Quantcast

Fried $^$ Hay

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Job offer on the table. 12-month contract. Seems like a great team with a solid collaborative dynamic. Almost 60% pay increase vs. the last contract, but not (nearly) as robust benefit package. Going for a bike ride to think about it, then accept in a couple hours. Start date is Sept. 20th, after the wedding and honeymoon.
congrats dude!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Job offer on the table. 12-month contract. Seems like a great team with a solid collaborative dynamic. Almost 60% pay increase vs. the last contract, but not (nearly) as robust benefit package. Going for a bike ride to think about it, then accept in a couple hours. Start date is Sept. 20th, after the wedding and honeymoon.
Congo-rats!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Morning field hockey practice (check); solved scheduling problem for our district's MS/HS music staff (check); Set-up some of my classroom (check); floated around in the pool (check) and next up....dinner! Probably going to have a burger or something of that sort.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
:wave:

Sigh, anyone else have that one person at their company who has a widespread reputation as an insufferable asshole who's miserable to work with? My boss keeps giving me all the projects that deal with this jack wagon cause I'm the best at telling him to STFU. Gotta admit, it's getting old having to appease his flying off the handle due to poor reading comprehension and a chronic need to be an obstacle instead of a willing partner in the process.

Damn you difficult Larry. :banghead:

EDIT: yes, same guy I complained about before. Back at his old tricks again.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snagged the last spot at the campground we wanted to stay at.

Afternoon spent in the creek while the fish kept spitting out my fly. Wife was the fish count winner today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Speaking of meats... got an email and phone call that my Italian-style meatses recently purchased have been recalled by Costco. :panic:
I think I'd seen that on the news a couple of days ago and meant to ask had they killed you.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Speaking of meats... got an email and phone call that my Italian-style meatses recently purchased have been recalled by Costco. :panic:
get yourself a restaurant depot card....they have a better selection of meat i think....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Costco...
If I have to drive to do regular shopping, and do it in a massive industrial warehouse, where everything is mega-sized and the selection is pretty pedestrian (heh)… and you have to pay a membership for the privilege… it’s not for me.

Walking 4 blocks to the grocery store is more my tempo.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
If I have to drive to do regular shopping, and do it in a massive industrial warehouse, where everything is mega-sized and the selection is pretty pedestrian (heh)… and you have to pay a membership for the privilege… it’s not for me.

:stupid:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Our last car was purchased with a costco discount. Saved us nearly 5 grand. We also just refinanced our mortgage through them too. Saved a similar amount on closing costs.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Our last car was purchased with a costco discount. Saved us nearly 5 grand. We also just refinanced our mortgage through them too. Saved a similar amount on closing costs.
That’s cool. Unsure if they offer such things in Canada. Kinda crazy there are such margins to play with if you’re the right company.