Quantcast

****Fries Day gmt****

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fucking great. just got a letter from the school saying there is the potential that the occupiers are planning to demonstrate at schools to protest mask mandates within the school. my kids school is one of the closest to downtown. i will fucking go ballistic if they get close to my kids' school.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Half day of work from home then off to the mountains. I hope the traffic isn't too horrid since it's going to snau this afternoon. hmm

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fucking great. just got a letter from the school saying there is the potential that the occupiers are planning to demonstrate at schools to protest mask mandates within the school. my kids school is one of the closest to downtown. i will fucking go ballistic if they get close to my kids' school.
call the mounties

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
speeding ticket....51 in a 35....

fine is 50 bucks....court costs are 193.00.

fucking theives...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well that...
my wife's accident was a wake up call about how shitty some people actually drive.

a couple months after the accident i went completely ballistic at a coworker in the parking lot of our office after he pulled some stupid fucking bullshit on the highway just before the exit to our office.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Kia kaha, @Adventurous. I remember times line that. Get good sleep if you can.

It’s raining here today and apparently all weekend. It was far too humid yesterday but today it’s southerly so a decent bit cooler. More shelves to put up, friends coming for lunch, bike to clean, shirts to wash, holy shit. Good job I have beer etc.

Oh, went out for Japanese last night, was great. Omicron cases are ramping up here now (408) so it felt like ‘last chance’ for a while probably although we only have 4 cases here in Pōneke as of yesterday — I doubt that low level will last. Box of KN95s arrived so that’s good.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A few weeks ago I bumped up the travel on a Rockshox Pike. It wasn't losing pressure but was getting stuck down during rides. Usually could correct it by forcefully extending the shock until the piston passed negative chamber port. Thought maybe I had nicked the quad ring when I assembled it. Tore the fucking thing apart and all I could find was a dog hair on the quad ring. Seems to be all good now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
maybe...... don't speed?
Do the math regarding your time. If you make $75k/yr, your hourly rate is $36/hr. If the amount of time you've saved by speeding since your last ticket is 4 hrs, you benefit. You can save 18 hours by averaging 60 vs. 55 over 12k miles (a normal year). Speeding, within a reasonable amount, is not a penalty.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Do the math regarding your time. If you make $75k/yr, your hourly rate is $36/hr. If the amount of time you've saved by speeding since your last ticket is 4 hrs, you benefit. You can save 18 hours by averaging 60 vs. 55 over 12k miles (a normal year). Speeding, within a reasonable amount, is not a penalty.
my wife is out 4 years of her career and counting because some asshole couldn't be bothered to follow basic traffic laws. fuck you and fuck your math.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my wife is out 4 years of her career and counting because some asshole couldn't be bothered to follow basic traffic laws. fuck you and fuck your math.
That dumbass girl didn't look and drove straight through a stop sign. She was on her phone too, iirc. 5-10mph over speed limit is still well within reason of controlled driving.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A few weeks ago I bumped up the travel on a Rockshox Pike. It wasn't losing pressure but was getting stuck down during rides. Usually could correct it by forcefully extending the shock until the piston passed negative chamber port. Thought maybe I had nicked the quad ring when I assembled it. Tore the fucking thing apart and all I could find was a dog hair on the quad ring. Seems to be all good now.
I had the same thing happen to my Pike, wound up replacing all the internals on the air side with their upgrade kit.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
speeding ticket....51 in a 35....

fine is 50 bucks....court costs are 193.00.

fucking theives...
Do you always have to go to court for a speeding fine?
Here we just pay them, but it would be a fair bit more than $50 for that much over the limit.
I get my licence half price because I haven't had any fines, I drive like an old lady, but I don't reverse in to people.