets at work and aside from the ratchets they are really good, they pop up used all the time.
I stupidly bought a 19-65mm deep impact set, it's stupidly heavy, would have to be 80+Lb but it was the only decent one I could find with stamped sizes on the sockets.
Have my eye on this: https://www.tekton.com/3-4-inch-drive-6-point-socket-and-ratchet-set-case-skt35204

$290 doesn't seem that bad for a 27-piece set. Just need to add a breaker bar and it'll have more coverage than I will ever need.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Have my eye on this: https://www.tekton.com/3-4-inch-drive-6-point-socket-and-ratchet-set-case-skt35204

$290 doesn't seem that bad for a 27-piece set. Just need to add a breaker bar and it'll have more coverage than I will ever need.
That looks pretty nice, would this have the sizes you need? I have a couple of Genius sets, they aren't perfect but they are good value and I'm pretty sure they stamp sizes on all of their sockets-

EDIT- WIlliams sets pop up pretty cheap over here, I think apprentices get set boxes supplied and have no use for the sets so they sell for ~$300AU unused.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
already been to the dentist this am. no cavities & everything else looks good.

rescheduled soccer practice for my daughter tonight for the one that got rained out wednesday. double header tomorrow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gearing up for moar testing. Starting to get used to going mountain biking with the new setup. But it’s obvious that I must be diligent in the pursuit of said empirical evidence. For science, of course.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tired AF,

hitting the sack after dinner and doing more tourists chit in the morning.

Belgium and Luxembourg on the plate for tomorrow, got the rental BMW up to 130kmph yesterday on the A6 and still got passed like I was standing still
where you heading in belgium? my sister lived there for a while. i went over for about 2 weeks with the wife (before we were married) and really enjoyed it.