Quantcast

friggin weather

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
It was absolutely beautiful all day today. Clear skies, 70ish, light breeze... perfect weather. Now that's it's within 30 minutes of my going home, the thunder/lightning starts, it's damn near black out, and the downpour is certainly just moments away. Looks like any evening ride is quickly becoming a no-go.

:mumble:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
It was absolutely beautiful all day today. Clear skies, 70ish, light breeze... perfect weather. Now that's it's within 30 minutes of my going home, the thunder/lightning starts, it's damn near black out, and the downpour is certainly just moments away. Looks like any evening ride is quickly becoming a no-go.

:mumble:

great, it will prob. hit here/me as soon as I get on my bike

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Man it's beautiful here...crystal clear blue skies...sunny....warm...light breeze...awesome weather! I could easily go ride after work again...if I wern't going snowboarding that is...:D No doubt will be another sunny, blue bird day tomorrow!
I thought you last snowboarding trip was like 3 trips ago? WTF

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Man it's beautiful here...crystal clear blue skies...sunny....warm...light breeze...awesome weather! I could easily go ride after work again...if I wern't going snowboarding that is...:D No doubt will be another sunny, blue bird day tomorrow!
Same for us! :thumb: Got a 30-miler coming up on Monday morning. Can't wait...... <schawing!>

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
I thought you last snowboarding trip was like 3 trips ago? WTF

Dude...I will be the last person on the last lift of the last day...even though it's slushy its still really fun...I can practice my moves in the pipe...and it's nice and sunny...and no ones up there but shirtless boys...errr...a few people...hahahahaha! This is the last weekend...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
How can she do anything different? The Sierras have *assloads* of snow! :thumb:

-S.S.-

Only a coupla places are open...it was thin down at the bottom of the mountain, but there is still a lot of snow at Squaw...they are worried about the snowmelt and whats going to happen with the rivers...it's been snowing since Sept. or Oct...stopped snowing a few weeks ago...crazy winter we had...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Only a coupla places are open...it was thin down at the bottom of the mountain, but there is still a lot of snow at Squaw...they are worried about the snowmelt and whats going to happen with the rivers...it's been snowing since Sept. or Oct...stopped snowing a few weeks ago...crazy winter we had...
Us too (but paltry by CA standards) - we've had flood watches for the western part of the state for something like a week now. :thumb:

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Dude...I will be the last person on the last lift of the last day...even though it's slushy its still really fun...I can practice my moves in the pipe...and it's nice and sunny...and no ones up there but shirtless boys...errr...a few people...hahahahaha! This is the last weekend...
See, I knew that was the reason you went up there... it was for the boys.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Noooo...I really do enjoy snowboarding...especially spring snowboarding...so fun...and shirtless dudes snowboarding, although not the reason I go, are nothing to shake a stick at...
I went snowboarding at Big Bear in Jan one year. I was flipping out that I could wear a t-shirt. Your lucky if there is one day a year in the spring in the NE that you can wear a t-shirt snowboarding.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Us too (but paltry by CA standards) - we've had flood watches for the western part of the state for something like a week now. :thumb:

-S.S.-

I'm fearing the worst for the leisure river rafting trips...the kind where we bring the water resistant stereo and tons of beer and stop for a couple of hours on beer island on the truckee river will be pushed out to damn near September cuz of all this snow...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
I'm fearing the worst for the leisure river rafting trips...the kind where we bring the water resistant stereo and tons of beer and stop for a couple of hours on beer island on the truckee river will be pushed out to damn near September cuz of all this snow...
We went on a raft trip on the American River when my wife lived in Sac. Low snow year, though - the river was slow, mellow, and warm. :thumb:

-S.S.-

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Beautiful here...the sun actually made an appearance while I was out on my first ride. Just looked at the radar and it appears that there are some storms heading our way so I'll probably get wet on my 2nd ride :(