Quantcast

Friggin seed bugs

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We are starting to see a ton of these little bastards on the outside of house. According to some quick research, it's because they are trying to find a way in for the winter. Anyone else in the northeast have any experience eradicating these things?

I guess they don't do any damage, but I don't want a million of these bugs finding their way into my house for the winter.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
we've got somethin like that at my house...they're kinda the same shape but they are all black with a red stripe on their back...everyday when i go out to my car they're all over my car, and then yesterday we discovered a huge pile of them in a grassy area between our house and our neighbors house

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
We get millions of these little bugs the size of gnats -- they can fit through a regular screen. Luckily, they are content to just stay on the screen, but if you accidentily tap the screen you have about hundred little bugs in the house. They should be arriving Wednesday with our first real cold front.:bonk:

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Aren't those called "Kissing Bugs"

At night they bite your lip or something and give you an infection.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Holy crap, that's what those are! We had one sneak into the apartment and scare Caitlin...much entertainment was had.

Then at work one decided to take a bath in some soup. I rescued him, dumped out the soup, put him in a cup with some bread and lettuce and named him Willis. Then I set him free at the end of the day. Little bastard.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Holy crap, that's what those are! We had one sneak into the apartment and scare Caitlin...much entertainment was had.

Then at work one decided to take a bath in some soup. I rescued him, dumped out the soup, put him in a cup with some bread and lettuce and named him Willis. Then I set him free at the end of the day. Little bastard.
Naming bugs "willis" and shaving your legs? What's next for you, fairy boy?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Have a ton of those things around my place feasting on honeysuckle berries. Pretty harmless, but could be annoying in the house. Just go smash them. Get some RAID.

WTH are cluster flies?
Cluster flies look like houseflies but I guess they're somehow different to fly afficionados. In the fall they try to hide out in houses and are generally annoying. In the spring they wake up and try to figure out how to exit, usually unsuccessfully.

BS, you should huff the Raid. I hear it's real good as for RAID, do you prefer 1 or 5? :bonk:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This time every year I get invaded by ladybugs looking for a place to hibernate. They seem cute until you find swarms of them in the blinds.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Cluster flies look like houseflies but I guess they're somehow different to fly afficionados. In the fall they try to hide out in houses and are generally annoying. In the spring they wake up and try to figure out how to exit, usually unsuccessfully.

BS, you should huff the Raid. I hear it's real good as for RAID, do you prefer 1 or 5? :bonk:
Sounds annoying. All I can say is I'm thankful that the cold weather is setting in. I got damned tired of zapping hornet nests in my eves all summer. And one of the bastards was full of white faces. :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The only bugs I go out of my way to kill are freaking yellow jackets. Every year those little ****ers sting the hell out of me. I take great satisfaction in irradicating yellow jacket nests. Garden hose works best to drown them out, although I just got a pressure washer and look forward to unleashing that upon them.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
The only bugs I go out of my way to kill are freaking yellow jackets. Every year those little ****ers sting the hell out of me. I take great satisfaction in irradicating yellow jacket nests. Garden hose works best to drown them out, although I just got a pressure washer and look forward to unleashing that upon them.
Yeah. I hate them. I have a feeling that global warming has somehow allowed them to breed two generations per season now, and theres twice as many. They got the dog and the cat this year. They payed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah. I hate them. I have a feeling that global warming has somehow allowed them to breed two generations per season now, and theres twice as many. They got the dog and the cat this year. They payed.
I always find them mowing the lawn. A few get chewed up by the mower and when one of the fuggers die they release a pheramone that makes the others attack, I get caught in the crossfire.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I always find them mowing the lawn. A few get chewed up by the mower and when one of the fuggers die they release a pheramone that makes the others attack, I get caught in the crossfire.
The vet bill released my 'kill' pheramone. The cat swelled up like a bratwurst

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Why not just leave the hornets and wasps alone? Even the whitefaces will leave you alone, treated with respect. Or is it that you enjoy poisoning yourself? :confused:
They happened to be hanging above my windows and coming in under my screens. The whiteface bastards were hanging over my front door...and that creeps me the hell out having to walk under that nest 3 times a day.

The hornets also got inside and stung one of the cats a few times. They had to pay for it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Gasoline always worked well for yellow jackets and their nests in the ground. Pour some in the hole wait a minute then through a match and watch the suckers burn.
thats what we always did...burn the little assholes alive....better them than me is what i say.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We call them Stink Bugs and we have them everywhere here too. The will make a hiss sound and man do the stink.