Quantcast

##( fRIDUMP gmt)##

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Bi-monthly reminder of why I continue to do this.

I don't know how its possible, but every time my in-laws cook fish, the smell emanating from their kitchen and permeating the entire household is so incredibly pungent and offensive that its almost unbelievable. It's like they buy old salmon, leave it on the counter for days, dredge it through a porta-potty, then bake it. I fail to understand how they make it so wretched.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I don't know how its possible, but every time my in-laws cook fish, the smell emanating from their kitchen and permeating the entire household is so incredibly pungent and offensive that its almost unbelievable. It's like they buy old salmon, leave it on the counter for days, dredge it through a porta-potty, then bake it. I fail to understand how they make it so wretched.
For the same reason, my home has a second kitchen in the basement for Friday fish cooking.

:wave: :panic:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm here, and I had a wonderful day yesterday

I took the big one to the ophthalmologist yesterday for the first time in like a year. She had an issue where one of her eyes was significantly weaker than the other. Like 20/80 maximum correctable vision with glasses. Over the past like two years, we've had her wear an eye patch on the good eye to strengthen the weak one. Turns out it finally paid off and she's at like 20/20 // 20/25, which the Dr said is exactly where she should be. So, no more patching. She even said that at some point she may not even need glasses, which would be awesome. Either way, a good start to the day.

THEN I went and scooped up some yakima frontloaders, so I don't have to mess with taking the wheels off my bikes. Managed to score them for $190 total, which is more than half off. They are in great shape but way heavier than my cheapie inno racks...

THEN I went to the dentist and he bought a new wheelset by filling some toofs and pulling another one out. I'm on a soft diet for a couple of days and I'm not supposed to be exercizing...so it looks like video games and movies for 48h.

All in all not a terrible day and not a bad start to 2021.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm here, and I had a wonderful day yesterday

I took the big one to the ophthalmologist yesterday for the first time in like a year. She had an issue where one of her eyes was significantly weaker than the other. Like 20/80 maximum correctable vision with glasses. Over the past like two years, we've had her wear an eye patch on the good eye to strengthen the weak one. Turns out it finally paid off and she's at like 20/20 // 20/25, which the Dr said is exactly where she should be. So, no more patching. She even said that at some point she may not even need glasses, which would be awesome. Either way, a good start to the day.

THEN I went and scooped up some yakima frontloaders, so I don't have to mess with taking the wheels off my bikes. Managed to score them for $190 total, which is more than half off. They are in great shape but way heavier than my cheapie inno racks...

THEN I went to the dentist and he bought a new wheelset by filling some toofs and pulling another one out. I'm on a soft diet for a couple of days and I'm not supposed to be exercizing...so it looks like video games and movies for 48h.

All in all not a terrible day and not a bad start to 2021.
now i'm picturing you with an eye patch :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Eight (8) more shifts until Teh Financée is done with this job and on to the next. We *think* she'll get a couple weeks in between, and we're considering heading south for a fair amount of time. Thinking van trip to Sedona. I'd work remote at least half or more of the time, but we'd get some good bike riding in. SO much for the three (3) ski passes I bought this year...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

This brings back bad memories of my elementary school cafeteria. The ammonia smell of rotten fish sticks being cooked and served on Friday's was so bad that it would make you want to hurl before you even went inside. Needless to say I brown bagged it and ate outside

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Speaking of fish , I've had little more than eggs, veggies and fish this week. very little meat aside from some lunchmeat one day and some bacon. I feel like I'm low on energy but otherwise quite good. Eat moar veggies.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This brings back bad memories of my elementary school cafeteria. The ammonia smell of rotten fish sticks being cooked and served on Friday's was so bad that it would make you want to hurl before you even went inside. Needless to say I brown bagged it and ate outside
Had you not said that you brown bagged it and ate outside, I would not have known. So I would say, that it wasn't needless to say. Quite needful for you to say, I say. So thank you for saying.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning.
Speaking of fish , I've had little more than eggs, veggies and fish this week. very little meat aside from some lunchmeat one day and some bacon. I feel like I'm low on energy but otherwise quite good. Eat moar veggies.
Unpopular opinion: most bacon is overrated.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unpopular opinion: most bacon is overrated.
I have been finding recently that if I get a pound of bacon, I don't finish it because my actual consumption rate is so low.
any vacuum packed packed bacon is going to absolutely suck
agree on all fronts.

all though its a little easier now, both my kids like bacon so on the rare occasion i buy/cook it, it won't sit around quite so long.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

TGIF day for sure, started a little late, up all night drafting some custom car part designs, brain would not go to sleep....

So, here's hoping today is a little on the calm side.

Canadian bacon.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Pretty dang cold this morning. Went on the land to check on my excavator operator. Everything is going smoothly so far. Had to bring down 4 more trees to make place to access septic field location. House will definitely be built on the Canadian shield. No more than 30 inches of soil at the deepest. Monday will be septic field installation.

Would any local primates be interested in a house building thread?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Most bacon has too much nitrate in it for my liking. We have some friends who do homekill though and that is great.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Pretty dang cold this morning. Went on the land to check on my excavator operator. Everything is going smoothly so far. Had to bring down 4 more trees to make place to access septic field location. House will definitely be built on the Canadian shield. No more than 30 inches of soil at the deepest. Monday will be septic field installation.

Yes.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Harping on about chain wax again. Went for a very muddy ride couple of days ago. Simply rinsed chain off, result is amazing, no fucking around. Seriously can’t believe I fucked around with oil based lubes for so long. Been using this for nearly a year now (time flies) and longevity of chain is also significantly better. Five stars.

98A08DA9-6E2D-4AA4-B11A-891177F9B762.jpeg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

heck yeah!

cold and rainy here. but not quite cold enough for snow, which is making the kids le sad.

kind of shopping for bike parts needed to complete hardtail build (brakes, crank, chain, bars, grips-i think that's all). kind of working. kind of working through negotiating for a new car. need to run into the office later on. will make a beer run along the way. coffee has done its work. that is all.

@Changleen what are you using on the chain again?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
heck yeah!

cold and rainy here. but not quite cold enough for snow, which is making the kids le sad.

kind of shopping for bike parts needed to complete hardtail build (brakes, crank, chain, bars, grips-i think that's all). kind of working. kind of working through negotiating for a new car. need to run into the office later on. will make a beer run along the way. coffee has done its work. that is all.

@Changleen what are you using on the chain again?
White Lightning? :P

Oui!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Oui x Deux!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Si!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. One client meeting and one internal meeting today. We're having software issues, so the client meeting should be fun. Mostly just putting together outreach materials and reporting for plans that like that stuff.

Ski tomorrow, so need to get that jazz all laid out for tomorrow. Bolt is gone too. Otherwise, just watching the fallout from Wednesday on the news.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
whatcha need?
I have cranks & brakes, just haven't got around to listing them.
looking for cheap parts all around. it'll be a hardtail beater bike that i'll use for the pumptrack and maybe some local goofing around and then also get used by the 15yo on family rides. cranks i'd prefer shimano. brakes, don't care.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Wood selection for my new bass continues. The builder mentioned a few concerns with my previous selection. I’m now thinking walnut and padauk based on this combo I saw.
0B99A1A5-B583-4AD2-9F4D-844179F1B53F.jpeg