$$$ FRIDERP $$$

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had Thuper Awethum all to myself. Was a good ride. Cardio needs to catch up tho the Hanz und Franz legs though.

Also glad I upgraded to a normal horn as it helped ward off another 250 pound evil spirit intent on smashing into my new car. Not today fucker, not today.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Did epic battle with United Heath Care (actually was quite civil, but took an hour and a half on the phone), sounds like they will pay out the $20,000 after all. I had an ‘advocate’ type person, she found a recording of my November phone call where they told me I was pre-approved for surgery. What an almost year long pain in the ass!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
chapel hill on a friday night....drop fire....

spiritualized shortly....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Random out-of-town guy followed us down one of the more technical trails on our ride this afternoon. He crashed twice, assumably trying to keep our pace and managed to win hisself a couple of prolific facial flesh wounds for his efforts. We pointed him down the “easier” way, at this point I’m assuming he’s gonna live.

Now beer and green curry, need to sort out gear and snacks for epic stupidity with Mr. and Mrs. @6thElement tomorrow, and then get a reasonable amount of sleep.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the good news is xmas shopping is pretty much wrapped up. the bad news is that everything has been stuffed in my work/bike shop, which looks like a nightmare ready for the krampus. the new yeti and the intense for @iRider are here too, as is the aftermath of 1.5 vacations that have yet to be unpacked from. and i'm supposed to be ready to leave for DH at 8am.

1662772799309.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That was tough. Talked to my father. His strength has been quickly drained over the past few weeks and his mind seems to have gone. He was asking me where I lived, worked, what I did in my free time. He at least seemed to take great joy in the "news", particularly that I have a dog. Don't know if it is one of his meds or if a tumor spread to his brain.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That was tough. Talked to my father. His strength has been quickly drained over the past few weeks and his mind seems to have gone. He was asking me where I lived, worked, what I did in my free time. He at least seemed to take great joy in the "news", particularly that I have a dog. Don't know if it is one of his meds or if a tumor spread to his brain.
could be fucking with you

I would

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
could be fucking with you

I would
Getting soaked in agent orange 55 years ago to acquire a particularly nasty form of prostate cancer and resulting decline to fuck with kids you didn't even have yet would be one hell of a long con. I would totally respect that. Sadly my father never had much a sense of humor let along the long term vision. Although I bet I could get him with "got your nose" pretty good right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Smoke sick

the struggle is real

fun part is the symptoms feel like flu/covid
i saw a post from someone at a firelookout on ig about that shit...

hope it stays the fuck away from your spot...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Getting soaked in agent orange 55 years ago to acquire a particularly nasty form of prostate cancer and resulting decline to fuck with kids you didn't even have yet would be one hell of a long con. I would totally respect that. Sadly my father never had much a sense of humor let along the long term vision. Although I bet I could get him with "got your nose" pretty good right now.
I wasn't going with the deliberate carcinogen bath, more like a newly recognized opportunity given current surroundings.

But that's rough as hell and I'm sorry you gotta go through this. For realz

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I know it's been a long time coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. Sorry dude. :thumbsdown:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wasn't going with the deliberate carcinogen bath, more like a newly recognized opportunity given current surroundings.

But that's rough as hell and I'm sorry you gotta go through this. For realz
Thankfully he seems to be reasonably happy in his confused state. When my mother got like this it was screaming, crying and panicking.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Happy Friday to me, get a machine ready to send back Monday morning, pop the bonnet to check the levels and see ice, fuck!
Remove hoses, try to work out where the blockage is, pop a hose off and use a radiator pressure to bang 10Psi in to the system with a hose off, no flow. Rip shit apart, play with acetone, meths, compressed air and I get covered in acetone and glitter from some headgasket in a bottle shit.
Gonna jam the pressure washer up it tomorrow to see if I can clear the blockage.
View attachment 181717
Not enough talk about being sprayed with Glitter here.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was able to add some gussets to the joints on my friends toyhauler frame. When the frame was made the welds burned through the tubing and then rotted away. My welds and repairs from last year held up well. The Milwaukee Grinder died finally. Grainger had the shrink wrap wire things which helped after I had to repair the wires in the tube that got melty. I used a speaker magnet and a washer to rethread the wire through the tube.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I take it you’ve been expecting this, but that sucks, man.