Quantcast

>> Fried hay <<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
same old work shit. excellent espresso to kick start the morning is helping. I actually have the camper ready to go with food, clothing and fishing gear loaded ahead of time for once. My last transport goes to within a mile of my home so I should be on the road to the Sierras by 14:30 :banana:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
YO. The pool was packed this morning for my easy 2000 yard swim. I'll take the road bike out at some point for an easy spin. I've got my AQUABIKE race tomorrow (swim a mile, bike 25 miles). My goal there will be to win it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work day should be mellow. Hannah woke us up with a sore stomach this morning. Nothing like a little constipation to start your day. The beginning of mixed topic tests and case studies today. 7 days.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fending for myself since yesterday morning. DSO came and woke me up at 5:50AM to go outside, then proceeded to just want to roll around on her back rather then do anything useful.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Tore a bunch of sheathing off the back of the house yesterday as part of replacing two windows. Everything was in surprisingly good shape, though someone decided a 1/2" gap between panels filled with caulking was the way to go. Silly hacks and their hackiness.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey bitches
WFH today but I don't have much to do, and no meetings. I want to try and remain active and engaged, but shit I'm tempted for a f-u-friday

Hoping to do a small ride at lunch and maybe climb mt wachusett tomorrow

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
*Addendum, my right pinky is fat and doesn't bend fully this morning after yesterday's dumb crash...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Took the day off for the wife's birthday. Placing 2 yards of pea gravel around the pool this morning, then showering my wife with love and adoration for the rest of the day. Sushi tonight while the in-laws watch the girls. With any luck, I'll ride a bike this weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

All the storms yesterday have pushed out the crazy heat and humidity. Our house must have got slammed with rain - based on the amount of sludge pushed out of our eaves and downspouts. Rain barrels are also overflowing again.

T-minus 14 days until our guys trip out West. Need to start staging some Amazon shipments at buddies house in Calgary. Picking up a bike travel bag tonight.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Only problem is my thumb and forefinger were wrecked in a Whistler crash years ago. So if I lose my pinky I'm running out of digits to hold on to the bar with my right hand :D

All the storms yesterday have pushed out the crazy heat and humidity. Our house must have got slammed with rain - based on the amount of sludge pushed out of our eaves and downspouts. Rain barrels are also overflowing again.

T-minus 14 days until our guys trip out West. Need to start staging some Amazon shipments at buddies house in Calgary. Picking up a bike travel bag tonight.
Where ya heading?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

In the office as usual, but getting close to having a few WFH days soon. The truck has been at the shop almost a month now. It's waiting to have the belt changed and new motor mounts. I haven't bugged them about it, but now it's silly. We wanted to go at least once this year and I have to put it all back together first. Ugh.

Wife says after day 10 of COVID, we banging but she has to wear a shirt. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
  • easy friday on tap, will probably head out for a lunch ride
  • stopped at the dive shop yesterday, guys were knowledgeable. PADI shop, and offer pretty much the full slate of trainings. not a huge in house selection, but good brands and willing to order anything. full service shop too, which is good. they also run a charter boat out of NJ and have regular trips, and also organize international trips.
  • waiting for updates from the bike park if the lift has been repaired from the lightning strike last week. got my fingers crossed, really wanna ride some DH this weekend
  • have talked to a couple neighbors, they all have the same recommendation for pool installers, so i think it's time to make some calls
  • working on getting some snorkeling trips setup for the keys vaca next month. i might even have my dive cert reactivated in time to sneak in a dive
  • espresso time

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: it's a great day to be alive.
OK quick story time:
About 3+ weeks ago I had a CAT scan of my brain looking for a suspected bleed. Turned out my brain was fine :rolleyes: but the scan also captured some of my neck which showed a 5cm tumor. Follow up ultrasound showed it was solid, or not so good.
I had a biopsy last Friday, and results are in and tell me it's benign and not cancer. They'll still probably remove it surgically, but it won't kill me.

So yea, the past few weeks have been really stressful, but it's all good. Go ride your bikes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
OK quick story time:
About 3+ weeks ago I had a CAT scan of my brain looking for a suspected bleed. Turned out my brain was fine :rolleyes: but the scan also captured some of my neck which showed a 5cm tumor. Follow up ultrasound showed it was solid, or not so good.
I had a biopsy last Friday, and results are in and tell me it's benign and not cancer. They'll still probably remove it surgically, but it won't kill me.

So yea, the past few weeks have been really stressful, but it's all good. Go ride your bikes.
Shit, glad to hear it sounds like it should play out fine. I have a fridge full of beer still, pedal your bike up to us sip a couple and then roll back down to yours.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Update: Fish #2 dead. So that makes 2 fish in 4 days and the kids return today. Guess I'll have to go source some new fish!??!!?
Did they not bring over the aerator? Or is it one that needs to be cycled regularly?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OK quick story time:

my dad had a gran mal seizure and drove off the PA turnpike when my mom was pregnant with me. thankfully he was driving a 78 blazer which is basically a tank and he was uninjured. turns out he has a cavernous angioma. he got on medication and hasn't had a seizure since. they can be hereditary, so i've had to get myself checked as well.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
OK quick story time:

Dude. Glad you're okay!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
neck pain caused by my scapula fracture seems to have migrated down to the upper thoracic spine area. I'm super stiff and finding it difficult to breathe deeply. this is supremely unpleasant. just did all the exercises I'm allowed to do, to try and "create movement", but it didn't help. didn't make it worse though, so I guess there's that.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my dad had a gran mal seizure and drove off the PA turnpike when my mom was pregnant with me. thankfully he was driving a 78 blazer which is basically a tank and he was uninjured. turns out he has a cavernous angioma. he got on medication and hasn't had a seizure since. they can be hereditary, so i've had to get myself checked as well.
Seizures es no bueno.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Did they not bring over the aerator? Or is it one that needs to be cycled regularly?
They delivered a tank and jar of food. No other apparatus, certainly nothing that plugged in. The water did get awfully murky over those 4 days, so that couldn't have helped. Probably also doesn't help that our house temp hovers around 70-72, which is likely a good 6-8 degrees cooler than they keep their house.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
OK quick story time:

Holy Crap! Glad it's benign. Stress would be more than understandable!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
They delivered a tank and jar of food. No other apparatus, certainly nothing that plugged in. The water did get awfully murky over those 4 days, so that couldn't have helped. Probably also doesn't help that our house temp hovers around 70-72, which is likely a good 6-8 degrees cooler than they keep their house.
The good news is they won't ask you to look after them next time!