Quantcast

$$$ FRIDERP $$$

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not enough talk about being sprayed with Glitter here.
I think it was this stuff, they must have put at least a bottle in to the cooling system, it was crazy.
1662779864548.png

Hahaha, Welsh Plugs, thought the engine sounded funny.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
that's a hell of a long run from Foresthill to you
Refresh thyself on the runs both the king fire and the paradise/camp fire made in one day.

It's currently about 24 miles from alpine meadows. Both of the above made runs of 10 miles in a day. Westerly winds pick up next week.

The powers that be royally fucked up the caldor fire evacuation last year. The amount of road construction going on right now on 2 of the 4 evacuation routes shows they've learned nothing. South shore evacuation screwed the pooch so bad last year it made national news. They were so hesitant to evacuate holy lake tahoe that they waited until the last possible second and made sitting ducks of poor schmucks who didn't know what to look at. Not to mention we have a tropical storm making landfall in socal right now that will have residual winds into next week.

We also have no desolation wilderness like granite on this end but instead deep timber filled canyons that concentrate and intensify southwesterly winds.

Like I said, check back in 3-4 days. This has all the makins'

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I take it you’ve been expecting this, but that sucks, man.
Yeah, he has had an unusually aggressive form of prostate cancer for a few years. After a series of back to back to back infections, half of them contracted from being in the hospital, he said fuck it and went into Hospice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Refresh thyself on the runs both the king fire and the paradise/camp fire made in one day.

It's currently about 24 miles from alpine meadows. Both of the above made runs of 10 miles in a day. Westerly winds pick up next week.

The powers that be royally fucked up the caldor fire evacuation last year. The amount of road construction going on right now on 2 of the 4 evacuation routes shows they've learned nothing. South shore evacuation screwed the pooch so bad last year it made national news. They were so hesitant to evacuate holy lake tahoe that they waited until the last possible second and made sitting ducks of poor schmucks who didn't know what to look at. Not to mention we have a tropical storm making landfall in socal right now that will have residual winds into next week.

We also have no desolation wilderness like granite on this end but instead deep timber filled canyons that concentrate and intensify southwesterly winds.

You just need yourself a fire submarine.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I have full nomex gear and a fire shelter I can lend you. Provided you can wear XL

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@kidwoo - point east and keep going. windrock wants to see you. @Westy sorry man. did your mom have dimentia/alzheimers or something else? mine (with those) is not adjusting well to assisted living and pops is about to stick her in memory care, i think...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@kidwoo - point east and keep going. windrock wants to see you. @Westy sorry man. did your mom have dimentia/alzheimers or something else? mine (with those) is not adjusting well to assisted living and pops is about to stick her in memory care, i think...
Lung cancer spread into a brain tumor. Thankfully it was prett quick but in a 2 month period all her new memories got progressively erased until she only remembered being a child. For her last week she thought I was her father and any attempts to tell her that her father was dead was like breaking the news for the first time so I just played along, even conjured up my old british accent.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I think I saw one of the worlds biggest dumbasses today

Pulled into a dialysis center, offloaded my client then their fire alarm went off, I smelled smoke. Oh shit evacuation time. Then the emergency in the bathroom light went on (pull cord). Staff brought out the key and we opened it. It was full of smoke. the occupant was trying to stuff a box of flaming toilet seat liners into the toilet. We stuck it in the sink and rain the water. The occupant was hacking from smoke inhalation. Apparently she pinched off a stinky one and not having a match used her lighter to light a liner on fire, it burst into flames she tossed it and it set the box of liners on fire. Now she goes outside hacking and coughing saying I had no idea they would burn like that and she fires up a cig.

The fire alarm not only summons the fire dept but it shuts off the HVAC to the building to stop the spread of smoke and fire. Its 105F and the AC is now shut off. Hayward Fire had to reset the alarm and use fans to clear the smoke and a tech had to be called for the AC. Meanwhile all the patients that are hooked up had to just sit there and suffer

and of course the one who caused it all starts bitching that her treatment should have started and is demading to be taken inside and hooked up....Flipping Karen

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Interesting. Obviously flows better at WOT with no throttle plate.

I have a Youtube channel largely based on ITBs. I should try to monetize and ITB all the things.

Sweet, I still have a pair of Weber sidedrafts in the garage set up in the old school way for Minis, only uses one port of each to get a straight inlet path so you can have even fuelling with a short manifold.

EDIT- I'd love something like this-

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sweet, I still have a pair of Weber sidedrafts in the garage set up in the old school way for Minis, only uses one port of each to get a straight inlet path so you can have even fuelling with a short manifold.

Yeah the intake manifold on that setup was super short too. Webers were so fucking finicky with any temperature or atmospheric changes that the next project I went FI with some Jenvey throttle bodies.

Video doesn't do it justice compared to WOT at 7000 RPM.