Quantcast

Friends of loco gringo......read asap.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
not sure if this is legit or not but seems kinda off kilter.

got a chat message on facebook from him a few hours ago that he was in london england and he got robbed at gunpoint and needs money to get back.

I asked him a few simple questions that only he and I would know....no response.

since then his facebook details have changed from married to single and his hometown has changed.

just doesnt seem right to me.....

somebody give him a call or the shop a call and see whats up, and report back

I am thinking his account may have been hacked but I just want to make sure that he isnt hanging out in the wind with no help.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
His account got hijacked. Of course, it's always good for people to check in on their friends, but this is a scam going around Facebook: they'll hijack the account, chat message friends and scam them out of money by saying they were robbed. London is a common place to say.

Fairly effective scam, actually.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
His account got hijacked. Of course, it's always good for people to check in on their friends, but this is a scam going around Facebook: they'll hijack the account, chat message friends and scam them out of money. Fairly clever scam, actually.
I figured as much but just want to make sure, and I need to hear it from himself .......its a military accountability thing I am used to....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey, I get it, just letting you know that it's a very common scam going around, right down to the pretended place of the holdup.

Kinda like getting an email from your friend claiming he just got promoted to prince of Nigeria and he now needs $10,000 in order to transfer half a million into your bank account ;)

gonefirefightin

free wieners

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I'm thinking I got hacked through a gmail account I use for crap. Now it's locked out. I can't get them to allow me to access it, but whatever, I don't think I have much tied to it. I had hell "fighting" to keep my password changed long enough to change the email tied to facebook. I hope that it was gmail anyway.

I changed the married status to unlink Julie, in the event they hadn't already caught on. I'm bumfuzzled that people can't just allow people the decency of privacy. I think these scammers are piles of sh*t that should rot in hell.

On the upside, he was logged in along side me when he would chat people up and bum money and I would talk sh*t to him.

Thanks for the concern, Brett. At least 10 people called me at the shop or on my cell to make sure I was ok.

Now if I can figure out how to hack my own gmail account.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
He defriended a few people. Were you one of them, Brett? The most odd thing is that one person that wanted to help is an ex. Super concerned.
yeah.....as soon as I started asking a few question that only you and I would know, the chat window closed and I was "un-freinded"....thats when I went into scammer mode and got relaxed a bit.

I was getting on skype to make a call to london if I found out what hotel you were at. then pretty much chilled out. felt like I was doing a state dept job, got all excited.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yeah, he hit me up too gff. i thought it was kinda weird how he just got right to it. i told him to pm me on "the monkey" so i would know he's legit. after that i went to check his profile and found that he (hijacker) had unfriended me.

so yes, loco...i was one of the ones unfriended.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On the security note, BV, why can't I load RM via https:// ??? I want security!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:rofl:
It just keeps getting better & better....

It couldn't have happened to a nice person. :rofl:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Looks like I need to "friend" GFF on facebook as it seems he has his own Spec Ops team. I could use a friend with one of those.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
So I need to talk to loco, as I'm sending a customer his way. See that his account is gone on FB. search "loco" here and find this thread. read the first post and am kind of freaking out a little bit.

i feel better now.

but anywho,

Juan - Nathan Winkelman's bro is going to be stopping by your shop on Thursday...his Reba 29er needs to have some work done (hopefully just topping off the oil). Talked with him at the 24hr...he's stationed in Ft Hood and said he couldn't get up to Plano...I told him to go by your shop in Temple as there was no one else in Dallas that I would recommend.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Loco's nipples would have made enough money to get him home. No need to worry about 'ol Loco.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
So I need to talk to loco, as I'm sending a customer his way. See that his account is gone on FB. search "loco" here and find this thread. read the first post and am kind of freaking out a little bit.

i feel better now.

but anywho,

Juan - Nathan Winkelman's bro is going to be stopping by your shop on Thursday...his Reba 29er needs to have some work done (hopefully just topping off the oil). Talked with him at the 24hr...he's stationed in Ft Hood and said he couldn't get up to Plano...I told him to go by your shop in Temple as there was no one else in Dallas that I would recommend.

Thanks, Dustin.

Jason is his name, right??? Haven't seen him yet, but have had him in the Killeen shop a few times.

Started a new account, as facebook won't give me mine back, because I don't satisfy to them that it's really me. Honestly, their lack of security in the first place was the problem, so them honing up on me seems stupid. I won't bother with my new account most likely. It's a bunch of stupid quizzes and games I don't care about.

Gmail won't give me my account either. Not sure who was at fault, but hackers change all of the contact info and security questions it seems, so logic tells me that the most commonly used IP ranges would be the ones that were legit. I have submitted multiple requests, but they say I'm not me. Again...they let the Goddamned thing get hacked in the first f*#king place. Why Fort Knox my sh*t now??? :rant: