Quantcast

$$*Fridumpus maximus GMT*$$

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I will create the market if you provide kickbacks
Gotta be a growing market amongst ebikers who are looking for some more shit to bolt on their bike, and preppers who are convinced NK is going to hit us with an EMP and wipe out our infrastructure.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Legs are not sore from yesterday. As far as thru hiking the AT, probably the best level of fitness I can hope for would be to be able to hike on steep rugged terrain for a minimum of eight hours a day for four days and not be completely wrecked afterwards. A thru hike is basically a series of shorter hikes strung together. You hike for a few days then hit a town to resupply and stay in a hostel or hotel for the night so you can shower and do laundry.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Watching Aladdin with the kid.

Gotta donate a bunch of golf balls to the woods with @Adventurous tomorrow at 6am. Putting clubs in the trunk was the first time I touched them this year. Should be a fucking HILARIOUS time.

New-to-me backyard trails got me all jazzed to ride bikes again, most ambition to ride I've had in years. Even washed/maintenanced'ed'ed both my dinocycles this past week. Riding the jump line by myself the other day must have looked like uncle Rico throwing a football over them mountains over there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Legs are not sore from yesterday. As far as thru hiking the AT, probably the best level of fitness I can hope for would be to be able to hike on steep rugged terrain for a minimum of eight hours a day for four days and not be completely wrecked afterwards. A thru hike is basically a series of shorter hikes strung together. You hike for a few days then hit a town to resupply and stay in a hostel or hotel for the night so you can shower and do laundry.
Sounds like a very civilized thru-hike experience... mine was quite different.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Assembled this little guy, not sure what to put in it, but at least it’s out of the garage
8E7A8EFD-21B7-437B-9A7D-DE75CE50B0E0.jpeg

61BF86FB-26BC-41FD-B53F-70B45CD483B1.jpeg

Also got stabbed in the tire by a stick about the size of a pencil,it sealed eventually but not before using up my Co2 and getting a slow leak up front after running over about 600 goat heads, decided to turn around and ride 8 miles home instead of risking 12 miles of mostly techy loose crap on one or more flats. Ordered a plug kit, and need a mini pump that fitsin my man-purse for when the Co2 runs out. Anybody have a suggestion?

33BAB544-ACE3-4321-AED7-89166D908415.jpeg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Assembled this little guy, not sure what to put in it, but at least it’s out of the garage View attachment 146881
View attachment 146882

Also got stabbed in the tire by a stick about the size of a pencil,it sealed eventually but not before using up my Co2 and getting a slow leak up front after running over about 600 goat heads, decided to turn around and ride 8 miles home instead of risking 12 miles of mostly techy loose crap on one or more flats. Ordered a plug kit, and need a mini pump that fitsin my man-purse for when the Co2 runs out. Anybody have a suggestion?

View attachment 146883
nice work.
i've been eyeing the oneup pumps for my next one.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Each trail is different. The AT is a lot easier for resupply than trails out west. With all the businesses that cater to thru hikers there isn't really a need to carry a weeks worth of food. In some northern states there are sandwich shops right off the trail.

While an AT thru hike is one of the most difficult challenges one could ever set out to finish, eating is not a problem.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Expound upon this please.

Assembled this little guy, not sure what to put in it, but at least it’s out of the garage View attachment 146881
View attachment 146882

View attachment 146883
Get a pump with a mount that bolts onto your water bottle mounts. Won't have to worry as much about size then. I have a Lezyne.

Each trail is different. The AT is a lot easier for resupply than trails out west. With all the businesses that cater to thru hikers there isn't really a need to carry a weeks worth of food. In some northern states there are sandwich shops right off the trail.

While an AT thru hike is one of the most difficult challenges one could ever set out to finish, eating is not a problem.
That the case along the entire length? What's the longest span without a resupply? Figured Maine would be the most sparse, especially in the 100 mile wilderness stretch.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Expound upon this please.

Get a pump with a mount that bolts onto your water bottle mounts. Won't have to worry as much about size then. I have a Lezyne.

That the case along the entire length? What's the longest span without a resupply? Figured Maine would be the most sparse, especially in the 100 mile wilderness stretch.
Yup, 100 mile is the longest, but you can arrange a food drop mid way through a few companies.