Quantcast

Frisbee Golf?

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
So I'm waiting on 20mm cups for my hub so the bike is down for the weekend and I needed to get out of the dorm. A buddy suggested frisbee golf and off we went. I must say it was kinda fun in a really chill way. Especially with the extra activities involved :evil:.

Still couldn't help but think of ripping some gnar-gnar lines past some of the holes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There's a dude at work that would kick your ass if he heard you call it frisbee golf. It's disc golf damit!

I second the hippie remark as well. There is a course here in town and it's a hippie fest every weekend.

J

JRB

I love how these guys around here get stupid stoned and then try to be all serious about flying plastic around. :think: Stupid.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
I love how these guys around here get stupid stoned and then try to be all serious about flying plastic around. :think: Stupid.
kinda like guys getting all serious about riding bikes around huh?

We used to frisbee golf it up, kinda dropped the tradition since the golf partners had a kid. I love it but I always wish i had my bike with me to sip up some of the trails on the course.

J

JRB

laura said:
kinda like guys getting all serious about riding bikes around huh?

We used to frisbee golf it up, kinda dropped the tradition since the golf partners had a kid. I love it but I always wish i had my bike with me to sip up some of the trails on the course.
Don't be logical. It's frisbee golf, dang it.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
You sure are quick to accept defeat.
It's only a week until I meet Laura. I don't want to start with her kicking me in the nuts. :think:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sometimes it's hard to break away from the drum circle, but when you can manage it, frisbee golf can help get the ol' patchouli flowing.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
It's only a week until I meet Laura. I don't want to start with her kicking me in the nuts. :think:
heh, about that. Remember when i said TN and I always flodge out. Well...we probably won't make it out.

I've got that camp I'm doing this weekend and i don't think getting up to devil's den is doable.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I'll say this much for the disc golfers. The group in our community has certainly made it a lot easier for us to talk to and work with the Park Board about making a mountain bike park. The disc golfers were the first "fringe" user group to get organized and put in special use stuff for their group, then the skaters.... they've broken ground for us as a special use group and we have so much less explaining to do. It's very cool.

gg

ArmySlowRdr

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
Killeen, TX
i think some1 i know resembles that remark and-gasp-used to ride mountainbikes even. now i hear he's prez of the local disc club or some such.

loco said:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sneakysnake said:
i'm going to second that, you cant get spiked by cleats when your playing frisbee golf.
:rolleyes: Frisbee and "hardcore" NEVER go together in the same sentence unless seperated by the words "is not"

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
BurlyShirley said:
:rolleyes: Frisbee and "hardcore" NEVER go together in the same sentence unless seperated by the words "is not"

i'll admit that even xc riding is more hardcore that any sort of frisbee, all i'm saying is that ultimate is much more hardcore that frisbee golf