Quantcast

****Fries Day gmt****

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Do you always have to go to court for a speeding fine?
Here we just pay them, but it would be a fair bit more than $50 for that much over the limit.
I get my licence half price because I haven't had any fines, I drive like an old lady, but I don't reverse in to people.
It's different in every state. Over here, it's a $100 fine for 1-10mph over limit, then $10 per every additional mile. Double fines in work zones. You have the right to challenge speeding tickets in court - but don't have to if you admit guilt and send the money. The cops show up in court 10 times out of 10 times because they get paid $$$ for doing so. If you are caught going real fast, you get also charged with reckless driving and other fun offenses and can't just skip your court session anymore. If you go real real fast, you get arrested on the spot.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A few weeks ago I bumped up the travel on a Rockshox Pike. It wasn't losing pressure but was getting stuck down during rides. Usually could correct it by forcefully extending the shock until the piston passed negative chamber port. Thought maybe I had nicked the quad ring when I assembled it. Tore the fucking thing apart and all I could find was a dog hair on the quad ring. Seems to be all good now.
did you try burping it?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did you try burping it?

Yes, didn't make a difference. It would hold position just fine until weight was put on it where it would just keep sinking through the travel yet would maintain pressure. The only way that can happen is air bypassing the piston.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's different in every state. Over here, it's a $100 fine for 1-10mph over limit, then $10 per every additional mile. Double fines in work zones. You have the right to challenge speeding tickets in court - but don't have to if you admit guilt and send the money. The cops show up in court 10 times out of 10 times because they get paid $$$ for doing so. If you are caught going real fast, you get also charged with reckless driving and other fun offenses and can't just skip your court session anymore. If you go real real fast, you get arrested on the spot.

In Virginia it is 3 nights in jail for 15 MPH over, unless the cop likes the look of you and writes down 14 or tickets you for "disobeying a sign"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my wife's accident was a wake up call about how shitty some people actually drive.

a couple months after the accident i went completely ballistic at a coworker in the parking lot of our office after he pulled some stupid fucking bullshit on the highway just before the exit to our office.
yeah....

i generally drive like a old man....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Things seen in drive to get dinner and back:
- brodozer sideways into the curb
- bro Jeep fishtail, lift-snap, sideways over center divide
- guy riding his bike (I offered a ride)
- overland setup 4-runner doing 20mph over traffic pass unmarked cop and almost crash while being pulled over
- new GMC 2500 curb tag while fishtailing because they gunned it around a car going slower

People are dumb.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Anniversary dinner was over the top good @ Coco Cabana

starters
Yucca Fritas

tender yucca fries with avocado cream

Platanos

house specialty fried sweet plantains

Entrees
Curry con Mariscos

diced chicken breast, chicken chorizo, mussels & shrimp cooked in coconut curry sauce with sweet green peas & roasted red peppers, served with spiced jasmine rice. Also available in vegetarian option

Lomo Saltado Moderno

tenderloin steak strips sautéed with red onions, potato fries, red peppers garlic soy sauce drizzled with a spicy avocado cream

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Anniversary dinner was over the top good @ Coco Cabana

starters
Yucca Fritas

tender yucca fries with avocado cream

Platanos

house specialty fried sweet plantains

Entrees
Curry con Mariscos

diced chicken breast, chicken chorizo, mussels & shrimp cooked in coconut curry sauce with sweet green peas & roasted red peppers, served with spiced jasmine rice. Also available in vegetarian option

Lomo Saltado Moderno

tenderloin steak strips sautéed with red onions, potato fries, red peppers garlic soy sauce drizzled with a spicy avocado cream
How many years?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Drive up was rough. Central City Parkway was too steep and slick for even my mighty Nokians given FWD. Had to put on the AutoSocks. Then there were the amazingly slow drivers.

but we are here. Shall ski with high school friend and his partner.

C0DD3EAE-FE2C-4079-AC02-929B39B391EE.jpeg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A few weeks ago I bumped up the travel on a Rockshox Pike. It wasn't losing pressure but was getting stuck down during rides. Usually could correct it by forcefully extending the shock until the piston passed negative chamber port. Thought maybe I had nicked the quad ring when I assembled it. Tore the fucking thing apart and all I could find was a dog hair on the quad ring. Seems to be all good now.

please watch the whole thing. I implore you.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
just checked the online registry

The County of Alameda and the State of California screwed up again.

They renewed my Lic. to Practice as an EMT for another two years.

I bet I am one of the few practicing EMTs that carry their very own Medicare Card lol

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Are you fucking kidding me with this right now?

View attachment 171811

Not pictured: three more out of frame to the right and two more to the left.
I was on a client board meeting call yesterday and my neighbor's dog jumped the fence and started chasing deer around the open space. The owner was back there chasing him around, trying to catch him. That went on for almost 10min.

I started laughing at one point and the HR Director had to stop the meeting to ask why I was laughing, so I explained. One of the younger members, mind he's like 35, asked if he was yelling "Fenton" while he was chasing him around, and three of us just lost it. He ended up pulling up the Fenton video on his phone, mid board meeting, to show everyone, which elicited one hell of a response from the 8 others on the call.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When 70 gets bad one turns to 6. When 6 gets bad near 70 then one turns in turn to Central City Parkway. It was bad.
But 6 joins I-70 just after 40 dumps out on to it at the bottom of Floyd Hill. The only place Central City Parkway goes is Central City??

Capture.JPG

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
But 6 joins I-70 just after 40 dumps out on to it at the bottom of Floyd Hill. The only place Central City Parkway goes is Central City??

View attachment 171868
Oh, it’s taken from 6 through central City then back to 70 where you show it. Avoids the last section of 6, which backs up in very bad traffic.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@jonKranked c'mon man. you've never sped? i've got more tickets than fingers and toes and have been taken in twice for "criminal speeding." i still speed. all the time. i've never caused an accident. as someone said, the person that fucked up your life wasn't either. they were on their phone and ran a stop sign, right. that's 100% different, no? you could fuck up your family's life just as bad hucking something off a jump at blue or mountain creek or tripping on a rock drunk at a snowshoe world cup and paralazying yourself....don't give someone shit for getting a speeding ticket dude.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@jonKranked c'mon man. you've never sped? i've got more tickets than fingers and toes and have been taken in twice for "criminal speeding." i still speed. all the time. i've never caused an accident. as someone said, the person that fucked up your life wasn't either. they were on their phone and ran a stop sign, right. that's 100% different, no? you could fuck up your family's life just as bad hucking something off a jump at blue or mountain creek or tripping on a rock drunk at a snowshoe world cup and paralazying yourself....don't give someone shit for getting a speeding ticket dude.

There have been studies that show speeding doesn't necessarily cause accidents, innatentive/distracted driving however is worse than drunk driving. I'd rather see someone focused and passing me quickly on the road than someone all over the place making Tik Tok videos.

Either way the standard for acceptable driving skills in this country is fucking abysmal.

I have adjusted my driving habits - I used to go inanely fast on motorcycles, and sometimes in cars, but got fed up with tickets, so adjusted down on pavement. On the last motorcycle I was doing perhaps 110 on a gravel road when some kid on another moto came out of a side street without looking - I avoided him, but that slowed me down more, especially as local population density increased. When I took up mountain biking, it gave me a venue in which I could do all the stupid shit I wanted without police interference, and if, in a crash, my ride came down on top of me, I didn't have to worry about some hundreds of pounds of hot metal with a running motor landing on me.

In town, I do something between the limit and five over. On the highway, probably ten over.

Enforcement for speeding isn't effective, it's just easy and profitable. If traffic enforcement refocused on actually stopping at signals and signs, signaling, staying in lanes, not using phones, watching video, playing games, or reading, we'd see some reduction in injuries.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
man you must think you're awfully special

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day is done here, had a good day at work but I managed to squash my brake finger under a ~100Lb hydraulic cylinder, it slipped on to it's locating dowel before I expected it to, it was quite awkward to lift off, had to sorta twist my finger.
Office lady shouted us KFC too.
Hmmm, seems there is something not quite right with my finger after five weeks, can't close it fully and it is still a bit weak. Pretty sure it will end my hand modelling career if it doesn't go back to its normal size.
IMGP5527.jpg

Healing baths of hydraulic oil, engine oil, petrol, white spirits have done nothing to help, hahaha!

EDIT, just realized it's Friday, this isn't the new GMT thread. Also, my finger look like quite the chode.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hmmm, seems there is something not quite right with my finger after five weeks, can't close it fully and it is still a bit weak. Pretty sure it will end my hand modelling career if it doesn't go back to its normal size.
View attachment 173634
Healing baths of hydraulic oil, engine oil, petrol, white spirits have done nothing to help, hahaha!

EDIT, just realized it's Friday, this isn't the new GMT thread. Also, my finger look like quite the chode.
@AngryMetalsmith I hope this helps.