Quantcast

##( fRIDUMP gmt)##

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
12 days....til the 20th....2021....year of the pandemic....

14 days after we let 50 000 or so knuckle draggers have a superspreader event in dc....joe will get his shot at his first on the 20th....

good times....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I used a spray wax on the motorcycle chain(s) for years. 10/10, don't know why I've never thought to use it on a bicycle. The motorcycle stuff tended to be awful thick though, no problems with it gumming up the idler wheels and such?
I use Molten Speed Wax. No, no issues with gumming up, in fact I get worried that it has come off too much but when you handle (and ride) the chain it is clear it is OK. I rewax every 300-400km depending on ride conditions, but last time I did it it was clear I’d done it too early.
As I said before it is time-consuming to set up in the first place, but for me the results are worth it, and I actually love the ‘faffing with bike parts’.

There is an Australian website where a chap has gone to town testing lubes and chains; the site is unfortunately poorly constructed and relies too much on PDFs, defo works better on desktop too, but there is some very interesting stuff on there if you have a little patience:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Dutch wife (plural Dutch wives) A long body-length bolster (pillow) that can be held or wrapped around one's body while sleeping.
I haven’t checked, but my first guess would be this is a ‘Dutch are tight-fisted’ English meme name, the implication being the pillow is cheaper than a wife.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
There are a few examples of that idea hence my expectation. Of course this idea was fallacious; in the 1800s England was broke as fuck and the Dutch were highly successful international traders. But they couldn’t possibly be ‘better’ than the English (recognise that idea?) so they must be tight-fisted instead.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are a few examples of that idea hence my expectation. Of course this idea was fallacious; in the 1800s England was broke as fuck and the Dutch were highly successful colonialists. But they couldn’t possibly be ‘better’ than the English (recognise that idea?) so they must be tight-fisted instead.
FTFY

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yes, both though. They basically invented a bunch of the concepts that run modern commercial finance.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Bi-monthly reminder of why I continue to do this.

I don't know how its possible, but every time my in-laws cook fish, the smell emanating from their kitchen and permeating the entire household is so incredibly pungent and offensive that its almost unbelievable. It's like they buy old salmon, leave it on the counter for days, dredge it through a porta-potty, then bake it. I fail to understand how they make it so wretched.
Tell your MIL to close her legs.

Today started as shit, and now work.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We may actually be able to see the sun today for the first time in what feels like a month... actually ten days, but I'm fucking tired of gray skies.
SAME. Sun was out fill blast today, i don't even remember the last time that happened.

But alas, no clouds means it was freaking cold today.

Enjoying some beer now.

Just tried paying a speeding ticket online, but it says that I cannot do so for this one and to contact the justice department by phone. Dammit.

20210108_194118.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did someone say “Bento Box?”
Great, now I want yukisaki
Speaking of which... we had sushi for the first time since last spring, two nights ago. Ordered from a place here in town, first we've tried since moving. It was soo good and they sent three extra miso soups and random salads.

Would have tipped more, if I knew what was in the bag...

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Put some duct tape over the dart then go again with a tube or have you used a ratchet strap around the circumference of the tyre which helps push the beads out toward the rim bed?
For the first time ever I used soapy water and a strap. Worked like a charm. Truly impressed. Will definitely do that again.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
SAME. Sun was out fill blast today, i don't even remember the last time that happened.

But alas, no clouds means it was freaking cold today.

Enjoying some beer now.

Just tried paying a speeding ticket online, but it says that I cannot do so for this one and to contact the justice department by phone. Dammit.

View attachment 154724
Great. Now I’m thirsty for octopus beer.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nice!

That is a local brewery to me. Good stuff. Plus whats better than looking or asking around for some Juicy Ass?

I wanted that, but it was all sold out. :(

Actually kind of surprised you can get that, they are a big micro brewery, but aren't huge.

Sucks that we can't get some of you're stuff. :(
Well, thanks! Sipping one right now. :D My other beer tonight is from a brewery a mile from my home.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I got a 4pk of Four Seam for my BIL for Xmas and he left 1 of them at my in-laws house, which I happily drank when we were back a week or so later. Win. Also one of my fav beers, easily top 3.

Keep us posted re: ride. We'll be there... hoping the time and temps make for a quiet ride.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
We have a Craft Beer Cellar in Westford that has it in the cooler 9 times out of 10, and I was psyched about that. Awesome selection overall, too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Lord Hobo stuff found out in ColoRADo pretty easily?
Nah... had it fall 2019 at a small dive-ass metal bar called The Scürvy Dög in Providence. No windows, dimmed red lighting, they play weird old-school fantasy cartoons on the TVs. Awesome spot. Our bartender's name was Jolly, I think I still owe him a shotski.

Nah, that shit is gross. Glorious is tolerable.
Is it? I don't recall bad or good honestly. So, must not have been terrible to me at the time. I remember liking the name. I also remember that same dive bar was the first place I had Lawson's Sip o' Sunshine... and I like that stuff quite well. And you can get that out here in Colorado.