Quantcast

%^% Fried hay %^%

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Did the pick up heavy things repeatedly again. Actually got there at 5 today, although 4:30 was rough to wake up.

5 year old is starting to get worried about the new arrival. Should be an interesting next week.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Was driving to work and a guy in a little truck that tried to turn from lights and come straight at me as I drove out of a shopping complex.
Initially I was a bit shocked and did a bunch of steering then I started laughing at him because I'd done the same thing at another complex.
Was an easy day but Plantar Fattyitis can EAD, it feels like someone has put a suction cup on my heel and is trying to pull my heel off as I walk.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Bruh I am all discombobulated this morning. I screwed up my coffee brew and ended up with a bunch of grounds in the carafe, so I had to toss that cook. I didn't have enough dinner last night to pack a lunch for work today, so I had to scrape together some food (pbj, yogurt, oatmeal) to bring to work. I swam this morning and that went well, but then I forgot to grab the water bottle from my bag when I stopped home so now I am at work without my water. But, I am still in a good mood for some dumb reason.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Technically I have work today, but I'm just going to study. Haley is having a sleepover for her birthday party, so I will regulate myself into my office in the basement to study, head off to the library tomorrow, then study Sunday and Monday from home with the chance that I pick up the kart Monday afternoon.

Wifey started to give me heat last night about the kart since I spent the money and don't know how much we're getting from insurance yet (or 100% paying for it). MIL1 bought Haley's birthday dinner (what 11y/o chooses Melting Pot?) and told Wifey it was so that we could spend that $500 on the kart and gave Haley a K1 gift card as part of her gift, so that covers League expenses for a few months. But it's that's not helping with the "you spent $4,500 on a new kart and don't even know how much you're getting back yet?!" that I'm getting now. Ugh. FTS. Haley will be better off racing because she'll have a new kart for the rest of this and next season, but it's still not the stress that I need right now.

The nurse who spends the most time caring for Hilarie tested positive for COVID-19 this morning, so didn't go in; the residence reports four current cases on Hilarie's floor.

I got shit for sleep, but symptoms continue to lessen.

I want this shit to be over.

:nopity:
Covid sucks. I'm three or four times in (Thanks DougCo!:tinfoil:) and it has sucked every time, but the vaccinations made it so much better. Just added to our annual flu shots now.

Hopefully you and Hillarie are feeling better soon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friderp.

No ride tonight.

Need to go home and mow the lawn. But first, I'll have to raise the front end of the mower - it struggled a bit much after lowering it last time. :homer:

Also built a new planter box in the backyard and need a little more dirt to fill it, so will also do that. I'm hoping I can stumble across some Poblano plants. I fucked up this year and missed buying them at the local shop - only managed to grab one. :(

Coffeeing it now.

Bruh I am all discombobulated this morning. I screwed up my coffee brew and ended up with a bunch of grounds in the carafe, so I had to toss that cook. I didn't have enough dinner last to pack a lunch for work today, so I had to scrape together some food (pbj, yogurt, oatmeal) to bring to work. I swam this morning and that well, but then I forgot to grab the water bottle from my bag when I stopped home so now I am at work without my water. But, I am still in a good mood for some dumb reason.
Maybe someone will bring in donuts or a cake?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Looking at options for getting out of Gatlinburg since it’s the weekend. Really don’t want to go home but I can’t hike for a while. Will probably have to hitch or get a shuttle to a town 13 ish miles away to rent a car. So not ready to accept this reality.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@boostindoubles is this where you went?

This looks like an interesting site. Those, what I can only assume are steam powered turbines(?), look badass. And the building is so clean.

Looking at options for getting out of Gatlinburg since it’s the weekend. Really don’t want to go home but I can’t hike for a while. Will probably have to hitch or get a shuttle to a town 13 ish miles away to rent a car. So not ready to accept this reality.
Do what your body tells ya to do. You got this, even if you have to take a break.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early yo go buy some supplies. A couple gallons of primer, some pipe insulation, an extension cord and a pair of wire strippers was $270. WTF.

Fit went off with its new owner yesterday. Now I have an empty space on my lawn and a bigger number in my bank account.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Technically I have work today, but I'm just going to study. Haley is having a sleepover for her birthday party, so I will regulate myself into my office in the basement to study, head off to the library tomorrow, then study Sunday and Monday from home with the chance that I pick up the kart Monday afternoon.

Wifey started to give me heat last night about the kart since I spent the money and don't know how much we're getting from insurance yet (or 100% paying for it). MIL1 bought Haley's birthday dinner (what 11y/o chooses Melting Pot?) and told Wifey it was so that we could spend that $500 on the kart and gave Haley a K1 gift card as part of her gift, so that covers League expenses for a few months. But it's that's not helping with the "you spent $4,500 on a new kart and don't even know how much you're getting back yet?!" that I'm getting now. Ugh. FTS. Haley will be better off racing because she'll have a new kart for the rest of this and next season, but it's still not the stress that I need right now.

Covid sucks. I'm three or four times in (Thanks DougCo!:tinfoil:) and it has sucked every time, but the vaccinations made it so much better. Just added to our annual flu shots now.

Hopefully you and Hillarie are feeling better soon.
next time wifey gives you shit about the kart ask her how much the infiniti shitbox she wants costs

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
good ride last night. I'm feeling better and better on the bike, and starting to log PRs, 2nd and 3rd fastest times, but mostly on the climbs. I'm still very sketched out on fast descents... But the biggest issue is somehow, my buddies are all getting faster and faster as they age. WTF?! I don't usually look at heart rates and such, but we were chatting about it yesterday. I spent 65% of my ride in zone 5, and 31% in zone 4. meanwhile, my buddy didn't bust out of zone 3 for the whole ride.... there's more work to be done there evidently, but I'm not sure I have the time and energy to devote to riding 3x/week, weight lifting 3x/week, and running 2x/week... but sometimes it sure makes being divorced look appealing. :think:

anyways...

good weekend on the docket ahead. it'll be our 17th or 18th annual fathers day extravaganza. And at least the 10th we do at my buddies cottage at a local ski hill/trail centre (Mont Ste Marie). I'm looking forward to some riding, some swimming, some drinking on the deck, some good food, beer and booze...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
next time wifey gives you shit about the kart ask her how much the infiniti shitbox she wants costs
And I'm fighting that as hard and long (derp) as possible until at least electric comes out. She doesn't like the kart - she thinks it's too dangerous. But she didn't even bat an eye when I spent that on the Yeti and nearly as much net on Haley's mtb that doesn't get ridden. Plus mtbing is far more dangerous than karting.

I could go buy a horse that is 10x more expensive and she'd be mad, but it's a horsey and she rode horsey's as a kid. And those things are super fucking dangerous.

A lot of it is the 'what' and nothing more.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And I'm fighting that as hard and long (derp) as possible until at least electric comes out. She doesn't like the kart - she thinks it's too dangerous. But she didn't even bat an eye when I spent that on the Yeti and nearly as much net on Haley's mtb that doesn't get ridden. Plus mtbing is far more dangerous than karting.

I could go buy a horse that is 10x more expensive and she'd be mad, but it's a horsey and she rode horsey's as a kid. And those things are super fucking dangerous.

A lot of it is the 'what' and nothing more.
yea but the kart, bikes, and cars can't be converted to steaks when they die

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Who brings in the most money in your household? She or you?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Knowing Stoney's excellent financial planning skills, I have to assume he has a marriage contract. Soooo.... :butcher:
Second marriage and wealthy before marriage folks have those. Not the "we got married with $20k of school loans still" type. :rofl: