Quantcast

%%% Friderpus %%%

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Workers finally back in the basement and will pour concrete on in my workshop and the rest of the hallway. So half of the basement floor is done now. It's taken forever to get to this point but a lot of the difficult hurdles are behind us and I hope we can progress more quickly now. It has been a frustrating long project and I am really looking forward to getting my basement back and a much nicer place than before.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i got chilli...

i got sloppy joes.....

i got to bake some rolls.....

i gotta lay some cable....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Finally got the garage emptied out yesterday and can park the Audi in it. Tree is going up today, because I got all that crap down yesterday while putting stuff up into the rafters.

Not working today. Taking stuff over to MIL's house, to get it out of our's. Then going karting with Haley.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Head feels foggy as if I was up all night drinking. BLARGHHHHHH

Work.

Undecided if I should go to the store tonight to look for new work shirts and a pair of pants. Or go for a hike.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Hi
Ate plenty, Maddy(little one) raided my childhood bedroom and we came home with boxes of my old toys. She’s a dolls fan, as of last night it’s semi trucks and tractors.

No (office)work today, going hiking with the fam.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had to do a sprint finish of the cabinet install. Wifey decided her placement of the tree was going to be next to the cabinets, so I needed to put back in a baseboard and the toe kicks around the cabinets. I still need to tap in the nails and fill, but they are done. Now it's just installing the top.

@Jozz @boostindoubles I realized a few days ago that the top of the two cabinets are smooth (closed boxes) so I don't have the ability to use cabinet corner braces. Should I just router in slightly slotted holes in the corners (like corner braces) to allow for expansion and contraction?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
slept a bit. listened to nephews bicker with their dad about sneaking screens. one in particular has a huge screens problem/addiction. makes me think our kids aren't so bad. went to acquarium. now sitting on deck with jamesons coffee and leftovers. one more beach day...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So much traffic on the track go-karting. But, she's holding same times as last weekend, with traffic. Lesson learned - don't go after or before a holiday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Tree and decorations going up today. I can't wait to see the child be mesmerized by all the lights.

Planning out house stuff. This is gonna be spendy making our house a home.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
@Jozz @boostindoubles I realized a few days ago that the top of the two cabinets are smooth (closed boxes) so I don't have the ability to use cabinet corner braces. Should I just router in slightly slotted holes in the corners (like corner braces) to allow for expansion and contraction?
You have some pics? Not sure I understand what you mean.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lounging at the mountain house for a few more hours. Then Georgetown Santa Train and back to Denver, as I work in the hospital Sat and Sun.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Taking a brand-newly immigrated Canuckistani family on a tour of Pōneke this morning. Mild grumbling cos I wanted to ride, but the dad is an emptybeer too, and seems like a cool guy, so potential new riding bro at least I guess. Wife and I went out for dinner last night to our local schmanzy place, ran into some friends we haven’t seen for ages due to covid, really great food as usual, especially the deserts, holy shit, just amazing. I drank one of everything though and have a mild headache though… worth it.