Quantcast

&&& Fridump the 13th gmt &&&

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Took the day off as the weather looks poop for riding tomorrow, big 65mile 8500ft'ish adventure ride planned.

Which got stymied 18 miles in by a closed bike path :(

Ended up doing an out and back with 33 miles and 3700ft verticals.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
telemarketer call asking if I want to cancel all of my credit card debt
what the hell, I have got 5 minutes to fuck with them.

them "how much credit card debt do you have in total, all accounts, sir?"
me "all together? wow, about $90,000"
them "$90,000? does that include your mortgage? I just want to know credit card debt"
me "that's correct, I have a ton of debt and don't want to pay"
them "how did you get so much credit card debt?"
me "mostly gambling, that and some drugs"
them ...
them "well that is not your fault, it's the banks and lenders who are at fault"

it went downhill for them after this ....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

them "$90,000? does that include your mortgage? I just want to know credit card debt"
them ...

That's hilarious.

Also - who answers their phone any more? :confused:

:D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My Chain Reaction order arrived today. 100% Brisker gloves in neon orange and MT4 brakes for the fatty. Brisker gloves seemed to have arrived with perfect timing. I was worried they might be a bit too small, but the size large fit like a .... glove.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My Chain Reaction order arrived today. 100% Brisker gloves in neon orange and MT4 brakes for the fatty. Brisker gloves seemed to have arrived with perfect timing. I was worried they might be a bit too small, but the size large fit like a .... glove.
Did you have to pay Skynet to get the order?

I've been hesitant to use CRC for the last few months after reading this stuff: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189252&pagenum=5

The Brisker gloves are great. My only complaint is that the thumbs aren't covered in the same material as the back of the hands/fingers, so they're the first thing to get cold. Doubly so if you accidently wipe any moisture from your face or nose.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

them ...

Only suckers pay. Bigly stable geniuses wriggle out from underneath the crushing debt load and pass it onto someone else.

This is what the past 4 years have taught me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did you have to pay Skynet to get the order?

I've been hesitant to use CRC for the last few months after reading this stuff: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189252&pagenum=5

The Brisker gloves are great. My only complaint is that the thumbs aren't covered in the same material as the back of the hands/fingers, so they're the first thing to get cold. Doubly so if you accidently wipe any moisture from your face or nose.
Hmmm. Interesting. I have a buddy (who interestingly is a postie) who had some sort of issue too. Took forever, and there was an additional fee of some sort. I selected the untracked free shipping. Canada Post delivered it. Nothing extra to pay. It's a full on lottery. It's really stupid that it's come to this. I think I'll only order from them for things that I'm not in a hurry to get (like tires for next year or something).

I'd started using the German retailers too, but it looks like they don't deliver to Canada at the moment. I emailed them to ask why and they said it was because of Covid restrictions. grrr.

Also, I just ordered a Tannus insert from another Calgary based shop: Ridley's Cycle. To get the free shipping, I added a pair of grips to the order. Turns out, the grips are a special order from the distributor (Trek). So I guess I have to wait until they get the grips, and then they'll ship the package. All these subtleties are a pain in the ass....

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ahhh... things are looking up on this fine Friday. The appliance joint found an "unboxed" range that I've been looking for, and it's getting delivered next Wednesday. I'll have a new oven for the holidays to cook delicious pies!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ahhh... things are looking up on this fine Friday. The appliance joint found an "unboxed" range that I've been looking for, and it's getting delivered next Wednesday. I'll have a new oven for the holidays to cook delicious pies!

Better be a Viking or Wolf or I'm requesting those monocles and all subsequent monocles be recanted.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Tim has the best Hot Pockets in the state
I hesitate to ask how he had more than one
new pow skis? what did you get?
REI finally got done with the K2 Mindbender 108Ti set that I ordered in February!

but REI turned out to be randomly closed. COVID quarantine?

In other news I “rode” El Rancho Blanco. It was ok. Snow/ice on Maverick first descent and Whippletree. No mud. Dirt or ice.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I stopped working and started bike riding earlier this afternoon. 100% worth it, highly recommend, 10/10, will definitely bang again. If you have the means, you won't be disappointed. It's so choice.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Solidly a M. But thanks for the heads up, I've been looking for a decent set of mid-weight gloves.
I like the Briskers a lot but they don't handle temps under ~35F that well.These are betterrer in upper 20s - low 30s.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I like the Briskers a lot but they don't handle temps under ~35F that well.These are betterrer in upper 20s - low 30s.
Yea, they're a cool weather glove, not a cold weather glove.