Quantcast

Front flip on a Sunday in a cool aid custome!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
it was a back flip. i'm guessing you weren't even there?

have photos and video of that happening..

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
mtnbrider said:
Thats crazy, did he land it? Was it to ground or foam?
Yes he landed it (it was a backflip btw) and also picked up $500 cash.

-ska todd

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i was so ready to call BS on this...is this for real (are we sure this isnt a backflip), dechamp was just pulling it off last year at the bike battle on a hardtail minus the kool aid, that is hysterical.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i'll have my contest video up in a day or so. so you guys can see. i think i found a pic of ska todd actually riding.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
damn, I left to early to find out who'd won, I thought for sure it'd be the kid in the suit on the hardtail, he was killing it! I rode saturday, and sunday, but didn't really compete, I endoed the last jump on dominion really hard on saturday, so that really sketched me out for the rest of the days. also, the other sick move I saw was some guy on a sinister splinter suicide no-handered road to nowhere twice, that was insaine. Great times

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
the suit kid placed 2nd. when he first crashed after attempting the back flip he bent his crank into his chainstay right into his back wheel. we took a rock and bent it back. its alum.. but he road it and was able to do a back flip at the end. he was also the only one that completed a 360. and definitely the highest i've ever seen anyone go on those jumps.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Cant Climb said:
thats a rarer sight than Sasquatch....
I've been riding a hella lot of DH this year...not always well, but riding none the less!

-ska todd

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
Geoff G. said:
damn, I left to early to find out who'd won, I thought for sure it'd be the kid in the suit on the hardtail, he was killing it! I rode saturday, and sunday, but didn't really compete, I endoed the last jump on dominion really hard on saturday, so that really sketched me out for the rest of the days. also, the other sick move I saw was some guy on a sinister splinter suicide no-handered road to nowhere twice, that was insaine. Great times
The kid in the suit may have won if his costume was better. He didnt land a 360 (or even try it?) in the finals. A lot of people seem to always overlook that the contest is judged on 50% costume and 50% riding. Georges costume definatly outweighed any possible gap between the two riders.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
man that was the best time ive ever had at diablo, i was one of like 50 cows, but i still had fun in the contest, i finally got over to the other side of the mountain and hit the road to nowhere drop, man that thing is smooth. my contest runs werent good since half of one of my pedals were gone and i never really got comfortable, but i did come away with some free stuff and everyone at the contest threw down, it was sick

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
DS Dom said:
The kid in the suit may have won if his costume was better. He didnt land a 360 (or even try it?) in the finals. A lot of people seem to always overlook that the contest is judged on 50% costume and 50% riding. Georges costume definatly outweighed any possible gap between the two riders.
very true, I saw him land the 360, but I wasn't sure if it was in the finals or not, george definately had him on the costume aspect. My costume was wicked sad, I had a gorrilla mask duct taped atop my helmet, and a wicked small suit jacket. DHS, you're costume was awesome as well. I couldn't believe how many brooklyns were there, I definately had bike envy that whole weekend on my single speed imp that I put together the day before :)

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I managed to dead sailer the first 2 tables and throw a moto whip on the third. I was just happy to clear them on my DH bike. :thumb:

The suit guy, George and a bunch of others were killing it. I couldn't believe how high they were getting. The suit kid needs a sponsor. Who is he?

The cow guys are a bunch of Lars copycats. :nuts: The Hooter's girls and the wet t-shirt costume were great. Those girls did ride the jump line during the contest. A bunch of guys wouldn't ride the line since they were affraid of looking retarded. Props to the girls.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i can't seem to find my pics of Dom as the chiapet. have a ton of the penis and koolaid. here's a couple.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
ska todd said:
I've been riding a hella lot of DH this year...not always well, but riding none the less!

-ska todd
Whoah, todd, we dont do it like they do it in cali.