Quantcast

@@@Friderpus Maximus GMT@@@

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

- doggo has her new knee and will come home today

- SIL sent us $135 worth of ice cream yesterday. Now I have a cooler full of dry ice.

- Parents are driving up to VT today to fetch a car on my behalf. 08 Honda Fit 5-speed with 122K on the clock.

That is all.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
@Adventurous I hope it's the Sport. The base doesn't have cruise control in the 2007-2008 generation, which is just intolerable.

I am at work. I am not particular enthused about this today.

@Adventurous I hope it's the Sport. The base doesn't have cruise control in the 2007-2008 generation, which is just intolerable.

I have been using cruise control less, experimenting with human vs. automotive control. I have mostly been using it when I catch myself getting up into get a ticket range, also like adaptive control in denser traffic.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don’t recall the last time I used cruise control. Hope I can still opt out of all the automated functions by time I get next truck in 3-5 years. FTS.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So 3 weeks into my last 6 weeks on this project and I have been given half of one test case and two vague steps of a second, kind of.

The goal of this project was to automate some of the mundane tasks to free up tester boy since he is way overworked. But apparently nobody has ever looked into what he actually does. He has 98 half baked test docs that folks didn't realize were half baked until I called it out. I can't automate half baked. He was supposed to provide me a list of the 98 that are done and prioritized.

I have the setup half of one and two vague steps of a second. It's been 3 weeks.

Happy Valentine's Day monkeys.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don’t recall the last time I used cruise control. Hope I can still opt out of all the automated functions by time I get next truck in 3-5 years. FTS.
:stupid:

It scares me in the truck and I forget about it in the car. I will say my driving has changed a little since my ABS and traction control went out a few months back. Not that the systems were needed much before.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

It is indeed a Sport. I wasn't considering the Base as it looks a bit too gelded without the body skirts and rear spoiler. This may be a sub-compact economy car, but I'll be damned if I'm not getting 35 mpg in style.

Also, I rarely use cruise control, but I guess it's good that I could. If the traffic around here ever cleared up to allow it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
In the Land Cruiser I rarely use its conventional cruise control, as it likes to downshift from 5th to 4th to 3rd in quick succession when the grade gets steep, and that's annoying.

In the minivan and Tesla, both of which have adaptive cruise control (plus the Tesla's self-steering bit) I use it all the time. ALL THE TIME.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, it seems I've been ghosted by the company I sat with last week. The director of IT seemed impressed and said I would hear either way from him or recruiter lady by what I thought he said was last Friday. I sent recruiter lady a WTF email on Wednesday and so far I got nothing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Going up to Grand Lake this weekend with friends. Hannah is staying in Denver with MIL, so it will be nice for Wifey to experience what it would have been like had she not decided we needed more kids (hehehe...). Looking forward to some snowmobiling, drinking, and just relaxing the fuck out.

Only way I don't speed... Smart cc (forward distance and speed) is fucking awesome on long trips. Saves your leg a LOT of pain. But then again, I'm a fucking giant and most cars leave my leg at a fucked up angle to hit the gas...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Going up to Grand Lake this weekend with friends.
I suspect your carb free diet removes all joy of dining out, but I worked at Caroline's back in the day ('96-97') and it was good (for French food...)

If you go to soak in Hot Sulphur I ate here in December and was a pleasant surprise given the locale:

WP/Fraser have grown so much that I don't recognize / venture out there when visiting my peeps in HSS