Quantcast

>> Fried hay <<

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Stock 1500 gph sand pump for now. Despite the reviews, It seems to be doing a decent job so far. I'll give it some time to see how it performs over the next few weeks.
Ah, mine came with the janky filter pump, was going to suggest upgrading to the sand jobbie.

Some minor pump/hose fuckery still needs solving, and it's finally warm enough for the kiddo to survive in, but many pool beers have been consumed, and that's what matters.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bought another Racing Honda today. 2012 Civic. Scared the fuck out of the salesman when I asked him to put on his seatbelt because I saw this once in a cartoon. He wasn't impressed with my skills at parking brake uturns on state rt 104 either. I asked him if he was familiar with Joey Chitwood. He was not.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Stupidity at its finest.

Jeep does not deal with small parts or technical work any longer. Confirmed via many dealer service shops

For example,

If you happen to need any one of parts 2 through 7, you can only buy the whole assembly, 1-8,
A 20-dollar set of wheel bearings is now a $1000.00 set of complete axle shafts

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 3.40.11 PM.png

or, if you needed anything behind the differential cover, no luck, you can only order the complete axle assemblies, front or rear, either with or without brakes, backing plates, and axles for a mere $3800.00 for the bare assembly.

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 3.41.32 PM.png

I now have to go complete after-market for even stock replacement parts since jeep (pardon me......FIAT) doesn't even have the part numbers in inventory. This is what warranty work has become, no luck if you have regeared as well

Apparently, nobody works on their own rigs anymore

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stupidity at its finest.

Jeep does not deal with small parts or technical work any longer. Confirmed via many dealer service shops

For example,

If you happen to need any one of parts 2 through 7, you can only buy the whole assembly, 1-8,

View attachment 196654

or, if you needed anything behind the differential cover, no luck, you can only order the complete axle assemblies, front or rear, either with or without brakes, backing plates, and axles for a mere $3800.00 for the bare assembly.

View attachment 196655

I now have to go complete after-market for even stock replacement parts since jeep (pardon me......FIAT) doesn't even have the part numbers in inventory. This is what warranty work has become, no luck if you have regeared as well

Jeeps have just become convertibles that can see over traffic.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Stupidity at its finest.

For example,

View attachment 196654

View attachment 196655

That’s beyond insanity. Seriously.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stupidity at its finest.

For example,

View attachment 196654

View attachment 196655

Try it now?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Stupidity at its finest.

For example,

View attachment 196654

View attachment 196655

iTs A jEeP tHiNg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man this cooler weather is so nice. Windows on the house are open, I tended to the garden without sweating my bag off and now I can enjoy some further refinements.

There is a breeze coming off the lake as well, it really could not be nicer.

Though, this is my third tall can. And this can is over half a liter of 8% IPA. As Billy Burr would say, jeeeezus.

But tomorrow we shall ride.

I even managed to fix the hose thats been laying on the back porch for two months, tonight. :eek:

RIP to the one Marijuana plant that decided to grow some balls. The others are looking nice. One of them is as tall as I am, at a Tie Domi stout 5'8.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Stupidity at its finest.

For example,

View attachment 196654

View attachment 196655

I forget what your house/RV/trailer/palapa on the beach situation currently is, but can you take them apart and look for numbers then order parts and reassemble when they come in?

Never known Jeep to actually make their own axle parts, should be a Dana/Spicer, Detroit, or less likely Timken number on those spiny boys.

Would figured some Jeeper guy with too much time on his hands would have already made a cross reference list. I've sworn off buying cars without enthusiast followings for this exact reason, took me 6 tries to order brake rotors for my wife's car because there's no way I'm paying dealer prices and hers is a weird combo of engine and driveline that only existed for 6 months, so none of the 3rd party companies have the right numbers in their system. My Taco is old enough and the choice of overland dorks nationwide so that everybody just kinda knows what parts to cross reference from where, and there's a half dozen youtube videos on even the smallest weirdest issue.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I forget what your house/RV/trailer/palapa on the beach situation currently is, but can you take them apart and look for numbers then order parts and reassemble when they come in?

Never known Jeep to actually make their own axle parts, should be a Dana/Spicer, Detroit, or less likely Timken number on those spiny boys.

Would figured some Jeeper guy with too much time on his hands would have already made a cross reference list. I've sworn off buying cars without enthusiast followings for this exact reason, took me 6 tries to order brake rotors for my wife's car because there's no way I'm paying dealer prices and hers is a weird combo of engine and driveline that only existed for 6 months, so none of the 3rd party companies have the right numbers in their system. My Taco is old enough and the choice of overland dorks nationwide so that everybody just kinda knows what parts to cross reference from where, and there's a half dozen youtube videos on even the smallest weirdest issue.

I agree, but parts are still very hard to get in any form or fashion, I got everything I need to get back on the road and am just waiting on shipping but will start taking apart my old axle shafts to do exactly what you mentioned to have parts on hand but I feel those will be out of stock as well so will build up my "trail parts" over the next few months as I go and find sources as I am traveling around.