Quantcast

Fridge monkeys?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Anyone know anything about refrigerators? Mine keeps freezing everything in the fridge side, and it isn't really keeping things froze on the freezer side.

I have the fridge side set to as warm as it will go, still freezes everything.
The freezer side is set to about 1/2 power, and its keeping the ice from thawing.

Any suggestions? Its an older model fridge. Do the termostat units just go out after a time?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
At this point we've switched over:
- Washer/Dryer
- AC unit
- Dish Washer
- Water heater
- Water softener

This house is cursed.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The coil that pulls heat from your firdge should be in your freezer, with only air circulation from the freezer section cooling the fridge. Is there a damper that regulates air flow between your freezer and fridge? If so, you might try closing it a bit to slow down the air circulation.

your fridge may not have this feature or anything like it though. good luck!

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fridge Monkeys?? Who knew?? Do we have Stove and Washing Machine Monkeys? Luggage Monkey would make a cool band name....

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Ridemonkey, a gathering of the smartest dumb ****s you'll ever want to meet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Except for Westy, He only thinks he knows things...
I only know the things I think about, except for the stuff I figure out on the way.

Dirt, Maybe there is nothing wrong with the fridge, you may just need to have some patience. A 435lb hooker corpse doesn't freeze overnight.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I only know the things I think about, except for the stuff I figure out on the way.

Dirt, Maybe there is nothing wrong with the fridge, you may just need to have some patience. A 435lb hooker corpse doesn't freeze overnight.
Its a midget hooker. She's only 220#.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You're lawyers living in a fancy schmancy planned community. Buy a new Sub Zero and get it over with. Your vodka will thank you.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I Like Monkeys

The pet store was selling them for five cents a piece.
I thought this was odd since they were normally a couple thousand.
I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth so I bought 200 of them.
I like monkeys.
I took my 200 monkeys home. I have a big car. I let one of drive. His name was Sigmund. He was retarded. In fact, none of them were really bright. They kept punching themselves in the genitals. I laughed. They punched me in the genitals. I stopped laughing.
I herded them into my room. They didn't adapt very well to their new environment. They would screech and hurl themselves off the couch at high speeds and slam into the wall. Although humorous at first, the spectacle lost its novelty halfway into it's third hour.
Two hours later I found out why all the monkeys were so inexpensive; they all died. No apparent reason. They all just sort of dropped dead. Kinda like when you buy a goldfish and it dies five hours later.
Damn cheap monkeys.
I didn't know what to do. There were 200 dead monkeys lying all over my room; on the bed, in the dresser, hanging from my bookcase. It looked like I had 200 throw rugs.
I tried to flush one down the toilet. It didn't work. It got stuck. Then I had one dead, wet monkey and one hundred ninety-nine dead, dry monkeys.
I tried to pretend that they were just stuffed animals. That worked for awhile, that is until they began to decompose. It started to smell real bad. I had to pee but there was a dead monkey in my toilet and I didn't want to call a plumber. I was embarrassed.
I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them. Unfortuntely there was only enough room for two at a time, so I had to change them every 30 seconds. I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't go bad.
I tried to burn them, but little did I know that my bed was flammable. I had to extinguish the fire. Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and one hundred ninety-seven dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed,
The odor wasn't improving.
I became agitated at my inability to dispose of the dead monkeys and I really had to use the bathroom. So I went and severely beat one of the monkeys. I felt better.
I tried throwing them away but the garbage man said the city was not allowed to dispose of charred primates. I told him I had a wet one. He couldn't take it either. I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones.
I finally arrived at a solution. I gave them out as Christmas gifts. My friends didn't quite know what to say. They pretended to like them, but I could tell they were lying. Ingrates. So I punched them in the genitals.
I like monkeys.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sounds like the refridgerator ran out of coldiness. I suggest you flip it upside down and try it again. Give it a few years running upside down, eventually it will come back. In the meantime, enjoy your extra large freezer and slightly smaller, more efficient fridge.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
sounds like the refridgerator ran out of coldiness. I suggest you flip it upside down and try it again. Give it a few years running upside down, eventually it will come back. In the meantime, enjoy your extra large freezer and slightly smaller, more efficient fridge.
Unlike Westy this man knows stuff that is applicable. You sir are immensely qualified to dispense fridge wisdom and life advice here on the monkey. Thanks for enriching our lives and learning us about Coldiness.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Everyone should know about coldiness quantitation. Much like sand in an hourglass, it eventually runs down, making the fridge part colder than the freezer part. Simply inverting the fridge will allow MOAR coldiness back into the freezer. I know because of physics.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
The coil that pulls heat from your firdge should be in your freezer, with only air circulation from the freezer section cooling the fridge. Is there a damper that regulates air flow between your freezer and fridge? If so, you might try closing it a bit to slow down the air circulation.

your fridge may not have this feature or anything like it though. good luck!
Im guessing the vent hes referring to is frozen or stuck in the open position.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Everyone should know about coldiness quantitation. Much like sand in an hourglass, it eventually runs down, making the fridge part colder than the freezer part. Simply inverting the fridge will allow MOAR coldiness back into the freezer. I know because of physics.
I have always thought it wasn't fair that Democritus was considered a Philosopher instead of a Scientist. Westy is like Leucippus he just took credit for everyone else knowing things. Someday you watch Westy will pull your Coldiness theory out of his ass in some further fridge thread and look like the hero. By the way knowing physics never helped anyone. Just look at that model in Texas, you gotta believe she had a basic understanding of physics that one accumulates as an adult human. Yet she still walked into a phugging propellor. In fact I will go out on a limb here and say that thinking never helped anyone either. It just makes me sleepy...

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Nah we have worked out that it a coldiness imbalance. Your advice is to simple and could never be right. Thanks though....
i cant believe i forgot about the possibility of the coldiness imbalance, its been a while since my thermodynamics courses.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Bitch, if I had a Sub Z I would be too rich to know ANY of you.

The thermostat has moved onto the great keggerator in the sky. Getting a new one tomorrow.