Quantcast

@Frig MT@

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
REI has a 920XT "tri bundle" for $600. From what I can see, they are basically charging you an extra $100 for the additional $100 HRM-Swim chest strap. WHAT A DEAL. :rolleyes:
Uh... Did you not look at the Amazon deal? $500 for the whole kit.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've disseminated my displeasure with those POS tires at so many places that I might have accidentally skipped your PM mailbox. :think:
Yeah no, I didn't get the memo. Happy to hear it's not "just me" though...

Maxxis4Life DAWG
The reason for the switch away from a Maxxis tire is that I had ANOTHER puncture in a HRII from a rock. Seems Maxxis has been going the way of "thin ass carcass" lately and quite frankly it pisses me off. Ah well, time to patch the friggin' hole in that bad larry and stick it back on my Felicia.

Did you consider throwing him off NTM? :mad:
We were already in the parking lot, otherwise this would have been a fantastic idea.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
The reason for the switch away from a Maxxis tire is that I had ANOTHER puncture in a HRII from a rock. Seems Maxxis has been going the way of "thin ass carcass" lately and quite frankly it pisses me off.
I was led down the "you STILL don't have Maxxis?!?" path by friends. Purchased a DHR EXO and promptly pinch-flatted it at Deer Creek. Fucking thin-ass carcasses is right. Pissed me off too.

Michelin Rock'R2 is still under testing. So far so good. But FUCK are they heavy. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sidewall related issues drove me from Maxxis to Specialized. I now have a set of Butchers on my bike and have absolutely no qualms about recommending them.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
>searches frantically for wood to knock on< - I haven't had problems with exo sidewalls in terms of punctures; however, if I slack and don't keep the pressure up enough they flex and burp pretty easily, which could also be due to the fact of ghetto tubeless . . .

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I destroyed two Gomas in the rear in a record time (each took less than a week - big holes in the sidewall), the one in the front felt like made of hard plastic - absolutely no traction despite its size and aggressively looking knobbage, especially in the wets. Goma sucks.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I destroyed two Gomas in the rear in a record time (each took less than a week - big holes in the sidewall), the one in the front felt like made of hard plastic - absolutely no traction despite its size and aggressively looking knobbage, especially in the wets. Goma sucks.
QFAMFT.

I seriously feel like I need to form a support group these tires huff so much dong.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

The reason for the switch away from a Maxxis tire is that I had ANOTHER puncture in a HRII from a rock. Seems Maxxis has been going the way of "thin ass carcass" lately and quite frankly it pisses me off. Ah well, time to patch the friggin' hole in that bad larry and stick it back on my Felicia.

We were already in the parking lot, otherwise this would have been a fantastic idea.
I was led down the "you STILL don't have Maxxis?!?" path by friends. Purchased a DHR EXO and promptly pinch-flatted it at Deer Creek. Fucking thin-ass carcasses is right. Pissed me off too.

Michelin Rock'R2 is still under testing. So far so good. But FUCK are they heavy. :D
Sidewall related issues drove me from Maxxis to Specialized. I now have a set of Butchers on my bike and have absolutely no qualms about recommending them.
Sounds like improper casing choice to me

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
12 miles this evening, in stuff ruff & tuff, and some buff. There's a chance of a ride with Sandwich tomorrow if he decides what time works for him.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Kids and we slept until the 4:30 sunrise. Wtf, Japan: why does the sun rise so early?! Today we visit my grandmother again, finally get to Shibuya, and see a 9 story stationary store in Ginza. My 3 year old loves coloring so will be over the moon with the last.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It looks like rain for the next several days and temps in the low 50s. I'm spending my time learning my new gopro session. So far I have it paired to my tablet and desk to but cannot get it paired to my $9.99 cell phone. There must be a way...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Kids and we slept until the 4:30 sunrise. Wtf, Japan: why does the sun rise so early?! Today we visit my grandmother again, finally get to Shibuya, and see a 9 story stationary store in Ginza. My 3 year old loves coloring so will be over the moon with the last.
Isn't Japan the land of the rising sun? I'll google it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So yeah, Japan scammed most of their early culture from China who's scholars thought the origin on the sun was just east of Japan hence Nippon or Sun's Origin. Time has to start somewhere...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still sick, but went riding anyways. The weather here is perfect, so I couldn't picture myself sitting on my ass for another night. Good ride, but god damn is this cold killing my lungs. I feel weak and I was a total mosquito eating mouth breather on the trail tonight. Went I got to the trail, I was the only car parked at the trailhead. When I left, there was about 10 cars. All bikes, which is pretty cool.

@slyfink the trilliums aren't dead yet.....Went to this spot for the roots and admittedly the flowers. This particular forest is literally covered in them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I usually case a jump on my ride. I hit it. But my landings are not so pretty. I hit it today with a bit to much speed. Scared myself. But landed it perfectly. Feeling proud I hit it again. Nailed it. Braggard moment...

Last edited: