Quantcast

Fried $^$ Hay

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Sigh, anyone else have that one person at their company who has a widespread reputation as an insufferable asshole who's miserable to work with? My boss keeps giving me all the projects that deal with this jack wagon cause I'm the best at telling him to STFU. Gotta admit, it's getting old having to appease his flying off the handle due to poor reading comprehension and a chronic need to be an obstacle instead of a willing partner in the process.

Damn you difficult Larry. :banghead:

EDIT: yes, same guy I complained about before. Back at his old tricks again.

Last edited:

Sigh, anyone else have that one person at their company who has a widespread reputation as an insufferable asshole who's miserable to work with? My boss keeps giving me all the projects that deal with this jack wagon cause I'm the best at telling him to STFU. Gotta admit, it's getting old having to appease his flying off the handle due to poor reading comprehension and a chronic need to be an obstacle instead of a willing partner in the process.

Damn you difficult Larry. :banghead:
Half of work was getting around/away from these assholes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yesterday in Bromont it was 90 degrees in the morning.

Today up here north of Quebec city its only 50 freedom units.

Relieving, but certainly chilly feeling.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Only 75 degrees for my early run this morning, but the 73 dew point can go straight to hell. I finished the run dripping wet from sweat, and it is hard to run well in that shit. Fortunately the week of humidity will finally break tonight and the weekend should be quite nice.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Second FTP this morning, which was GARBAGE and I HATE IT. Zwift left ERG mode on and I died. Have to try again to get accurate results, but I don't want to.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Second FTP this morning, which was GARBAGE and I HATE IT. Zwift left ERG mode on and I died. Have to try again to get accurate results, but I don't want to.
i don't know what any of that means and that's just fine with me.

just gonna try to breeze on through the day...maybe work on painting the upstairs hallway a bit when i get home. ready for it to be fall.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
FTP is "functional threshold power" or basically an estimate of how hard you can work for 1 hour. It's a standard measure of cycling fitness. I'm looking to improve mine, mostly out of boredom.

I'm using a program that has a built in FTP test, but it uses a feature that holds steady state power regardless of cadence or effort, so you know you're in the correct power zone. During the FTP test itself, it's better to have the trainer move freely so you can set your own power level.

Basically my training doodad was lowering resistance when I was trying to add power, causing me to work more to do less.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yesterday in Bromont it was 90 degrees in the morning.

Today up here north of Quebec city its only 50 freedom units.

Relieving, but certainly chilly feeling.
Nice change of pace I’d say. Rode both mornings… feeling refreshing! What are these degrees you speak of? It was 30 yesterday and 20 today!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Wife-bot appears to be on the upswing, but still under the weather. Maybe will get test results by the time she's well again. :rolleyes:

I should probably go ride, but I seem to have aggravated something in my lower back.

Half of work was getting around/away from these assholes.
This is why I like working by myself so much. Now nobody has to work with an asshole!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
FTP is "functional threshold power" or basically an estimate of how hard you can work for 1 hour. It's a standard measure of cycling fitness. I'm looking to improve mine, mostly out of boredom.

I'm using a program that has a built in FTP test, but it uses a feature that holds steady state power regardless of cadence or effort, so you know you're in the correct power zone. During the FTP test itself, it's better to have the trainer move freely so you can set your own power level.

Basically my training doodad was lowering resistance when I was trying to add power, causing me to work more to do less.
I don’t know how people keep the motivation to do this kind of training. Nice to have the option to just go outside and ride. Any ride outside IMO is better than one inside… unless we are talking a skate park :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What if the person that is difficult to work with is your indirect boss and the founder of the company... :think:

Happy Friday. I shall spend mine in stress and rush, working against hard external deadlines.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Co-worker went into labor last night. Was already 39 weeks so totally fine from kid perspective, just causing us to rearrange today's schedule a wee bit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don’t know how people keep the motivation to do this kind of training. Nice to have the option to just go outside and ride. Any ride outside IMO is better than one inside… unless we are talking a skate park :)
I don't have a ton of free time. My kids aren't really into biking and my wife gives me grief when I do anything aside from an hour long road ride....BUT I can get up in the morning and work out, whether on the trainer or lifting weights, without anybody bothering me (for the most part). So there's a pretty extreme appeal in being able to ride at all.

SO, I'm getting fitness (losing fat), getting stronker for when I do eventually ride outside, and I get the endorphin rush from doing something aside from sitting in front of a computer. I feel fantastic these days... Boosting my FTP is really just a hobby/thing to do. Same reason people build things in minecraft...I'm just building up my SICK QUADS bro

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't have a ton of free time. My kids aren't really into biking and my wife gives me grief when I do anything aside from an hour long road ride....BUT I can get up in the morning and work out, whether on the trainer or lifting weights, without anybody bothering me (for the most part). So there's a pretty extreme appeal in being able to ride at all.

SO, I'm getting fitness (losing fat), getting stronker for when I do eventually ride outside, and I get the endorphin rush from doing something aside from sitting in front of a computer. I feel fantastic these days... Boosting my FTP is really just a hobby/thing to do. Same reason people build things in minecraft...I'm just building up my SICK QUADS bro
Dang, that's rough... but yeah, I gotcha. Being stronger when you do get to ride outside is more enjoyable. I've been riding a lot more during covid, and the difference hitting hills on the regular makes is kind of amazing. It's reminding me of when I first started riding as a teenager and just being able to charge up any hill like it was nothing. I'm approaching that feeling right now and it's pretty great.

Now, when it comes to indoor exercise, I know myself too well. 20 years of trying it off and on shows it's not for me... except for a few calisthenics.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What if the person that is difficult to work with is your indirect boss and the founder of the company... :think:
Sounds like it's time for a new jorb, mah man! :thumb:

I don't have a ton of free time. My kids aren't really into biking and my wife gives me grief when I do anything aside from an hour long road ride....
"Get married," they said.
"Have kids," they said.
"It'll be fun," they said.

1630076429514.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work. Always busy.

Batting out of my pay grade again. Big part of job is face-time with people because that's what retirement plans want of us. We've been doing so good at it (well above industry rates) that we're kinda running out of people to meet with that we haven't already seen in the last year or so. I was thinking of who we should be taking to (usually I start with need and liability, working backwards) and because I know our analytics software so well (that's the side of the company I came out of) I just started spitballing ideas for how we could identify those specific people (compliance side, you anti-capitalists; I want people to make money too). Somehow nobody has thought to access this data before, so now we have legal involved to see if we can actually use it. Why does my lowly ass keep bringing this shit UP the pipe vs. us getting fed down?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. Work. Always busy.

Batting out of my pay grade again. Big part of job is face-time with people because that's what retirement plans want of us. We've been doing so good at it (well above industry rates) that we're kinda running out of people to meet with that we haven't already seen in the last year or so. I was thinking of who we should be taking to (usually I start with need and liability, working backwards) and because I know our analytics software so well (that's the side of the company I came out of) I just started spitballing ideas for how we could identify those specific people (compliance side, you anti-capitalists; I want people to make money too). Somehow nobody has thought to access this data before, so now we have legal involved to see if we can actually use it. Why does my lowly ass keep bringing this shit UP the pipe vs. us getting fed down?
Somebody's gonna be a VP soon. :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Work. Always busy.

remind your boss you're due for a promotion.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Here. Work. Always busy.

have you ever considered it might be your excessive use of parentheses?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Only 75 degrees for my early run this morning, but the 73 dew point can go straight to hell. I finished the run dripping wet from sweat, and it is hard to run well in that shit. Fortunately the week of humidity will finally break tonight and the weekend should be quite nice.
Went for a two hour walk last evening and it was probably in the high 80s with similar humidity. It's been so hot that I now take a set of synthetic hiking clothes to work so I don't soak my cotton work clothes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not with bad grammar like “we have been doing so good at it” :p
I don't spell check what you idiots get. Emails of any importance at work get written and held for 5-10min before I send, so I can re-read and make corrections.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Job offer on the table. 12-month contract. Seems like a great team with a solid collaborative dynamic. Almost 60% pay increase vs. the last contract, but not (nearly) as robust benefit package. Going for a bike ride to think about it, then accept in a couple hours. Start date is Sept. 20th, after the wedding and honeymoon.