Quantcast

>> Fried hay <<

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They delivered a tank and jar of food. No other apparatus, certainly nothing that plugged in. The water did get awfully murky over those 4 days, so that couldn't have helped. Probably also doesn't help that our house temp hovers around 70-72, which is likely a good 6-8 degrees cooler than they keep their house.
Their fault.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
OK quick story time:
About 3+ weeks ago I had a CAT scan of my brain looking for a suspected bleed. Turned out my brain was fine :rolleyes: but the scan also captured some of my neck which showed a 5cm tumor. Follow up ultrasound showed it was solid, or not so good.
I had a biopsy last Friday, and results are in and tell me it's benign and not cancer. They'll still probably remove it surgically, but it won't kill me.

So yea, the past few weeks have been really stressful, but it's all good. Go ride your bikes.
Dang yo, hope you are doing OK and glad to hear its benign...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They delivered a tank and jar of food. No other apparatus, certainly nothing that plugged in. The water did get awfully murky over those 4 days, so that couldn't have helped. Probably also doesn't help that our house temp hovers around 70-72, which is likely a good 6-8 degrees cooler than they keep their house.
What flavor fish are they? Goldfish are usually OK even at lower than normal temps. Tropical fish need more care to survive. They should have left the tank and made you walk if tropical, but if they're goldfish...how'd you kill them?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What flavor fish are they? Goldfish are usually OK even at lower than normal temps. Tropical fish need more care to survive. They should have left the tank and made you walk if tropical, but if they're goldfish...how'd you kill them?
No idea what kind, but guessing tropical based on the now faded color.

20230707_104941_copy_600x800.jpg

20230704_175701_copy_600x800.jpg

They died in the same place too, which is also weird.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
No idea what kind, but guessing tropical based on the now faded color.

View attachment 196624

View attachment 196625

They died in the same place too, which is also weird.
Those are bettas, they look like females (just FYI if you go get replacements). They should have done just fine- 72 isn't too cold for the fish, and it looks like they came with a filter or heater. I wonder if a water change before you got them or some sort of filter change could have done them in. That's a very "OK I'm gonna go die now" position and doesn't indicate illness but rather toxicity

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
finished the last of the best coffee I've ever had this morning. the roaster is out of that batch, so I'm now SOL.

The replacement I found is OK, but not spectacular (6.5/10 as opposed to 9/10). With a bit more dialing in, I think I can get it to a solid 7.5, maybe 8?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i have to tread lightly in some regards with mine, i have been informed by his prior manager that he has already threatened to retire
Yeah I have no problem slacking and going unnoticed, but I want to make sure that he stays engaged when we do actually have work to do. It's light right now, but my boss is on vacation and our current project is winding down.

Enjoy the ride, my tum tum just started hurting so I'm not sure I'll get out

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
OK quick story time:
About 3+ weeks ago I had a CAT scan of my brain looking for a suspected bleed. Turned out my brain was fine :rolleyes: but the scan also captured some of my neck which showed a 5cm tumor. Follow up ultrasound showed it was solid, or not so good.
I had a biopsy last Friday, and results are in and tell me it's benign and not cancer. They'll still probably remove it surgically, but it won't kill me.

So yea, the past few weeks have been really stressful, but it's all good. Go ride your bikes.
good to hear. what was it actually on the pathology from the biopsy?

/me e-cargo biked the younger kids to camp and shall work 1-5 pm today, from home as is my wont

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Argh, woke up to a possible fraud warning on my Amazon card, so it's closed. Planned on putting the new AC on there for the points rather than just writing a check, guess I'll take Capital One travel points assuming I can't beat them up for a cash discount that outweighs the points.

Starting to hear about the epic mess my previous place of employment has turned into, I knew I was important, but didn't realize I was quite that important. Guys can't even find forms they made LoL.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
OK quick story time:

Dislike, but also like. Glad to hear you are well, not having cancer is pretty awesome, but what on earth caused anyone to think "suspected brain bleed"? Those usually aren't great either.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Not completely done, but getting closer. Just need to install some edging, instal the gfci, fish the wire back to the panel for the dedicated circuit ( currently rocking an extension cord), and have someone else make the connection at the panel.
1F00EACC-BCF8-4889-9908-3CA28E5D6AEE.jpeg

Speaking of old guys breaking down, my back has just about had it. I may need to be carted out of the Japanese restaurant tonight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley just had her 11y/o check up. 5'2" - 96% for height. She's gonna be a giant. 68% for weight. Apparently that was a surprise to the Dr. given how thin she is, but she's solid.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Not completely done, but getting closer. Just need to install some edging, instal the gfci, fish the wire back to the panel for the dedicated circuit ( currently rocking an extension cord), and have someone else make the connection at the panel.
View attachment 196643

Speaking of old guys breaking down, my back has just about had it. I may need to be carted out of the Japanese restaurant tonight.
Just slapped a 15' round Intex in the side yard a few weeks ago, it's goddamn glorious.

You stick with the supplied pump or upgrade?

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Just slapped a 15' round Intex in the side yard a few weeks ago, it's goddamn glorious.

You stick with the supplied pump or upgrade?
Went with the Intex 18' x 9' over here. I wanted to do a 18' diameter pool, but I was overruled by the females. Glorious indeed. We've all been in that thing every day since it's been up. Should have stuck to my gunz with the round pool though; it gets a little congested with all the damned floaties in it.

Stock 1500 gph sand pump for now. Despite the reviews, It seems to be doing a decent job so far. I'll give it some time to see how it performs over the next few weeks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Abbs is still freaked out outside and we haven't had fireworks in a couple nights. She was weird on walkies this morning and didn't want to go pee last night before bed. Seems like the meds helped but she's still rocked. I feel horrible for poor girl.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Apparently I'm one of the few people on earth who remembered just how god damned awful the first one was.

I had to seriously question whether the second one was simply a parody of the first. If you assume that was the intention, it isn't horrible. Sadly I don't think that is the case. Now I want to see a proper parody à la Talledega Nights.