Quantcast

Friggin' Hail !

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Had golf ball size hail for almost a half hour last night (1:30am)
My xB, My wifes Focus and my Dad's Maxima, all look like teenagers....... Pimpled!!!!
Not sure what shape my shingles are in, gotta run and call my agent.

J

JRB

Our storms weren't that bad the night before last, but my red bud tree blew in half from it. I got out lucky I guess. They had baseball sized hail in Round Rock from that storm.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
loco said:
Our storms weren't that bad the night before last, but my red bud tree blew in half from it. I got out lucky I guess. They had baseball sized hail in Round Rock from that storm.
Yeah...that baseball sized hail became much smaller after smashing into my wife's car. :(

Garage? You put cars in there? Mine is barely big enough for my bikes and a teeny, tiny workshop.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
You need to get rid of some $hit. :p
I like to do some occasional woodworking. It seems like one tablesaw totally ruins any desire to put a car in the garage. Throw in 5 bikes and some more tools and it's hopeless.

Have two car garages always been this small? It seems like if I had nothing in my garage, I could still only fit two cars if they were compacts without having to crawl out the back window. That appears to be the norm for any newish house around here. :rolleyes:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
druber said:
I like to do some occasional woodworking. It seems like one tablesaw totally ruins any desire to put a car in the garage. Throw in 5 bikes and some more tools and it's hopeless.

Have two car garages always been this small? It seems like if I had nothing in my garage, I could still only fit two cars if they were compacts without having to crawl out the back window. That appears to be the norm for any newish house around here. :rolleyes:
They have been getting smaller, I think. My old house had a pretty big garage (built '79) but my new house (built '87) has enough for a minivan & a Subaru wagon, bikes, a couple shelves with $hit on them, and some stuff around the perimeter. Nowhere near as big as my old garage, though.

Almost all the "new" houses around here seem to have 3-car garages. That must be the workaround. :D

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
Almost all the "new" houses around here seem to have 3-car garages. That must be the workaround. :D
That way they can add a marketing bullet and sell it for more without adding much/any cost.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
MunkeeHucker said:
Not sure what shape my shingles are in, gotta run and call my agent.
I don't think your agent wants to hear about the rash on your ass.

;) kidding of course!

Hail is a bitch!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Bummer man. The hail that blew threw here a month a go blasted my Focus wagon and knocked the hell out of the house roof. I now have a new Toyota Matrix and a check for the roof (I just have to schedule the roofers).

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I turned down a job offer in Natchitoches, Louisiana back in the mid 90's because I wanted a house with an enclosed garage (not a carport) and there were none. Not only none for sale but none ever built.

Must be a small town southern thing.