Quantcast

Friend got a new high power gun, now I get to use his old one

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

It's a tubb 2000 rifle. A friend of mine had one in .308, he has been getting good and decided he was ready to get one in 6.5X (It's the signature wildcat for that gun) Now I have a great rifle to use for high power matches.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Never having been a competitive shooter (outside one experience in a military match), I gotta ask...what type of courses of fire/ranges do you shoot with something like that in a competition? Is it all iron sights, or scoped? What are the rules on support re: body positioning and sling use (or resting/external support)?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
1. Slow Fire, standing - 10 rounds at 200 yards in 10 minutes.
2. Rapid Fire, sitting or kneeling - 10 rounds at 200 yards in 60 seconds.
3. Rapid Fire, 10 rounds prone - 300 yards in 70 seconds.
4. Slow Fire, 10 rounds prone - 500 or 600 yards in 10 minutes.

All done with iron sights

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
1. Slow Fire, standing - 10 rounds at 200 yards in 10 minutes.
2. Rapid Fire, sitting or kneeling - 10 rounds at 200 yards in 60 seconds.
3. Rapid Fire, 10 rounds prone - 300 yards in 70 seconds.
4. Slow Fire, 10 rounds prone - 500 or 600 yards in 10 minutes.

All done with iron sights
that was our qual if i remember right..

All the G. david Tubb rifles are amazing. I got to shoot the Tubb 2k tactical, Amazing! What else do you expect from the most decorated shooter in high power history? Now you have to have a new shooting coat to match the scheme of the rifle.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I always thought a mountain bike biathlon would be cool. Until you crashed and broke your spine over your rifle.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I am not big on aesthetics, but that has got to be the ugliest rifle I have ever seen.
It's far worse in person

All the G. david Tubb rifles are amazing. I got to shoot the Tubb 2k tactical, Amazing! What else do you expect from the most decorated shooter in high power history? Now you have to have a new shooting coat to match the scheme of the rifle.
I wish I could afford a new shooting jacket, mine still fits but I need some shooting shoes and pants first

Don't listen to these guy's that thing is a work of art. 1/4 min. sights, hand stops and Anschutz trigger, Oh My! All you need is a spirt level and your ready for Camp Perry. I can see your next post now, "TheMontashu shoots a 500-47x in HP competition."

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Don't listen to these guy's that thing is a work of art. 1/4 min. sights, hand stops and Anschutz trigger, Oh My! All you need is a spirt level and your ready for Camp Perry. I can see your next post now, "TheMontashu shoots a 500-47x in HP competition."
I freakin wish, my best rifle match so far has been was a 4P match, I shot a 358-29x. Right now for some reason I'm killing it in air pistol. There is an air pistol league at the gun club and last winter my average was 180.5

I have allot more trouble at longer range, I'm super bad at dealing with any change in wind or temperature.