Quantcast

From Blue to Green: Manimal career change

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Just thought i'd pass on to the RM crew what's new in my little world. I've been hesitant to post anything about this for a while because, up until this week, no one at my work knew about it.
i'm about done with the hiring process for the border patrol. the opportunity came up, i applied, and am now just waiting on the results from my background investigation. i've been in the process since december, got a conditional offer in april and should, hopefully, get a firm offer by september.
the local cop stuff has been great for the past 8 years. we train more than any department in the region and, for the past few years, i've been doing a lot of instructing/teaching in addition to my normal duties. unfortunately, we haven't had a raise in 4 years and morale is getting really low for this and other reasons. the BP is something i've always been interested in and, besides the fact that i love what i do now and the BP is one of the few Fed law enforcement jobs that still does actual police work (not sitting at a desk all day like ATF/DEA/FBI/ICE) , the benefits are hard to pass up.
the family is on board with the move, probably to the Tucson area, and we have a lot of support from our friends and family. we don't live near family now so moving won't be a big burden.

so anyway...i just wanted to update those of you who might care.

oh yeah...from the AZ forums, there seems to be a budding gravity scene (FR/DH/DJ) in the SW AZ area...can any locals confirm? :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congrats Manimal! All this time I thought you were going DEA, damn.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Congrats Manimal,

but in the RM world, c'mon, Border Patrol in Arizona? That is intraweb forum gold! The only thing funnier is would be if Silver became a social worker in Compton.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
congrats to you!! and if you need any real estate info, though they live in phoenix, my folks/brothers can direct you since they work for re/max. and if you ever decide to go to rocky point, well, they have a brokerage there, so they'd be able to help with lodging.

you'll love it there, however, the wildcats suck.......... (yep, i'm a sun devil fan)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hey fancy that, toshi sh*tting on everybody else's parade.
I didn't make home prices go down. Not pointing out their current suckage doesn't make them any higher, either. So, in conclusion, shut your whore mouth. :D

Congrats on the new job, manimal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
thanks all..hopefully the congrats aren't in vain as the firm job offer is still ahead. as long as my background comes back ok it's it'll just be a waiting game.
In other words: "as long as they don't find the cross dressing pictures"
:D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This is more awesome than I can handle... soon you will be solely responsible for racial injustice and a bad immigration policy. :D No win for you will be possible!

Just thought i'd pass on to the RM crew what's new in my little world. I've been hesitant to post anything about this for a while because, up until this week, no one at my work knew about it.
i'm about done with the hiring process for the border patrol. the opportunity came up, i applied, and am now just waiting on the results from my background investigation. i've been in the process since december, got a conditional offer in april and should, hopefully, get a firm offer by september.
the local cop stuff has been great for the past 8 years. we train more than any department in the region and, for the past few years, i've been doing a lot of instructing/teaching in addition to my normal duties. unfortunately, we haven't had a raise in 4 years and morale is getting really low for this and other reasons. the BP is something i've always been interested in and, besides the fact that i love what i do now and the BP is one of the few Fed law enforcement jobs that still does actual police work (not sitting at a desk all day like ATF/DEA/FBI/ICE) , the benefits are hard to pass up.
the family is on board with the move, probably to the Tucson area, and we have a lot of support from our friends and family. we don't live near family now so moving won't be a big burden.

so anyway...i just wanted to update those of you who might care.

oh yeah...from the AZ forums, there seems to be a budding gravity scene (FR/DH/DJ) in the SW AZ area...can any locals confirm? :D

Last edited: