Quantcast

@@@Friderpus Maximus GMT@@@

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Also, it seems I've been ghosted by the company I sat with last week. The director of IT seemed impressed and said I would hear either way from him or recruiter lady by what I thought he said was last Friday. I sent recruiter lady a WTF email on Wednesday and so far I got nothing.
I’m still waiting on that woman to come back with some cash from her husband who was just down the hall. It’s only been a few weeks. I’m sure she’ll be along shortly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I’m still waiting on that woman to come back with some cash from her husband who was just down the hall. It’s only been a few weeks. I’m sure she’ll be along shortly.
I get plenty of these, I know it doesn't take much work...

. Thank you for your application for the position of QA Lead (Quality Assurance) at ACME Inc. We received a large number of qualified applications and wanted to inform you that you were not selected.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know who's getting shoulder surgery? This guy.

Torn labrum. Plan is to disconnect and remount bicep slightly lower then repair labrum. 8-10 weeks full time down unless the tear is larger then Dr. can see in the MRI and it will be a 4 month recovery. I think I'm going to keep skiing through until Q2 to take advantage of the winter snow then have surgery so I can catch summer/fall biking.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Torn labrum. Plan is to disconnect and remount bicep slightly lower then repair labrum. 8-10 weeks full time down unless the tear is larger then Dr. can see in the MRI and it will be a 4 month recovery. I think I'm going to keep skiing through until Q2 to take advantage of the winter snow then have surgery so I can catch summer/fall biking.
Boooooo!

Oog, good luck!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just had the most productive meeting evar here. Key is to meet with the folks who have been here less than a year because they aren't jaded. We put an action plan together and they actually have some say in shit.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I just had the most productive meeting evar here. Key is to meet with the folks who have been here less than a year because they aren't jaded. We put an action plan together and they actually have some say in shit.
hah! i've been at current job 13+ years. imagine how jaded i am/how unproductive meetings with me would be!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Any chance you could do physical therapy first ? I avoid orthopedic surgeons and their scalpels. Most people who I know who have had shoulder surgery all say it takes closer to a year to fully recover. I've fixed a few shoulder injuries by going to PT and religiously doing the stretches.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Moving up in life boys! Got a 3% raise and wall mounted a 47" TV in my office today.

Now if only this damn GPO would apply, all would be set...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
12 years working with the same customer project, they're effed without me, but still don't trust me and treat us like crap.

Standby ftw, just dodged a 3 hour layover and walked straight from one flight to the next.

Edit: 757-300 and I'm sat so far back I can't see the front. Cooties fo' sure...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
hah! i've been at current job 13+ years. imagine how jaded i am/how unproductive meetings with me would be!
The dude I have been trying to pry info out of since I got here just celebrated 20 years here. When we were still drilling with mechanical drills, not the 5 micron laser setups we have now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Productive day here. Last meeting in old job, a few teary goodbyes, good exit interview, dump run, cold bike ride in 21F.
I think Imma fly the Fishbed next. :nerd:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Productive day here. Last meeting in old job, a few teary goodbyes, good exit interview, dump run, cold bike ride in 21F.
I think Imma fly the Fishbed next. :nerd:
Your stock options vested or whatever you were waiting for? No need for upper decker?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Greetings from the Mendocino coast. We had lunch at North Coast Brewery. Ruth had a Brother Thelonious on tap. We split a sausage sandwich and fish and chips with garlic waffle fries. Then we walked a couple of hours on the headlands bluffs to burn it off