Quantcast

Frikkin lasagne

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
baboon, i am very curious to see the $70 breakdown for lasagna ingredients. ground kobe beef?
I don't have my receipt in front of me, but here is what I bought. Prices are my best guess from I can remember:

Two tin lasagne pans ($9)
1.25 lb ground beef, 90% lean ($5)
1 package ground turkey ($5)
2 packages hot turkey sausage ($10)
onions ($3)
2 cans crushed tomatoes ($6)
4 cans tomato paste ($2)
2 cans tomato sauce ($2)
two boxes lasagne noodles ($6)
32oz ricotta cheese ($4)
grated parmesan ($8)

Hmmm....that only comes to $60. I'm not sure where that other $10 went. In any case, I drew the line at the fennel seed. I REFUSED TO SPEND $6 ON AN OUNCE OF FENNEL SEED!

I already had all the spices and garlic.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Where's the rest of the cheese?
I knew I was forgetting something.

3/4 pounds of sliced mozzarella ($6)

I made the two lasagnes last night. One is for Xmas and one is for this weekend. They look and smell awesome, and like any good lasagne they are HEAVY. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Do yourself a giant favor and next time you're at Costco get a block of the goods. They usually have both GP and PR. You might never go back....
Problem is, without a family to feed, buying perishables in large quantity leads to a lot of waste. MBC and I would never eat all that parmesan before it goes bad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Problem is, without a family to feed, buying perishables in large quantity leads to a lot of waste. MBC and I would never eat all that parmesan before it goes bad.
Same here. A lot people bitch about preservatives too. If my bread wasn't full of chemicals I'd eat about 1/10th of it before it went bad. The majority of the food I eat is frozen or canned. I'd have to eat out or hit the store almost daily if it wasn't.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Naw - that stuff lasts for ages. Hell - it basically sits in a fridge for something like 18 months "aging" - it'll probably just get better.

And you can slice off chunks, wrap 'em and freeze 'em. Hard cheese rules! :thumb:

Although I'd recommend just slicing some off and eating it with a nice Italian red.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Naw - that stuff lasts for ages. Hell - it basically sits in a fridge for something like 18 months "aging" - it'll probably just get better.

And you can slice off chunks, wrap 'em and freeze 'em. Hard cheese rules! :thumb:

Although I'd recommend just slicing some off and eating it with a nice Italian red.
:imstupid:

the cheese has a very long shelf life, and doesn't taste like sawdust either.

use a veggie peeler and shave off some for topping salads.