Quantcast

Frikkin' Performance - first real issue

J

JRB

It's not a huge deal, but I ordered some wheels on the 22nd and I got my grips and a chain link yesterday. I called today and they think that I will get one wheel on the 1st and one wheel on the 4th. Having been a shipper for quite some time, it is a bit ridiculous to ship an order and have it deliver on 3 seperate days. I don't think Brenda really got that after spending several thousand dollars with Performance that I will think twice in the future. I asked them to be shipped ground instead of by 2nd day Team Performance style. That would have been $55, as I learned last time I bought wheels from them. It would have been less than $20 for them to ship these UPS, and I was billed $32, so they made 40% on the shipping anyway. It seems a bit sh*tty that shipping is a profit center, but that it takes over 2 weeks to get a shipment, and it's in pieces. If the wheels require a signature and I have to go to FedEx twice, I will blow a fuse.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
How much stuff have you ordered from them? They slightly mess up once? Relax. Take a deep breath.

FedEx ground doesn't usually require a signature at least not in Wacko.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
How much stuff have you ordered from them? They slightly mess up once? Relax. Take a deep breath.

FedEx ground doesn't usually require a signature at least not in Wacko.
This is FedEx Smart post, which I am not familiar with. They delivery is 10 days, and it is an estimate??? It's not a f*cking container on a boat. It's a box that was in a hub this morning. They CAN do better than that.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Performance Sux!
$150 for more wheels that I ride and really like does not suck. They even have my name. :D

*this shipping sucks.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
How does someone who claims to work in a shop, order wheels from of all places, Performance?

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
How does someone who claims to work in a shop, order wheels from of all places, Performance?
Helps at a shop building bikes, and I like the wheels. Find me a better set of 20mm wheels with Alex Supra D rims for $150.

J

JRB

FedEx SmartPost takes your package as close as possible to your customer before giving it to USPS for residential delivery. By skipping intermediate postal processing centers, we reduce transit time, minimize handling, and maximize postal discounts. Throughout the delivery process, we utilize our technology to provide shipment visibility of your packages while they are en route to their destinations.

Under our zone-skipping program, we deliver packages to Bulk Mail Centers (BMC), Sectional Center Facilities (SCF), and Destination Delivery Units (DDUs) based on your needs. For fastest delivery and highest discounts, we sort packages by 5-digit ZIP codes and ship directly to DDUs (local post offices).

Packages shipped to BMCs are delivered in-home by the USPS in 3 days; 90 percent of the packages shipped to SCFs are delivered by the USPS in just two days. The majority of packages arriving at DDUs by 7 a.m. are usually delivered in-home by the USPS that same day, with the remainder delivered the following day.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smartpost/approach/zones.html

So they remove my ability to track, they make more money on the freight, and it is handled by someone that has no real stake in it. Makes perfect sense to me. :confused:

J

JRB

BTW - 8 friggin' days later, they THINK they are in West Virginia. I am truly at a loss.

J

JRB

Nope - I blame the Canadians for this. I should send MMike another wolverine because of it.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
loco said:
FedEx SmartPost takes your package as close as possible to your customer before giving it to USPS for residential delivery. By skipping intermediate postal processing centers, we reduce transit time, minimize handling, and maximize postal discounts. Throughout the delivery process, we utilize our technology to provide shipment visibility of your packages while they are en route to their destinations.

Under our zone-skipping program, we deliver packages to Bulk Mail Centers (BMC), Sectional Center Facilities (SCF), and Destination Delivery Units (DDUs) based on your needs. For fastest delivery and highest discounts, we sort packages by 5-digit ZIP codes and ship directly to DDUs (local post offices).

Packages shipped to BMCs are delivered in-home by the USPS in 3 days; 90 percent of the packages shipped to SCFs are delivered by the USPS in just two days. The majority of packages arriving at DDUs by 7 a.m. are usually delivered in-home by the USPS that same day, with the remainder delivered the following day.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smartpost/approach/zones.html

So they remove my ability to track, they make more money on the freight, and it is handled by someone that has no real stake in it. Makes perfect sense to me. :confused:

BWaaaahahhahaha. Ship UPS. If there ever was a worse carrier than FedEx, its name is the United States Postal Service...what an unholy alliance.

J

JRB

chicodude said:
BWaaaahahhahaha. Ship UPS. If there ever was a worse carrier than FedEx, its name is the United States Postal Service...what an unholy alliance.
I think Brenda is pretty clear that I would prefer they had actually used UPS or FedEx. You can call too, but I'm fairly certain that she knows where I stand on their shipping manners.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You get what you paid for. Suck it up, princess.

If you would have built them yourself or had someone at your lbs do it, you would not have saved as much, but you would have them, correct?

J

JRB

jimmydean said:
You get what you paid for. Suck it up, princess.

If you would have built them yourself or had someone at your lbs do it, you would not have saved as much, but you would have them, correct?
It's not like I need them right now, since I don't have my urban frame. I'm not bitching about the wheels not being here. I'm griping about the lame ass method of shipping they used. They make a profit from freight at a sacrifice for service. It seems stupid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
loco said:
It's not like I need them right now, since I don't have my urban frame. I'm not bitching about the wheels not being here. I'm griping about the lame ass method of shipping they used. They make a profit from freight at a sacrifice for service. It seems stupid.
Let me see if I understand:

They overcharge for shipping, then delay it, and you STILL return as a customer? Seems like a briliant idea to me.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
loco said:
Helps at a shop building bikes, and I like the wheels. Find me a better set of 20mm wheels with Alex Supra D rims for $150.
You bought the cheapest piece-o-crap from the cheapest p-o-c mail order house, and you are complaining about the service?

Loco Sucks.

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
You bought the cheapest piece-o-crap from the cheapest p-o-c mail order house, and you are complaining about the service?

Loco Sucks.
Wow - you really are an idiot. Did you miss the point that I have wheels like them already and I like them??? Pay attention, jackass. Not everyone is as supreme a being as you are in relation to the cycling world. Go make an ass out of yourself at a stop light or something. :mumble:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Wow - you really are an idiot. Did you miss the point that I have wheels like them already and I like them??? Pay attention, jackass. Not everyone is as supreme a being as you are in relation to the cycling world. Go make an ass out of yourself at a stop light or something. :mumble:

Suck it up princess. Or bl0w it up, you seem good at both.

J

JRB

Bullitrider said:
Nice thread title. I thought this thread was gonna require us to give "male enhancement" recommendations.:rofl:
You can enhance your performance by knocking off playing with boys. :eviltongu

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
loco said:
No doubt, for the price they are great wheels. Mine have held up to 6+ months of heavy 4X use.
They may not be as sweet as the hand built wheels on my tracer but considering a set can be bought for less than the cost of my rear hub I'd definitely buy again.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
loco said:
It would have been less than $20 for them to ship these UPS, and I was billed $32, so they made 40% on the shipping anyway.
Um. Is it me or are you ignoring the cost of shipping material, labor, etc.?

And are you getting the message that nobody wants to listen to you bitch about late deliveries anymore?

J

JRB

OGRipper said:
Um. Is it me or are you ignoring the cost of shipping material, labor, etc.?

And are you getting the message that nobody wants to listen to you bitch about late deliveries anymore?
Yeah - a mail order place has that built in to their COGS. If they don't, they are stupid. You don't set profit magrins on something like freight that you have no control over.

While you are tired of me bitching about deliveries, I am really f*cking tired of you whining about me. You are one grouchy bastard.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Yeah - a mail order place has that built in to their COGS. If they don't, they are stupid. You don't set profit magrins on something like freight that you have no control over.

While you are tired of me bitching about deliveries, I am really f*cking tired of you whining about me. You are one grouchy bastard.

Suck it up princess.:nopity:

J

JRB

It's f*cking amazing that someone can have a legitimate complaint about a company that most of you hate, but yet it's my fault. What a bunch of assholes some of you guys are. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
It's f*cking amazing that someone can have a legitimate complaint about a company that most of you hate, but yet it's my fault. What a bunch of assholes some of you guys are. :think:
What you are saying is that we all hate Performance, and you have a problem with them. Think there might be a reason everyone hates them. Think there might be a reason why people don't need you to bitch and complain about crap they already know.

Whoops my bad, I'm expecting princess to think.:clue: :dancing: :weee: :p

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
loco said:
You are one grouchy bastard.
And arrogant too (see avatar).

As others have said, you get what you pay for. There just aren't that many shortcuts around. You look like a clown when you try to find them and then complain when they don't work out.

J

JRB

OGRipper said:
And arrogant too (see avatar).

As others have said, you get what you pay for. There just aren't that many shortcuts around. You look like a clown when you try to find them and then complain when they don't work out.
They have always been fine. The problem is, I asked them to deviate from the norm to not be raped on costs. That crashed things. :help: Looking for a good deal isn't wrong. As I said in the Soul thread, price removed, you shouldn't provide crappy service.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
loco said:
I'm not listening to you.
It could be worse. You could have bought them from some guy out of a van, overpaid, and then realised they got them off of a Huffy.

Or....they could have had the order processed through Santa Cruz Bicycles, that would have been a nightmare.

The Ito

J

JRB

Still no wheels on Saturday so I emailed them. I also called today and they think they might be in Dallas now. :rolleyes: Here's the exchange. I am stumped. I'll add that I have been assured that this was FedEx Smart Post and not USPS. I guess Smart Post = USPS.

Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 4:51 PM
To: CustomerService
Subject: Re: Customer Shipping Confirmation Update

Can you please give me an update on these wheels? I got carton 3 of 3, and I called the other day. One box was supposed to deliver today and did not.

I called on Thursday and got very vague tracking. I feel that, given the amount of money I have spent at Performance, that I deserve better service than
a FedEx Smart Post shipment that I can't track. This has been nearly 2 weeks. I shipped ground to save money from the 2 day bike club $50 shipment I
was charged last time I bought these wheels. I would really like an explanation as to why I was billed over $30 for this shipment and do not yet have it.

Contact from a shipping manager would go a long way in insuring that I continue to shop with Performance. I ordered a fork today, and would like to be able
to do so again. I don't feel comfortable with this shipping method and would like reassurance that it does not happen again.

Thanks so much,

John

Dear Mr. Bolin,

Your order shipped 3/22 via USPS. Regular shipping is normally 7-10 business days. Please allow until 4/6 for delivery.

The shipping charge was based on the weight and size of the items ordered. The shipping charge would have been approximately $41.

Regards,

Kelly

Customer Service

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
loco said:
I think the issue here is that you post a thread that looks to be anti Performance, then loge some shipping and some other complaints. When people rip into Performance you start defending them. It's just a mixed message.