Quantcast

(*)(*) Fridumpus GMT(*)(*)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am not skiing today because my section apparently needed me to work. Shall do so 2-10 PM.

Tomorrow skiing w/wife and two elder kids. @stoney you are welcome to join us. We will be sticking to groomers because that’s what the wife likes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Adventurous

a ridge on ebay....

Would you look at that.

I'm old enough to have ridden the trail that was named after. Its a housing development now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fucking hate it when this happens. Going through my med gear and I can't find one of the required pieces of equipment that I know was in the jump bag last time I used it ( blood glucose test monitor) Went through the bag twice, looked all over the med gear storage area, the camper nope. Ok one last dump if the med bags. Found it behind a black mesh flap with a black nylon backing. of course the meter is in a black nylon case that is the same denier as the bag. Marked the sucker with yellow nylon tape before putting it back in the gear bag. Only took 3 fucking hours of searching to find it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fucking hate it when this happens. Going through my med gear and I can't find one of the required pieces of equipment that I know was in the jump bag last time I used it ( blood glucose test monitor) Went through the bag twice, looked all over the med gear storage area, the camper nope. Ok one last dump if the med bags. Found it behind a black mesh flap with a black nylon backing. of course the meter is in a black nylon case that is the same denier as the bag. Marked the sucker with yellow nylon tape before putting it back in the gear bag. Only took 3 fucking hours of searching to find it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:nopity::)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, this is a little bit of a drag. Last night my wife went over to our neighbors (really good friends) to take care of their three year old while the mom went to the hospital to have their second child. The baby died in childbirth. They were almost on the lifeflight when they called it.
Not really looking for any sympathy, my wife is a little gutted.
That is all.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Dropped my Yeti off the other day for some lovin'. Just needed a punch list of shit done and haven't had time. Had a buddy that's a mechanic go through it. Trying to make a Santa Cruz trip happen next weekend with some buddies, but with rain forecast, not sure if it will happen. May end up going Vegas or Utah direction or pushing it back. Been running parts, rebuilding a 20" Apex disc sander and my new favorite lathe

IMG_8759.PNG

IMG_8772.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg

IMG_8819.jpg

F404A3DD-344C-493C-8275-78CEC0990554.JPG

IMG_8613.jpg

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Fuck.....that type of thing is the worst news to hear from just about anyone. Feel terrible for the family.

One of my best friends since high school was expecting twin girls with his wife, due in May I believe. They let me know about a month ago they lost both of them. That news fucked with my head for quite a bit. Can't even imagine the grief they feel.

Makes me realize how fucking lucky and fortunate we are....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea man. You don't realize until you actually start having kids how many people have issues. Even late in the pregnancy. That would be some hard shit to deal with.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well, this is a little bit of a drag. Last night my wife went over to our neighbors (really good friends) to take care of their three year old while the mom went to the hospital to have their second child. The baby died in childbirth. They were almost on the lifeflight when they called it.
That is all.
fucking horrible....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
It really is more common than you'd like to think...my cousin and his wife lost their baby during birth a couple weeks before our first son was born. Scared the fuck out of me.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
said fuckit and went for a ride. continue to he impressed with all the stuff the kids are building up on the mountain. steep, sketchy, off camber, rock drops scattered around. got the worst pin scratch in a long time trying to stop when a dude in front of me wrecked. down to the bone for part of it and prolly a good 6-8 inches long. lol. good times.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Dropped my Yeti off the other day for some lovin'. Just needed a punch list of shit done and haven't had time. Had a buddy that's a mechanic go through it. Trying to make a Santa Cruz trip happen next weekend with some buddies, but with rain forecast, not sure if it will happen. May end up going Vegas or Utah direction or pushing it back. Been running parts, rebuilding a 20" Apex disc sander and my new favorite lathe

.View attachment 155569

View attachment 155568

View attachment 155567

View attachment 155565

View attachment 155566

View attachment 155570
So far we havent gotten shit for rain up here. just enough for excellent traction at Demo and UCSC

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
That is all.
Aw man that is fucking rough, just have to let all the sorrow out. holding it in will rip you up even more.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That is all.
That is absolutely heartbreaking.

Leave them be, but leave a ready to cook casserole on their doorstep and ding dong dash.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Absolutely, I believe in the power of food.
But that will be another thread.
Now I just have to make them an authentic Midwest chicken and cheese casserole, she is from Wisconsin, dontchya know.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I googled "fantasy island mountain bike" after I posted and understood after, hence deleting the question.

The way you responded, I thought you were local and there was a trail in/near Lynn woods named that, similar to Bow Ridge of the Ridge frame Tim referred to.