Quantcast

friggin foes

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
7 weeks ago i ordered my fxr frame and still no word from foes when my frame will be arriving. prior to ordering i would get responses from emails within an hour helping me make my decision to purchase the fxr. now i cant even get a damn response from three emails or anyone to pickup the ****ing phone at their office. ugh. foes=not cool right now

J

JRB

This is unfortunately common practice in the cycling industry.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i think there was another thread on here about how some guy was waiting for his foes to come in, and got sick of waiting and wound up buying a complete IH instead.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
stoney98 said:
It was a yeti. I had the same issue when the mono 9 first came out. I bot a Giant DH team until the yeti was available, I race the season on a Giant.

ahh, thats right. by bad. however, same thing applies here.

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
Cancel your order, buy a GT, Ironhorse, Giant, etc.
The industry will not change until the market forces them to.
E.13/Evil are a small company and can pull off getting their runs delivered very close to their deadline, other manufacturers need to learn to do so as well.
:stupid: It's only ok because people let it be. Some boutique companies need to tank before anyone's attention is gained.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
stoney98 said:
The industry will not change until the market forces them to.
E.13/Evil are a small company and can pull off getting their runs delivered very close to their deadline, other manufacturers need to learn to do so as well.
there is a considerable difference between a foes and giant, gt, or ironhorse. the last two seasons were spent riding an intense and im hoping for great things from the curnutt.

J

JRB

greenchris said:
im gonna stick it out as im really interested in the fxr- it will give my ss some more lovin until it arrives
And the problem continues. No offense, but if you aren't willing to do anything to prevent the situation in the future, why start a thread???

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
oh im gonna give them hell when i get ahold of them and if im not going to get my frame within the next couple weeks ill cancel my order

J

JRB

greenchris said:
oh im gonna give them hell when i get ahold of them and if im not going to get my frame within the next couple weeks ill cancel my order
Fair enough. That sounds like a plan.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
greenchris said:
You might give them hell, but you've also given them your cash. I bet you paid close to or even full price, PLUS your willing to wait and deal with missed deadlines.

If your dead set on the Foes, then at least make them discount it for the hassle. Otherwise they will continue to bend you over and you will continue to enjoy it.

Yeah, not cool to abandon you after making the sale/taking your order. Really reminds me of the surfboard industry. I can't tell you how many times I've had to hassle my shaper to get my boards done. I learned early on to only give the minimum downpayment so they have an incentive to finish the job.

The only other thing I can say about it is that it is a new model and they're hand made so if it takes a while it takes a while. The payoff is that once you finally do have it, the quality is top notch. Here's to hoping it doesn't take too much longer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DRB said:
bwahahahahhahahahahha make them give you a discount hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahaha Now that's some funny chit mange.
Why is that funny? You pay for something with the idea it will be in your hands in a given time frame. If the time frame is adjusted, so is the price. Otherwise you take your business elsewhere.

Foes knocked $150 off the price of a frame (it was a Fly) that was sent raw rather than having it powdercoated by them (or who ever they use). Why pay for something you don't get? I would think the same rule applies with the timeframe. I would expect to pay extra for rush delivery, or less for delayed delivery.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jimmydean said:
Why is that funny? You pay for something with the idea it will be in your hands in a given time frame. If the time frame is adjusted, so is the price. Otherwise you take your business elsewhere.
Its funny because the odds of it happening are slim to none. However, have at 'em greenie and I'm sure they'll come off the hip for being late with the bike.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
greenchris said:
7 weeks ago i ordered my fxr frame and still no word from foes when my frame will be arriving. prior to ordering i would get responses from emails within an hour helping me make my decision to purchase the fxr. now i cant even get a damn response from three emails or anyone to pickup the ****ing phone at their office. ugh. foes=not cool right now
What size and color are you looking for? I may know somebody who can help.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Damn some HATERS on this board. When santa cruz makes their customer's wait you don't hear a word. Some small company does and you guys are calling for them to shut down business.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Dog Welder said:
Damn some HATERS on this board. When santa cruz makes their customer's wait you don't hear a word. Some small company does and you guys are calling for them to shut down business.
SC gets their fair share of complaints, but they also have an army of goons who blindly accept whatever they're given...lies or whatever. I cant explain it. The next frame I buy will be one that I get immdialely.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dog Welder said:
All I said was if I pay for a frame and they say "2 weeks" and it's been longer, I would expect them to step up and correct the issue. Why would they tell me 2 weeks and make it 6 without so much as a phone call to let me know what's up?

I don't care if it's one dude hand welding the frames or not. Don't tell me 2 weeks unless you can make it in 2 weeks. If it happens to be longer, tell me before it's been 2 weeks and don't make me track you down to find out the status.

It's how you do business. Otherwise, get out of the business.

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
It seems like a lot of cycling businesses get away with really, really bad practices that wouldn't be acceptable in other sectors. I'm not sure if it's because there is a great demand. Maybe it's because the customers are enthusiasts and want particular goods. I think some of it has to do with the 'bro' attitude of some people in the industry.

"Hi, this is stgil888. I'd like to know when you think my frame will be shipped out?"
"I don't know, bro. Might be a while. Enjoy the ride, man. Good times. Take it easy, bro."

It's very frustrating. I've spent the winter building up a bike from scratch via the internet, and it hasn't been easy at all. Getting parts serviced is difficult, and getting them made is even harder, it seems. I wish you luck with your Foes. They're beautiful bikes when they are actually manufactured.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
i got a really great deal from my lbs so im a little bit more patient. as far as waiting im cool- ill be recieving a hand made frame specifically for me with a rear shock that no other company uses. after speaking with foes today my frame is getting painted and will be in my hands by the end of next week. my only rant was the fact that i wasnt getting a reply from my repeated emails. problem solved. foes= good now.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
stoney98 said:
Right, Ironhorse is a lot better. :rolleyes: It's not like people have been waiting months and months for Sunday Factory frames...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
greenchris said:
i got a really great deal from my lbs so im a little bit more patient. as far as waiting im cool- ill be recieving a hand made frame specifically for me with a rear shock that no other company uses. after speaking with foes today my frame is getting painted and will be in my hands by the end of next week. my only rant was the fact that i wasnt getting a reply from my repeated emails. problem solved. foes= good now.
I guess that's my point. If they know it's late, they should let you or at least your LBS know it's late. You paid good money for a product, it should be taken care of properly.

Glad to know your getting it, but you should have been given a timeline and an updated status if that timeline changes.

<edit> I shot the raw Foes Fly and saw first hand how well it was put together when I got it. I have to say it was one of the best looking frames I have ever seen nekkid (and i've seen quite a few from just about everybody).

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
jimmydean said:
Glad to know your getting it, but you should have been given a timeline and an updated status if that timeline changes.
i totally agree the fact that when i ordered the bike i expected to have it within the time frame given. it just so happened when i called to bitch them out foes was easy to deal with and explained that they have had computer problems and such. i know they have been shorthanded so ill deal with it. im just stoked that im getting an awesome frame for this season:love: